corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Head gasket failure?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Head gasket failure?
mattk

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 07 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when in traffic mine used to go up to 100, fan would kick in then it would drop to about 95 ish and the fan would go off

you only have problems if its in the red all the time when your driving, Ideling its normal for it to rise
conor62

3rd Apr 07 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks for the help mate...
Fro

3rd Apr 07 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You guys were right i wiped it off then went to ipswich to meet jules, checked it there and there was none coming back got back earlier and yet again no mayo. Im a happy lad
conor62

4th Apr 07 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well mine didnt seem to overheat last night so hopefully its sorted... glad ures is sweet fro-dizzle
cor5a_tommy

4th Apr 07 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i found a good way to find out is just by removing the coolant bottle cap. If you remove it when the car has cooled down and you get gas escape (like when u opne a drink bottle) then the bottle is getting presurised which can usually indicate a gasket problem...also, mechanics use a blue fluid in a tube connected to the coolant bottle and then suck air out of the system, if the liquid goes green theres exhaust gas in the water. Very simple methods and as good as they get without stripping the engine.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll