corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe problems
corsacoley

User status: Offline
14th Sep 07 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, ive got a '97 corsa sport which used to be a x14xe until the timing belt snapped, so some clown dumped a 1.6 16v lump in, which i think is the X16XE. It was running on 3 cylinders with the eml on, so i had a new wiring loom put on cuz the wiring was shat, then went from there. I replaced the ecu, which was from the 1.4, to another 1.4 ecu. It ran on all four but only revs up to 5k and the eml is still on. then i took it out the other day and after an hour or two it started idling really lumpy, then cut out. Its been doin this ever since. Do i need a 1.6 ecu? or could the faults still be stored on the ecu and just need clearing? ive tried disconnecting the battery. I'm a bit stuck, any help would be appreciated
gsirick

14th Sep 07 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try doin the paperclip test and see what fault codes are on the ecu
corsacoley

14th Sep 07 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it came up as a coil pack before, so i changed that, the leads and plugs. Thats when it was running on 3. But was just wonderin why its bein such a dick atm, hittin the limiter at 5k and stalling :S
gsirick

14th Sep 07 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a c16xe gsi ecu if you need one, not sure if these are the same as the x16xe ones tho.
corsacoley

14th Sep 07 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm. im not that clued up, hopefully some1 will know. ill need the transponder ecu and chip if its got them too
gsirick

14th Sep 07 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a non immobiliser type so wont be any good to you, some one on here might be more helpful

New Poll