corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids
gez bay

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 13 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is amazing. Best mod visually. Love it!

That air I take design is also, Awesome!
keep us updated
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Mar 13 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

started making the lip on the hardtop today, got it roughly where i want it, i will go back tonight and get another layer on. over the next week i can start to build the lip up and get it strong.

the coupe back will sit on this with a seal so when i lock the coupe down it should press the seal into this lip hopefully sealing it.

chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Mar 13 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Mar 13 at 23:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my garage isnt big enough

Sean

2nd Mar 13 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good, I know how you feel when it come to space struggle working in mine to! Quick question for you, can you get different dials for the vx220 clocks? Thinking of some for the nova but ideally I'd like black dial faces . Cheers
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Mar 13 at 23:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think its too easy to strip them apart tbh, im sure you could tho.

if you do get some get the NA ones rather than the turbo ones. the NA is a Genuine Stack dash and it has numbers for the fuel rather than blocks

turbo ones

na ones

chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Mar 13 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

change of plan..

i decided to copy what one of the other VX owners did, originally i didnt want to cut up any existing body work so immediatly it ruled out using this but after seeing his its an absolute must imo.

take the original roll bar and chop the fucker up

doing this meas i can keep the original seals rather than making some, it also means that i can take the hardtop off completley, use the softtop and still use the coupe back.. this was one of my biggest compromises; using a convertible without the use of a open top but this solves it completely. using this means that it will seal 100% as factory.

here is the cut down cover on the car.

the coupe park will have to be modified to remove the lip which is currently on it and i will get a strip of rubber and mount it ontop of the upstand off the rollbar cover this way i will get a seal all the way around.

this is lees, his coupe opens the other way, i still want to make use of the original boot latch so ideally i still want to open it the usual way, but depending if i can find the correct hinges i might be going down this route aswell..

chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Mar 13 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Mar 13 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the coupe back is pretty much sorted now, just need to be wrapped and some seals putting on underneath then its done.

the roof needs to titivating to get right.

full pic of the bar (not sure i like this but for now it will do

with the roof i need to just alter how far back the flat sits so im going to try make something up here which goes along the front just like the sides.. hopefully it will work but ive no idea lol

inside is a bit of a mess.

new winglets for the spoiler, just testing this design to see if i like it

[Edited on 07-03-2013 by chris_uk]
N7 THD

7th Mar 13 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stunning mate, serious bit of work gone into the coupe top!
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Mar 13 at 23:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, its been quite a little challenge to get it sorted. need to try get this finished soon, im fitting the harrop tomorrow so hopefully all being well it should be sorted by next week.
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Mar 13 at 01:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today i fitted the harrop.. What a fucking pita!! Wasnt just as easy as it was made out to be, i had to modify some wiring to makepart of the look longer, the bulkhead had to be cut to get two bolts in and tight, map sensor had to be moved around as the charger fouled the sensor, the fuel pump had to be changed for a bigger flow one so i had to modify the fuel housing, the dipstick had to be moved but ither and all that it was reasonable straight forward..

Its on now, just need to get a couple bits done and the fuel pump filter found (i need the original one again) i should be able to drive it. Started it up and it fired and ran fine which was a relief.

Anyway.

Harrop on

Bulkhead cut ( ive got a piece of carbon to cover the opening)

My winglets have been cut but didnt take any pics.
Ben G

9th Mar 13 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats a harrop? i thought it was a mistake for hardtop, but i guess not
BenC1985

9th Mar 13 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
whats a harrop? i thought it was a mistake for hardtop, but i guess not

I thought exactly the same.lol still dont know what it is even after reading it all. Haha
Simon_16v

9th Mar 13 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd guess it's the new supercharger?
BenC1985

9th Mar 13 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon_16v
I'd guess it's the new supercharger?

Now you say that i can see thats what it is. Lol Visually quite different.
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Mar 13 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea its the new supercharger

finally finished installing it at about 1pm this afternoon, then we instantly started doing another one! this one is a little easier as there isnt as much messing about and we did all the mistakes on mine lol

video of the sound, shite video i know but it does sound ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoZdkboJGKA

revs up nice and fast still which is good

[Edited on 09-03-2013 by chris_uk]
corsadonk
Premium Member

10th Mar 13 at 08:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice work on the cover. The engine sounds great.

[Edited on 10-03-2013 by corsadonk]
ChazSXi

10th Mar 13 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So can you no longer use as a convertible?
kennySRi

10th Mar 13 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great work and an absolute stunning car! Can't wait to see it all finished.
chris_uk
Premium Member

10th Mar 13 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep i can. I can just take the hardtop off and it still stays all sealed etc.

Im actually toying with the idea of mounting the original hardtop on and putting the scoop straight onto that.. But ive still got to decide.
M Sutton

11th Mar 13 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good and sounds the bollox!!
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Mar 13 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ta. Hopefully when i get the new exhaust it wont be quite as loud.
flybikeslee

11th Mar 13 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coupe back going red?
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Mar 13 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, the coupe and hardtop are going red. I got all that vinyl for free and it wont cost me to wrap it as ill do it myself. Just temporary until tom does me a deal on a respray.

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids 23 database queries in 0.1023278 seconds