corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  41    42    43    44    45    46    47  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
Rich H

User status: Offline
14th Mar 10 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is going to be insanely tidy Look forward to more updates mate!
maberz

14th Mar 10 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

white corsa posse at pvs ftw! i want your paint! lol
vaux.dan

15th Mar 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wish my x16xe was that clean , and my car lol.... class car mate, cant wait to see it at pvs
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

15th Mar 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi shaun, excellent car, best on the forum , read your thread many times but not posted, i also have a 12v, how much work was it to fit the power steering, what was needed. , did it just go straight in without any problems?

many thanks
shaunmods
Premium Member

15th Mar 10 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deadliner
hi shaun, excellent car, best on the forum , read your thread many times but not posted, i also have a 12v, how much work was it to fit the power steering, what was needed. , did it just go straight in without any problems?

many thanks

Thanks a lot bud! I'm don't think you be able to fit the same PAS setup as mine on your 12v to be honest . The 1.0 12v uses a different front D/S engine mount to the rest of the range that doesn't have the mounting point for the PAS pump on it so I can't see how you could get it to work. I think the only other option would be an EPAS (electronic) which the higher spec corsa 1.0 12v's come with. I don't know much about this though unfortunately so it might be worth sticking a thread in the help section to see whats involved in fitting that

Cheers everyone for the comments. Should be more updates coming very soon!
cayenne15
Premium Member

17th Mar 10 at 00:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done mate! that manifold drop me a text if you need a hand putting the engine in mate! keep up the good work
Graham88

17th Mar 10 at 02:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gorgeous
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Mar 10 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cayenne15
well done mate! that manifold drop me a text if you need a hand putting the engine in mate! keep up the good work

You're more than welcome to come round and help if you want mate We're dropping it in this sunday so just let us know if you want to come round

Cheers Graham!

[Edited on 17-03-2010 by shaunmods]
Minty_Fresh

17th Mar 10 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

getting there now shaun, personally i would re-wrap the wires etc, even with that ribbed plastic wiring covering you can get, think it would tidy it up so matches the rest of the engine bay..

shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Mar 10 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_boy
getting there now shaun, personally i would re-wrap the wires etc, even with that ribbed plastic wiring covering you can get, think it would tidy it up so matches the rest of the engine bay..

The engine looms been rewrapped with some plastic tubing already mate so its nice and tidy now
shaunmods
Premium Member

21st Mar 10 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BIG UPDATE

I've made a load of progress with the corsa over this last week. During the week I finished my undersealing and done a few other bits and bobs. One of the things I'd forgot about was to clean the underside of my bonnet..whoops. It was a right state before so I gave it a good clean and degrease

Next up I decided to repaint my 2.0 calipers. I went for red this time so it ties in nicely with my red hoses. They look ace behind the white speedlines I reckon. Excuse the rust disks

The next thing we did was to do the last few bits to the engine. We fitted a brand new clutch onto it and then put the gearbox back on Starter motor went back on as well. The engine was now good to go!

...or so I thought. I was fitting the gearbox mount and suddenly it hit me "shit this mount isn't going to work!" Really lucky I noticed before I started trying to fit it. I then had to strip the old mount off my old gearbox, thank god I hadn't sold the old 1.0! So I quickly cleaned up the mount and painted it so that I could get it fitted.

Gotta love a good before and after pic

And how it looked waiting to go in

Now the best bit. We lifted the front of the car right up and pushed the engine under ready to be mounted

Went in a hell of a lot easier than the old one did coming out! All mounted up

This was as far as I thought I was going to get today. But the weather was so nice we decided to carry on! Next stage was to build the anti roll bar/ tie bars up

Quick pic of it against my old manky one

With that refitted along with the lower arms it was time to drop it back onto its wheels for the first time in god knows how long!

and how I left it for the night

So chuffed at the minute! One problem I have is that the tracking is miles out...and i mean miles lol. So I need to adjust that enough so that I can move it then its time to crack on with the wiring which is going to be so much fun lol

Adam C
Premium Member

21st Mar 10 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn Impressive shaun

Engine before and after some serious attention to detail!

Well done mate, not far off now and looks amazing as usual

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
swill_omnibus

21st Mar 10 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sex
FAZ
Premium Member

21st Mar 10 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow wow wow, looks amazing!
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

21st Mar 10 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm soooo jealous! looks really good mate and as said before the attention to detail in the before and after is amazing!
Keep up the good work!!!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
scoob
Premium Member

21st Mar 10 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love this mate!
Chris C

21st Mar 10 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks awesome, well done ;-)
.Matt

21st Mar 10 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spot on fella, looks ace.
M Sutton

21st Mar 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolutely stunning!!

Engine looks awesome, keep up the good work mate
red_top_corsa

21st Mar 10 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking great mate nice to see youve done it your self great build there whats your plans after the engine tho
SeanXE

21st Mar 10 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow so clean :O
MarkSport

21st Mar 10 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OMG shaun that's amazing mate.well done.I would have come round this weekend but my car is being a ball ache.drop me a text when you're next on it and i will pop round for definate,it's been ages since i seen you.
AlexW

21st Mar 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fantastic, Looks epic

That gearbox mount, is a nova one lol
Dale

21st Mar 10 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good shaun, alot further ahead than me lol your putting yours in and i'm taking mine out again!
shaunmods
Premium Member

21st Mar 10 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks a lot everyone! I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere with it now! Couldn't stop smiling when I got it back on its wheels, its starting to get back to its former self

Mark, deffo pop round mate! even if its one night in the week or something. Like you say its been ages We need to catch up.

red_top_corsa, not much more planned after the conversion is done to be honest mate. Once its running there where lots of engine bay dressing ready for pvs. But other than that the only other thing I'm fancying is a set of coilovers. After that I want to stop the spending to be honest and just enjoy driving the car again

Alex, Nova mount No wonder it didn't fit lol. I know the bloke I bought it off said he was planning on putting it in a nova so that kind of makes sense.

Dale I've had a good head start lol, 5 months its been off the road now! As long as yours is done for PVS thats all that matters, cant wait to see it again

[Edited on 21-03-2010 by shaunmods]

<<  41    42    43    44    45    46    47  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.2044799 seconds