corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Apr 12 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Video of decat sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTigVJBHU2U&feature=youtube_gdata_player
chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Apr 12 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I decided to fit the silencer and it is a bit quieter but ive not been out in it yet to really hear the difference.

So ive made a new splitter as the old one was fucked.

Off

New splitter

Waterproofed

Old one fucked

And on

gez bay

26th Apr 12 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love this car. Always improving.
I see this and I end up looking at them again, but I'm sure doing my 60 mile commute everyday would be a killer
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Jun 12 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are nit too bad tbh i can do here to luton which is 3 hours and im perfectly fine.
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stripped the car down over the last couple days because the alternator failed.

Oil from the crank case breather.. Oil level too full.

The oil made its way into the laminovas in the inlet and water system so had to power wash the manifold and get some petrol swilled around.

New vs old tyres.

big eck

6th Oct 12 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ, do you really need to take the full car apart just to get to the alternator???
chris_uk
Premium Member

6th Oct 12 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A standard one no but because this has got a pulley bolted on you cant get access unless ur manifold and supercharger are off and its really not a nice job to do with clam on.
chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Feb 13 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

while the alternator was being replaced i also took the opportunity to mount a guard for the supercharger belt, one of the lads from the vx forum had an issue which resulted in a little fire so i didn't want to take the same chance.

the little fire

also my rear coupe and new hardtop has arrived (exactly like these)

hoping to prep it and get it fit this week (if the inner section arrives) going to use aerocatches to keep it in place (2 lockable ones and 2 normal ones)

Ben G

19th Feb 13 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus christ, poor vx220

Coupe top looks fantastic also. Wish someone would make that for z4 roadsters.
chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Feb 13 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will the community not sort it?

we used that carbon version and made a mould which we now own, we can have as many as we want now.

all done through the forum.
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BeetleGav

20th Feb 13 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it broken in the corner?
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea got damaged in transit, nothing that i cant sort out tho with a bit of fibreglass from halfords.

its going to take a lot of fettling to get right so im not too fussed.
Simon_16v

20th Feb 13 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the scoop functional too for engine cooling too?

Looks really smart, bet it's a little bit fun in the wet!
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea it is simon, leads directly into the coupe part then into the engine compartment, but im going to use that for the air intake of the engine.

like this

Simon_16v

20th Feb 13 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh sweet!

Is the intake one of the side vents at the moment?
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, but it gets all sorts of road grime in there so hopefully having it above should stop that or reduce it at least.
chris_uk
Premium Member

22nd Feb 13 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flybikeslee

22nd Feb 13 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is going to look great!
Ben G

22nd Feb 13 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
will the community not sort it?

we used that carbon version and made a mould which we now own, we can have as many as we want now.

all done through the forum.

they tried, and failed

yours looks great. can't wait to see the finished article.
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Feb 13 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to wait now for the inner skin to arrive so i can get the hardgop bonded on and then line up the coupe back propperly.
chris_uk
Premium Member

27th Feb 13 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

inner skin for the hardtop has arrived so im going to put it all in place them bond it together, not sure what would be best atm tho, stikaflex/tigerseal or resin hmmm... any thoughts?

anyway pic

chris_uk
Premium Member

28th Feb 13 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

inner skin

hardtop bolted down in place (dry atm) get it all lined up and see what needs modifying

this needs a little touch up

i am going to change the way the coupe back sits on the hardtop, atm the lip has to go under the hardtop but by swapping that around i might be able to hinge the coupe part so i can lift it up and not have to remove it completely.
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Mar 13 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

djgritt
Premium Member

1st Mar 13 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love that Coupe trim, makes it look much more aggresive. Will be following this!

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids 23 database queries in 0.1966679 seconds