corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  55    56    57    58    59    60    61  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
Olsrey

User status: Offline
26th May 10 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You not got a friendly MOT man then .
shaunmods
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Matt I spoke to someone there about it and they said to get a couple of hundred miles on it, then use some fuel cleaner etc and give it a good rag before the test. But I can't drive it anywhere because I've got no tax etc so I'm stuck a bit at the minute.

Olsrey, on the hunt for one now

[Edited on 26-05-2010 by shaunmods]
jibjob

26th May 10 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just leave it to idle for a few hours, occasionally giving it a bit of a rev. It will do the same job as driving it as the engine will still be turning.
Olsrey

26th May 10 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Yeah Matt I spoke to someone there about it and they said to get a couple of hundred miles on it, then use some fuel cleaner etc and give it a good rag before the test. But I can't drive it anywhere because I've got no tax etc so I'm stuck a bit at the minute.

Olsrey, on the hunt for one now

Good lad. Shame you're so far from me as my MOT blokes nice .

[Edited on 26-05-2010 by Olsrey]
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wrong coloured bulbs - stick standards back in

Headlight alignment - ask them to set them for you?

Reg plates - stick S24 UNH (with correct space)

Exhaust emissions - have you got a de-cat? stick a cat back on if you have? are put a full standard exhaust system on it?

are as said above get your car piping hot before her m.o.t

shaunmods
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kev its got a cat on it These are the results I got for the emissions:

First idle test

CO - 0.409 (Max 0.300)
HC - 367 (Max 200)
Lambda - 1.247 (Max 1.030)

Second idle test

CO - 195 (PASS)
HC - 204 (Max 200)
Lambda - 1.144 (Max 1.030)

So it was pretty close on the second one. Thats doing it on the limits for the 1.0 12v as well
Dan295

26th May 10 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan295
if im at pvs i will have those clocks off you mate, can you u2u me a picture of the back of them just to make sure

did you rebuild it? chances are its probably just burning off the oil you used when you put it together. a said before just leave it running for ages
shaunmods
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Dan I meant to leave you a comment when I posted earlier but I forgot. I've now found out that my electric clocks arent working after all They read the speed sometimes upto about 20mph but today they werent working half the time I drove it so I need to change them over to the cable ones now. Sorry about that mate.

Its not been fully rebuilt though no. Its had new gaskets, new cambelt, water pump etc and a full service. Nothing internally on the engine has been touched. Its only done about 2-3 miles since its been in the car though and its been standing for ages so I'm hoping a good run etc should sort it

cjohnson

26th May 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame mate. Bet you're well gutted! Olsrey, where you get yours MOT'd? Mine is nice too, get mine done in Bolton Woods somewhere, can't remember the name now lol.

[Edited on 26-05-2010 by cjohnson]
MarkSport

26th May 10 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is your lambda ok mate? might be worth checking as its had everything new.
AlexW

26th May 10 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As mark said, Lambda, And rag the fuckk outta it before MOT.

Speedo wise, you sorted a VSS then?, I still reckon the electric clocks are a better idea!
Ant B

26th May 10 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a shame mate bet your gutted!!
Generation

26th May 10 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My reading were over after my conversion was told to rag it and put fuel cleaner in, made no difference at all, so got new cat no difference. Just got friendly one in the end
shaunmods
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The lambda should be fine guys as its brand new Not sorted the speedo yet though Alex, gonna leave it till after pvs now

cjohnson, I got it done at my old work (fiat dealer), miserable buggers wouldn't give me any leniency lol

I'm a bit annoyed yeah but I was half expecting them to find something for it to fail on. It could have been worse at the end of the day The most annoying thing is that I've had a taste of the 1.6 power now but I've had to go back to my 1.1 106

Generation, I don't know whether to try it and fork out for a retest in the hope that its ok or to just go else where for a more friendly one to save the hassle.

JaffaTB

26th May 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gutted mate, when i took mine the bloke kept trying til it passed the emissions (3rd time and only just )
Generation

26th May 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alot of places do free testest within 10 days anyway?
If not would just get friendly one, as you know rest of car is fine(apart from lights)
shaunmods
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Alot of places do free testest within 10 days anyway?
If not would just get friendly one, as you know rest of car is fine(apart from lights)

Thats what I thought but its £27 for a retest where I went Its only free if you let them carry out the repairs. The mot was only £32 though. I think i'm going to go elsewhere
Graeme
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 23:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that the numbers for a 1.0 u say?

tell them its a 1.6, my old 2.0 came up as a 1.2 but they changed it, didnt really matter when the emmisons probe made its way into a near by petrol car that always passed
MarkSport

27th May 10 at 05:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a place in coleshill i went mate.mine failed on emisions but they kept trying and it passed.if not i know a FRIENDLY mot man

shaunmods
Premium Member

27th May 10 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Graeme that was on the 1.0 figures. Its all insured as a 1.6 but I can't declare it with the dvla until I can get an engineers report or similar done. The other bits are going to be an easy fix. I can order some new reg plates tonight, change my bulbs back over and then get them to adjust them when I drop it off as my adjusters are knackered. I could also see if they will let me take it for a good drive just before they do the emmisions as the second test it drop quite a bit so it must have warmed up a bit. We'll see

Mark, u2u me!

[Edited on 27-05-2010 by shaunmods]
Daveskater
Premium Member

27th May 10 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
tell them its a 1.6, my old 2.0 came up as a 1.2 but they changed it, didnt really matter when the emmisons probe made its way into a near by petrol car that always passed
Sneaky

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
swill_omnibus

27th May 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah that's nothing really only the emissions that are the issue!

just put fuel cleaner and engine flush but shame you can't really take it out to get the engine warmed up properly!

Hope you get it sorted though mate!
AlexW

27th May 10 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shaun even if it was declared as a 1.6 on the logbook, MOT stuff would still come up as 1.0.
shaunmods
Premium Member

27th May 10 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
Shaun even if it was declared as a 1.6 on the logbook, MOT stuff would still come up as 1.0.

Really? didnt realise that. Hmmm I'll have a word and see if that can do it on the 1.6 figures next time. It might give me that little bit extra allowance I need.

Just ordered some new reg plates as well
AlexW

27th May 10 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When my miss gets back il check the limits, see if there the same as the 1.0, i think they would be tho.

<<  55    56    57    58    59    60    61  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.1987300 seconds