corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » are they giving out driving licenses to morons thses days?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author are they giving out driving licenses to morons thses days?
Lee Wilson

User status: Offline
7th Aug 07 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had some twat the other week pull into the slow lane from the middle lane as I was entering the motorway off the slip road I thaught I was saying goodbye to my Corsa TBH.
corsa_rob

7th Aug 07 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

since this mobile ban came in ive been really pissed off...cus now instead of people swaying from lane to lane...they slam their brakes on indictate like 2 flashes worth and pull over to answer their fone...

meanwhile ure the car behind with ure heart about to burst out ure chest thinkin ure corsa will go to VH (vauxhall heaven)...but its ok cus he now knows his tea's on the table!
antmashed

7th Aug 07 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate it when ur joining a duel carriage way or even a motorway and some cunt in the slow lane wont move over when theres no other cars about and makes you slamm on the anchors and start from 5mph
corsa_rob

7th Aug 07 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antmashed
i hate it when ur joining a duel carriage way or even a motorway and some cunt in the slow lane wont move over when theres no other cars about and makes you slamm on the anchors and start from 5mph

lol i had this tonight...M6 hahaha was 2 free lanes and he sat their in the slow one! gud en!
richc

7th Aug 07 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
ooh got another one

people that join the motorway at 40mph, hello, dangerous!

But the people that slam on to let them in are even worse (i dont mean the slow car is pulling out, i mean just tootling down the slip)

Fuck em, and over take them at insane rpm, shits them up!
Kurt

8th Aug 07 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

tbh your meant to pick a space and accelerate/decelerate accordingly

quote:
Using slip roads
A slip road can be used to build up your speed such that you can time your entry on to the carriageway to coincide with a suitable gap in the traffic from your right. The objective is to match the speed of the traffic on the carriageway such that the gap needed will be minimal.

If you are travelling at a slower speed then the gap needed will have to be much larger. Unfortunately slip roads come in varying lengths therefore it is not always possible to match the speed of the traffic you intend to merge with. Consequently, even before you commence the manoeuvre of joining a carriageway you must assess the length of the slip road to determine what speed you can attain and what gaps there are in the traffic from your right. Once you can see a reasonably sized gap coming towards you in the mirrors adjust your speed such that you can reach the speed you need to merge safely at the same time as the gap appears to your right

You then need to check your mirrors again and possibly glance into your right hand blind spot just before joining the carriageway. Therefore to complete this manoeuvre you effectively use the hazard drill at least twice with extra observations through the mirrors.

taken from http://www.learnerdriving.com/lb_12carriageways.html

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_rob
quote:

lol i had this tonight...M6 hahaha was 2 free lanes and he sat their in the slow one! gud en!

well yeah, you have to return back to the slow lane once you have completed your manouver (sp)

[Edited on 08-08-2007 by Kurt]
ed

8th Aug 07 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cars.uk.msn.com/news/car_news_article.aspx?cp-documentid=5825579
ed

8th Aug 07 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of people seemto have a problem maintaining a constant speed. There is no need to vary your speed while driving on a motorway by as much as 30mph every 5 seconds. If you are that shit a driver, get cruise control.
taylorboosh

8th Aug 07 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I don't think they just give them to morons now, most of the people who are trouble (driving dangerously slow mainly) are too old to have taken a driving test.

they gave me 1
linz

8th Aug 07 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a white van do that to me the other day, going down a small road he came right over on to my side i was nearly in the ditch

then i seen an addident on the motoprway, car just drove off to the left straight down the ditch
jim_r1

8th Aug 07 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Goin onto the A500, there is two lanes on the slip road, so i thought it was a good idea to take the inside lane so i could take over some arse in a audi trying to get on at 40mph, only for him to get offended and put his foot down in the first lane makeing me have to drive on the kurb for a brief stint. Shet myself, gave him the finger then he f'ked off at high speed. Y didnt he just get off the slip road at 70mph?? and y did he try and make me crash when i was doing the right thing!?!?!
chr15barn3s

8th Aug 07 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too many people have won their license in a raffle!
Kurt

8th Aug 07 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jim_r1
Goin onto the A500, there is two lanes on the slip road, so i thought it was a good idea to take the inside lane so i could take over some arse in a audi trying to get on at 40mph, only for him to get offended and put his foot down in the first lane makeing me have to drive on the kurb for a brief stint. Shet myself, gave him the finger then he f'ked off at high speed. Y didnt he just get off the slip road at 70mph?? and y did he try and make me crash when i was doing the right thing!?!?!

was it a black audi? i had this one the other nite swear at me as they overtook
R Lee

8th Aug 07 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a black Audi

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » are they giving out driving licenses to morons thses days? 23 database queries in 0.0100930 seconds