corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Mates "Weekend fun / Track Car"

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mates "Weekend fun / Track Car"
John G

User status: Offline
4th Oct 07 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where abouts is that down your way??
namkeaps

4th Oct 07 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its by chester mate. its difficult getting people there as its at the works unit so unknown faces threy don't like

car will be on the road soon anyways
John G

4th Oct 07 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by namkeaps
its by chester mate. its difficult getting people there as its at the works unit so unknown faces threy don't like

car will be on the road soon anyways

fair play, youll have to drop us a pm when its put and about, stil yet to go in and xe
namkeaps

4th Oct 07 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sure will dude

Would you beleive mate i have not been in or driven an XE corsas!
Ste L

4th Oct 07 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by namkeaps
sure will dude

Would you beleive mate i have not been in or driven an XE corsas!

you drove my xe nova, which is basically a corsa
namkeaps

5th Oct 07 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sort of but still ... not the same lol
Uber-Smee

6th Oct 07 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love the thread mate, keep up the good work
Ste L

12th Oct 07 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit late with the updates, but here is a couple:

Wednesday 3/10/07:

Tonight cut the bulk head to allow room for the SFI box, hopefully enough with keeping the rest of it to allow the supports for the scuzy panel:

Also mounted the front bumper with some catches, mainly due to the fact I cba with all the fixing that should hold it on which would make it a pain in the arse to take the bumper off to allow the use of a towing frame:

Made up a few covers to go over the holes left from removing the heater setup and removing the rear window wiper.
Will be a few days before there is any more updates - going on a relaxing mini break to help aid the recovery.

Wednesday 10/10/07:

Decided I would lift the engine into place tonight, the main aim was to get it bolted into place. Had a few prep bits to do to the engine before fitting:

Broke out the engine crane again

Removed the oil cooler sandwich plate using the threaded bar from vaux, also fitted a new oil filter whilst at it:

Removed the old oil pressure sensor:

Removed the drive shafts:

When removing one, found a missing bolts - wounder if that was the cause of vibrations on the SRi:

The front drivers side mount, showing where the power steering pump was hitting when two of the bolts came out

Fitted the new oil pressure sensor for the new gauge:

Fitted the short shifter to the mount:

Lifted the car over the engine:

Then hit a bit of a problem, which I caused myself :MSG: Whilst fitting the mount bolts I first fitted the drivers side, then tried the passengers side, but couldn't get the engine to fit between the two mounts, also it didn't go high enough before the gearbox hit the inner wing, turns out I needed to use the gearbox mount from the original engine not the donor car D'oh:

So ended up giving up for today and ballancing the engine on a pry bar
Corsa_Scotty

12th Oct 07 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you going to use the cavvy GSI alloys on the car??? would look sweet in black
Ste L

12th Oct 07 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they'll be staying the same colour no doubt..

car's not for look's, just for killing round a track
DYL

9th Jul 08 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any update?
Ste L

9th Jul 08 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forgot about this thread....

Right, appologies for no updates for way to long, there were a couple of reasons but hey how, here is the update to bring things upto date:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 13/10/07:

Well went and picked up the correct gearbox mount for the corsa after realising the daft misstake. So dragged the car back inside:

New mount on and the engine is finally sitting how it should:

Now onto the next problem, a few people had said to me that the wide multi-v belt pulley for the alternator would fit, hmmm not the case here :frown: :

This combined with a few other things was like hitting a brick wall and stopped the project for quite some time. Basically the project was something to take my mind off something that happened in my life which I really needed to take my mind off, and the project was the perfect answer it kept me busy and my mind occupied.
However at this point things had been sorted hence the project slowed alittle, and when on a quick inspection it looked like the engine was going to have to come out due to the need to remove the alternator to swap the pullies over for a narrow v-belt, the reason for this thought was, the lower long bolt that holds the alternator on would hit the inner wing before the alternator was free.
Now with things sorted and now being well into winter, short days, going dark early and cold weather I decided to take a break for a while, take some time to properly sort things out.

Sunday 13/01/08:

Well decided I would start trying to get things moving again. Jacked the car up to start removing the engine, then realised the long bolt in the bottom of the alternator screws into a bracket which is bolted to the back of the block, so by removing these two bolts the alternator came straight out :Cuckoo: so changed the pulley and refitted the alternator. Ready for the next problem :hammer: .

Whilst I was under the car decided to join the gear linkage up, and hey presto, trying for 3rd or 5th would result in the selector hitting the steering rack:

With things back on track with my life, and this project seeming to hit problems as soon as one was sorted I but it on the back burner for a while.

Saturday 26/04/08:

Well a mate blew his engine up, and another one who bought a Corsa XE ready converted it, rolled it and the fully rebuilt engine and goodies went up for sale. Sooo I decided to buy the engine and sell the one which has taken soo long to get into the corsa. So out came both engines:

Out came my cam's:

Now a little prep work on the new engine ready to go in, including tidying up the massive amount of wires needed LOL:

So the engine is ready to go in, but I ran out of time after finishing putting andy's engine in and getting the astra back on the road.

Thursday 8/05/08:

Decided it was time to get the new engine into the bay, all went very smoothly, hopefully a sign of things to come with this engine:

A little modifications to make room:

Finally the engine is in, the throttle cable is in, so just need some wiring and fuel pipes connecting up, along with a fuel pump:

DYL

10th Jul 08 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate, im still gtted i sold that cage!
DaveB

10th Jul 08 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damned close those parallels!
rikkgti

10th Jul 08 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats fucking sweet
Haynesy

12th Jul 08 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love the way u used the hi-ab crane on the lorry rather than the conventional engine crane!

good project, really not much clearence in the bay tho!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Mates "Weekend fun / Track Car" 23 database queries in 0.0219641 seconds