corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New VXR Detail - pic heavy

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New VXR Detail - pic heavy
Nismo

User status: Offline
20th Mar 07 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly,whats he gonna do this process every week, its GOING to get dirty and get scratshes and stone chips.

I just feel that anyone that goes to that lenght on that car reallly needs to think about what there doing. Yes maybe if he got it 2nd hand and the paint was in a bad way then its worth it , but less than a week , id ratehr have the money spent on a 40" TV for my house, that me and my matescan watch footy on (as id still have mates that way)
_Allan_

20th Mar 07 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damio I think you should kindly rethink, you've spanked more money on corsas turning them into something they aint more than most on CS.
a_j_mair

20th Mar 07 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

works looks superb, wish i had the patience to get mine looking as good as that

EDIT: I cant spell

[Edited on 20-03-2007 by a_j_mair]
A1EX

20th Mar 07 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the process is has been put through will help the cars bodywork for a long time to come, yes it will get dirty but it will clean up better each time, than most other brand new cars, hence why its been done at the start of its life
Tom

20th Mar 07 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still think it's a big old waste of time, ignorant or not i'd rather be driving it than make it looks perfect and then worry about driving it incase it gets dirty

Ok it may be easier to clean next time but 'easier' than what the 20 odd hours you spent doing it the first time
Hammer

20th Mar 07 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see anyone being ignorant though, everyone is saying it does look superb but wouldn't go to as much time and money expense themselves personally. I fail to see where the guy is being overly criticised for what he has done?
Steve
Premium Member

20th Mar 07 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
Why do people critisize this guy when you dont even understand the long term benefits of having this kind of work done?

Whether you like it or not - thats just ignorant behaviour.

My cooper is 2 years old and im definately looking at having this work doen to a lesser extent on my car- i wish I had of had it done from new. My friend spent £800 on his audi and the finish was unbelievable- not only that but it makes the finish so easy to maintain - when you are spending 20k plus on a car it makes sense to spend another grand on improving and protecting the finish of the paintwork..... you will get the money back at resale on a desirable car like that.

What I cant understand is how he can have all that done before driving the car.... I have only had one new car in my life and I had run it in within 2 days of owning it - was out in uit every hour of the day and night.

you dont need to go to that extent to protect the finish.

as long as you keep a regular coat of good quality wax on the car, and claybar it quite often you wont be any worse off tbh
Robbo

20th Mar 07 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I thought was ridiculous as well as he had barely even driven it... took it straiught from the delaer to have those seats and the detailing done... enjoy it, its a car... u bought a fast car but the 2nd u go fast itll get chipped and dirty and there isnt fuck all u can do to stop that... unless he plans on driving 20 miles a year only in porefect wetaher at 5am in which case he bought entirely the wrong car
Steve
Premium Member

20th Mar 07 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what will happen when he gets a stone chip?

do you think he will stop dead in the road, get out measure its depth and make a graph
M2RTY

20th Mar 07 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
What I thought was ridiculous as well as he had barely even driven it... took it straiught from the delaer to have those seats and the detailing done... enjoy it, its a car... u bought a fast car but the 2nd u go fast itll get chipped and dirty and there isnt fuck all u can do to stop that... unless he plans on driving 20 miles a year only in porefect wetaher at 5am in which case he bought entirely the wrong car

he is enjoying it or else he would not be doing it........again an example of where people dont understand
Rachel H

20th Mar 07 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the people who are comenting about it being a waste of time aren't really full on car enthusiasts.
Marc

20th Mar 07 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will you be doing yours in the same way Olivio?
Rachel H

20th Mar 07 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Will you be doing yours in the same way Olivio?

I would go as far as a wash, clay bar, polish, wax/sealant.
Gregor

20th Mar 07 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

God help him if a panel for some reason needs resprayed.

The colour match will have to be with in 0.00001 millagigiscules and the panel gaps 0.000000000001 miniscutile mm

It looks amazing it really does . If I had a concours cosworth or the like I would possibly consider it , but on something just out of the showroom I just dont see the point
Ben G

20th Mar 07 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can understand when people do it on older cars with faded paint but the paint was perfectly fine for the untrained eye when it came out the showroom?

the link for the one on vagweb was good as there was a porsche which NEEDED detailing. the astra didn't, he was just being anal about making his car the shiniest in the world.

the detailer did an amazing job though
Rick Draper

20th Mar 07 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a touch excessive though dont you all agree? Its still worth less now than when it rolled off the car transporter.

My nova turbo will be washed and polished the day before pv and that will do it till the next show.

My corsa sport will probably get washed twice this year if its lucky. I was going to polish it the other week and got halfway through the front wing and gave up lol. Hell there are still bits on the wing where i never cleaned the wax off properly.
jonnysri

21st Mar 07 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i could never be bothered to wash my car that much, hats off tho cos it looks ace
SVM 286

21st Mar 07 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought that made for interesting reading.

It's nice to see someone taking such care over getting something right.

It may seem obsessive to some, but it's a surefire way of getting the car superior looking, compared with the next one.

It will also be far easier to maintain a good finish in the future after such preemptive action has been taken, rather than to try and overcome months/years of weather and abuse.

New cars are invariably inflicted with paint faults, orange peel being only one of them, and can look inferior to a year old car that gets washed and polished weekly.

As such, many new cars are ideal candidates for this kind of treatment.

I hope JR finds this thread. He will be in 7th heaven.
Martin_C

22nd Mar 07 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I still think it's a big old waste of time, ignorant or not i'd rather be driving it than make it looks perfect and then worry about driving it incase it gets dirty

Ok it may be easier to clean next time but 'easier' than what the 20 odd hours you spent doing it the first time

you dont worry about getting it dirty, it makes the car so much easier to clean, and if cleaned properly, maintains that finish for a good while.
Martin_C

22nd Mar 07 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
what will happen when he gets a stone chip?

do you think he will stop dead in the road, get out measure its depth and make a graph

he'll fill it in, colour sand it, re polish it, no more stone chip
Wrighty

22nd Mar 07 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant

and i thought i was bad cleaning mine a few times a week
dazbircher

22nd Mar 07 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

little bit sad to be honest...it rains 90% of the time so your fucked basically
Kathryn W

22nd Mar 07 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clean!
GT4Brody

22nd Mar 07 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HOW ANAL is that guy! what a waste of time, i am all for detailing and keeping a car looking good, but its brand new ffs, why would you want to start machine polishing a brand spanking new car?
Also why clay it? the dirt on the claybar looked more like it had come off his hand thtn the car!
Whay also would you want to start "maxing" a brand new car, (that is great in standard form) by re trimming it in blue leather!!!! obviously too much time and money on his hands.... gheyer imo..
Rob_Quads

23rd Mar 07 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol

All those say Oh but it wil get dirty - yes but the difference is in a months time he could go and wash and it will take less time than a normal car would and it will come out looking better.

The whole point of the wax is that stuff does not stick to the bodywork and it will come off much easier so after cleaning is soooo much easier.

I wonder how many people have wasted £300 on supaguard. In comparison to paying for a detail - well there is no comparison. One is a £10 cleaning kit the other will make a lasting difference

[Edited on 23-03-2007 by Rob_Quads]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New VXR Detail - pic heavy 22 database queries in 0.1083820 seconds