corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  56    57    58    59    60    61    62  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
Generation

User status: Offline
27th May 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought mine was to do with limits but they are the same, will see about 1.0 for you
Generation

27th May 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 27-05-2010 by Generation]
shaunmods
Premium Member

27th May 10 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats that idea down the swanny then lol
AlexW

27th May 10 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Told ya

As said shaun, Redex, Warm it and rag the fuckkkk outta it!
and slip him a twenty.

[Edited on 27-05-2010 by AW06]
Nic Barnes

27th May 10 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
Shaun even if it was declared as a 1.6 on the logbook, MOT stuff would still come up as 1.0.

nah mine comes up as a 2.0 on mot computer
swill_omnibus

28th May 10 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well letsput it this way, a twenty in the centre console works wonders for decats and emission failing cars in my area

[Edited on 28-05-2010 by swill_omnibus]
NovalutionGSi

30th May 10 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If all of the above doesnt work Shaun, your figures look very very very much like Mine when it failed this year, they ran Redex through it, ragged it (as did i for the retest), Lambda changed which left one thing.... the Cat! it hasnt been droped or anything like that has it?
shaunmods
Premium Member

30th May 10 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that I know of Adam no. Both the cat and Lambda are brand new. I bought some Redex stuff yesterday to try along with some oil supplement stuff as its smoking a bit

Hopefully that, along with a good hard drive and getting it red hot just before they test the emissions should do the trick

I've changed my bulbs back over now as well. I'm a bit annoyed about having to change them back as its passed with these bulbs twice before at this place so I don't know why they have suddenly got arsey about them. I've just got to sort the alignment out tomorrow night. New reg plates on order as well so all being well it will be ready for its retest on wednesday or thursday

Sold my 106 daily drive yesterday as well. Happy but a bit sad at the same time. I grew to love this little car, never had a single thing go wrong on it. Its being picked up tomorrow afternoon.
Gazdaman

30th May 10 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't add that stop smoke unless you really have to. All it does it thicken the oil and masks a more serious problem. Normally it'll sort knackered bores where engine oil is blowing past the rings.

Next MOT just take the car the long way to the garage, round some country lanes and give it a good thrash. You're so close to the emissions level, I reckon that's all it needs. Coupled with REDEX and you should be dandy.

The other things are simple (and the wrong coloured bulbs and wrongly spaced plate are obvious errors)

Car's looking mint.

Gaz
AlexW

30th May 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^Spoke to shaun on MSN and i have a feeling the breather could be the cause for the smoke.
evans_corsab

31st May 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its going through on the 1L emissions it will be incorrect as its only a 3cylinder . so with it having 4 cylinders its giving more out . sure we had this issue once before
shaunmods
Premium Member

4th Jun 10 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got back from the retest....Failed again! Fuck sake

Emissions again. Results this time were -

First fast idle test

CO 0.386 (300 max)
HC 355 (200 max)
Lambda 1.195 (1.030 max)

Second Fast Idle test

CO 0.322 (0.300 max)
HC 226 (200 max)
Lambda 1.074 (1.030)

Piss off doesn't even come close to describing it! Im stumped now. The garage have said that the results suggest too much oxygen. Luckily they haven't charged me for this retest though. God knows what I'm going to do now though. Just over a week to go to pvs as well so its really not looking good.

[Edited on 04-06-2010 by shaunmods]
FruitBooTeR

4th Jun 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Garages dont normally chagre for a retest anyway do they?...

Have you had the exhaust checked? Not blowing or anything is it?

How olds your CAT? When mine wouldnt get through I put redex in at first gave it a good run and it was better but still to high...put a new CAT on and it sailed through...
shaunmods
Premium Member

4th Jun 10 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This one does lol. Its £27 for a retest here

The cats brand new Jay. A cheap ebay one though Not sure if its worth maybe trying a better quality cat then?
FruitBooTeR

4th Jun 10 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm tbh if you CATs pretty much brand new theres no point in getting another one...unless you get a GM part which would be better..

You could always whack an adjustable fpr on and turn the fuel down slightly..but not sure if the ecu will adjust O2 also? else that would still be out...

Emission is a hard one...its best to find somewhere friendly
shaunmods
Premium Member

4th Jun 10 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
Emission is a hard one...its best to find somewhere friendly

Know anywhere friendly I can try?
dean101287

4th Jun 10 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id try the coolant temperature sensor. Got mine down on my old car and it was about 8quid. Worth a try.
marklawton

4th Jun 10 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might be worth puting a standerd exhuast on, my old grey one failed on emision and i tryed everything and in the end the only thing i could try was to put a standerd cat back exhuast on and the emission came down just that little bit i needed
Sean-B

4th Jun 10 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are you stumped? You're trying to get it through as a 1.0L !!
LoudandProud

4th Jun 10 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CO 0.386 (300 max)
HC 355 (200 max)
Lambda 1.195 (1.030 max)

Im sorry mate i had a similar thing....... the HC is unburnt fuel detected in the emmisions, so regardless of engine size surely that wouldnt change as its an amount of ppm id suggest general overfuelling as the reason for the fail
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jun 10 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check your exhaust for leaks, high oxygen is usually due to a leak in the exhaust system somewhere
skankaman

4th Jun 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know if you know of tamworth engines by bike tec mate? But my mate had the same problem kept failing on his emissons. Soo he took it there explained the situation and they passed it for him. Give um a try not dealt with um myself but my mate said they were alright
Joe

4th Jun 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheap cats can be really shit. Don't rule it out because its new.
Ojc

4th Jun 10 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you running the secondary air pump? And how warm are you getting the car?
shaunmods
Premium Member

4th Jun 10 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for your help everyone

Dean, the CTS is a brand new Vauxhall one mate. I've just had a diagnostics test done as well and it didn't flash anything up other than the secondary air pump.

Sean, I thought that at first but the pass levels are exactly the same for both engines.

LoudandProud, Vauxhall suggested that it was running a bit rich actually yeah. You can smell it if you stand behind it so thats got to be worth investigating next.

I'll have to check the exhaust as well. When I fitted it there wasnt any obvious leaks but its worth checking if its going to help But yeah the cat is only a cheap one. So it might be worth buying a decent one.

Ojc, not running a secondary air pump mate no. The car was red hot this time.

<<  56    57    58    59    60    61    62  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 23 database queries in 0.0284700 seconds