corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » A MASSIVE Thank You to Matt L and Planty02

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author A MASSIVE Thank You to Matt L and Planty02
Planty02

User status: Offline
12th Jun 07 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

time will tell
Whittie

12th Jun 07 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully
Whittie

12th Jun 07 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See how it goes in the meet in Bolton first
Rob E

12th Jun 07 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is bolton the next stop? thats soo guna remind me of collage, we used to goto bolton every thurs when we were in collage to the bolton cruise, quite good some of them tbh
All Torque

12th Jun 07 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From my house to Bolton is 169 miles. taking just shy of 3 hours.

Am I mad enough?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
13th Jun 07 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesn't actually need another person per se although I would welcome additional help where it is offered or indeed necessary, which currently I don't think it is. I'm sure Lisa will advise on her feelings.

The reason there have been no meets in the south of the reason is that in the past there was no interest in having one. The NWNW meets are very well organised and they would visit the south on request. This rotational method ensures everyone in the region gets a meet every few weeks that is nearby to them. The region extends as far north as Cumbria and Stoke meets would not be available to those people if they were organised exclusively by people close-by.

Same it true of North Wales - not technically Wales but close enough - we had a meet in Chester which wasn't attended by anyone from down there. We had Blackburn, Bury, Rochdale and Liverpool people who travelled to have a meet there and no one showed.

The turn-out the other day was fantastic which indicates to me that there is now demand and my suggestion is that we should visit Stoke on a first Sunday in the near future.

I'm not about to split the reason or indeed appoint anyone else when we've not actually tried working within the proper framework.

The protection is legal protection should anything go wrong, namely in the case of meets - trespass and accusations of damage to property although in my experience in addition to the this land-owners and police also prefer to have an official point of contact on issues such as accusations of motoring offences, neighbourhood complaints etc. who isn't someone anonymous with no legal status with regard to the organisation.

See you south folk in Bolton and we'll be down your way at some point soon

Again, congrats on the good work but lets be official where there is opportunity to do so.

[Edited on 13-06-2007 by Ian]
Matt L

13th Jun 07 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes yes you are pete .

i do kinda agree with whats bin said about nwnw being split a bit because it is huge but then again its bin like that since the dawn of time (i assume seen as iv only bin a member for just over a year) so i doubt it will change.

as for the backup on meets if they are official ones i didnt realise that was the case, so next time we will warn you and see what you say first before going ahead, but after the turn out we had i would like to think we were able to do it with out too much fuss/problems.

i will soon be able to make it to other official nwnw meets once i start my new job as i wont be working weekends.

the main reason i felt we needed a meet was down to how many local members there were which i didnt know of and just wanted to meet them etc not sure if thats how other people felt but thats my opinion.

i totally agree with the 'go to another meet before asking for one local' as it is unfair on the people who go and want a meet near them and instead it goes somewhere else who didnt turn up.

i think im beginning to ramble now so thats all.
matt

[Edited on 13-06-2007 by Matt L]
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jun 07 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fact it has been like that for ages has no bearing on the decision - I intend to leave it because I don't believe that it needs splitting.
All Torque

13th Jun 07 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for your input Ian.

Theres a SC meet in Milton Keynes on the 24th and as far as I know the only organisor whos coming is Robin (maybe) and hes not the regional organisor. Are we still ok to go ahead with this?
Stokie Dave

13th Jun 07 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, can we have non official meets and advertise them on here? Or is that not allowed either.

I just became a premium member but it'd be nice to listen to members input.. especially when they're paying money to be part of a club
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Jun 07 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pete - similar situation to the Stoke one - probably better that they are informed but I've no reason at all not to say go ahead with it.

I also don't want any 'we did better than the organisers' comments.

The organisers are only as good as the people who go, which can account for the trepidation to organise anything in case it fails. Plus they have a responsibility to national stuff which if we're talking SC, ed and Phil both contributed hugely to.

Best of luck with MK anyway, looks like its going to be big. Just bear in mind that we should be all doing the same thing, whatever format that takes.

Dave - its not a question of what is allowed and what is not allowed. I'm just uncomfortable with things going on unofficially for various reasons most of which are in my posts above.

I'll never suggest that we moderate out any unofficial activity as its all good if people are keen. However we do need to keep a handle on it, so you might see the odd bit of policy here and there.

Regarding Prem input - yes - all good - but not when I've got to do otherwise. I'm very happy indeed to listen to absolutely every bit of input, but there are some things that we need to make decisions on.
Gaz

15th Jun 07 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plain and simple, attend the monthly one that is set up for each region, then if you want to branch off with mates and other newer mates that also are corsa owners, then do so.

I feel sometimes people set up meets to try and make "a name" for them selfs, but in acctual fact they are just creating a problem
All Torque

15th Jun 07 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll see you in Bolton Ian

Thank you for giving us your input.
Lisa

18th Jun 07 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa
quote:
Originally posted by Kathryn W
quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
i cant make it to actual meets as they are during the day but once i start my new job my weekends are free so ill be turning up to a few.

I dont finish work till 4:30 but i still manage to turn up

they start at 4ish but go on till last orders, as Kat says we book the meets at the previous meets months, we have been up to Lancaster, Yorkshire and all over, we did arrange a meet in Stoke but there was no interest, if you like i will plan the one after the one at Bolton down that area but we do expext a turn out.....lol

this offer was made on the 6th June in your Stoke meet postwhich is a few days before this post was started, all that i got in response was "let start a staffs region........"

I don't particulaly care where the meets are myself as i have attended meetings all over the country and its just a day out for me, all i want for the region is to be successful.

As for meets on car parks when originally set up this region we tried to avoid this so as we didn't get a reputation with police and other clubs as being boy/ girl racers as we wanted to join VBOA which means we need to have a more professional image. This to date has been a sucess.

In its peak last summer we had over 40 people regularly attending meetings and had the biggest turn out at PVS show with over 80 members turning out. This will not happen if we split the region. This year NWNW also had a big presence at PVS.

Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jun 07 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Lisa.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Jun 07 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
we had a meet in Chester which wasn't attended by anyone from down there.
[Edited on 13-06-2007 by Ian]

i was there
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jun 07 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New people I meant. You were already on board by then?
Whittie

18th Jun 07 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long ago was the Chester meet though? Don't think I was registered then
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Jun 07 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at least a year
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jun 07 at 23:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

December 2005 and April 2006

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=283923

[Edited on 19-06-2007 by Ian]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » A MASSIVE Thank You to Matt L and Planty02 23 database queries in 0.0889909 seconds