corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Watchdog, BBC 1 corsa's bursting into flames

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Watchdog, BBC 1 corsa's bursting into flames
Rob E

User status: Offline
25th Apr 07 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2005 models onwards are fine, what happened was the earthing point under the front bumper was just a wire with an o-ring connector and when water got to them it corroded the wires, as the corrosion worked its way up the loom it causes the abs ecu to set fire. the strictness of the recall in unreal. you have to clean up all the earth connectors, solder the ends (if the solder wont take to the copper you get £200 worth of new wiring loom) after you have soldered it then you have to put heat shrink wrap over it, bolt the earth back onto the earthing point on the chassis and plaster it in waxoil.
Corsa_1800_SRi

User status: Offline
25th Apr 07 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
WTF are they complaining about?

There was a recall, my mum's was done, as was my sister's, anyone who didn't take it back to the garage is a chump.

Agreed, recall was ages ago i did mine back then

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Watchdog, BBC 1 corsa's bursting into flames 22 database queries in 0.0078220 seconds