corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Does make a difference stripping the rear out.

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Does make a difference stripping the rear out.
Cupra Steve
Banned

User status: Offline
10th May 07 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No you read what you've written jr, you've put "have fucking spider sense to sense its 3/10th quicker FFS" which implies you won't notice it which is the point i am trying to make.
Robin
Premium Member

10th May 07 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's a 20 kilo shit, yes.

[Edited on 10-05-2007 by Robin]
abdus

I removed my NS front indicator on the Audi this morning, and it felt so much quicker
Cupra Steve
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by abdus
I removed my NS front indicator on the Audi this morning, and it felt so much quicker

Did it handle better too?
jr

10th May 07 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
No you read what you've written jr, you've put "have fucking spider sense to sense its 3/10th quicker FFS" which implies you won't notice it which is the point i am trying to make.

then read the next bit

"weather you notice its quicker is a whole diffrent matter"

some people will, some wont, depends how you drive the car, if its on the limit, what car it is

SAL
Premium Member

10th May 07 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to have 1. 12 inch type s sub, mrp 450 amp, stealth shelth, type s 6 b 9's and the rear seats

now its all out it is without a doubt quicker of the mark, doesnt handle as well as i feel the back end is so light with nothing in there. can be scary...

the ice aint ever goin back in now...if anything CAGE
Cupra Steve
Banned

10th May 07 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok then, all i'm saying is imo it isn't, if people still want to argue please try, quite frankly i'm bored.
jr

10th May 07 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stavs if you find the back end light, should have seen mine and robins cars

no nothing in there
Robin
Premium Member

10th May 07 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can you have an opinion if you've not done it with a Corsa though Steve?
Robin
Premium Member

10th May 07 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I prefered my back end lighter, seemed more controllable.
SAL
Premium Member

10th May 07 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is nothing in the back of mine appart from the plastics which weigh feck all really...still sitting on its arse for some reason
Cupra Steve
Banned

10th May 07 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
i used to have 1. 12 inch type s sub, mrp 450 amp, stealth shelth, type s 6 b 9's and the rear seats

now its all out it is without a doubt quicker of the mark, doesnt handle as well as i feel the back end is so light with nothing in there. can be scary...

Why? It's not a race car, how often do you pull away like your at santa pod? I'd prefer to have good sounding music and be comfortable then it being a bit quicker and scary handling! Just imo though
Robin
Premium Member

10th May 07 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your springs won't help Stavs, with them being that short, it'll have wierd feelings to it.
Cupra Steve
Banned

10th May 07 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
there is nothing in the back of mine appart from the plastics which weigh feck all really...still sitting on its arse for some reason

maybe due to the fact it's lowered 80mm or something!
SAL
Premium Member

10th May 07 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Why? It's not a race car, how often do you pull away like your at santa pod? I'd prefer to have good sounding music and be comfortable then it being a bit quicker and scary handling! Just imo though

why ? i no its not a race car, far from it...but it was like lugging 2 people around all the time all that stuff weighed at least 1 fat barsted imo...i still have type s components and type s 6 b 9's which sound better than thud thud thud IMO

SAL
Premium Member

10th May 07 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Your springs won't help Stavs, with them being that short, it'll have wierd feelings to it.

erm tbh it has no feelings
SAL
Premium Member

10th May 07 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

piccy

Cupra Steve
Banned

10th May 07 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bass doesn't have to be thud thud thud!

Lamboghini put subs in the diablo ffs! Is that chavvy! It's all about the clarity of the sound imo.
SAL
Premium Member

10th May 07 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Lamboghini put subs in the diablo ffs! Is that chavvy! It's all about the clarity of the sound imo.

yes i have type s, and the top line alpine h/u = very nice for classic fm, if i was a drum n bass head i would miss the subs, but now there gone i dont want them back, and its one less reason to get broken into
Robin
Premium Member

10th May 07 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lamborghinis are chav, yes.
Nick-S

10th May 07 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

so y do u need 3 subs then when 1 will do just fine?
abdus

10th May 07 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Bose Bass unit in the boot of the Audi and you can't even see it
Dan_1.6_8v

10th May 07 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This subject is one of those love/hate ones. Like with many things from weight loss to tuning and styling many people start it off, but dont look at the bigger picture and go full circle with their intentions to maximise the whole package around one individual major change

That isnt in any way a disrespectful comment, but its just the way things are as some people just require an empty road car to be happy, where as someone else would deem it a pod car and another with a cage only would class it as a track car. getting a fine balance never happens.

Weightloss from a car makes a massive difference, my qtr miles times proved this a few years back and to an extent still do considering my power output is quite low. But following loss should come distribution and can go all the way until it gets anal with spring poundages and coilovers etc etc etc. but by that stage you really have to know how you like a car and have a certain amount of savvy regards setting it up to suit your own needs.

Unsure if any of that makes any sense as i just typed it without thinking, but i know what i meant
Cupra Steve
Banned

10th May 07 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v
quote:

so y do u need 3 subs then when 1 will do just fine?

They are in a cutom box, 2 are passive, 1 is powered, and the RRP would of been around £450, i got it for £150, long story, i will explain if you want me to! Basically i am very good friends with an ICE shop!
Nick-S

10th May 07 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds ova the top to me but hay ho

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Does make a difference stripping the rear out. 22 database queries in 0.1803212 seconds