corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New VXR Detail - pic heavy

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New VXR Detail - pic heavy
Hammer

User status: Offline
19th Mar 07 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good read

Personally find that level of detailing on any car including a supercar is too much, a car's there to be driven otherwise it's a big chunk of shaped metal. Buy an oil painting if you want something nice to look at.
corsa-sxi

19th Mar 07 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Painz's is cleaner
Matt H

19th Mar 07 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice but I don't see the point
whitter45

19th Mar 07 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see why people comment about it being an astra but its still a 20k car from the dealers

I am sure if someone did this to a second hand M3 etc they would be congratulated

The fact its an astra does not matter its a 20k car

Although it does defeat the object when its brand new
Rachel H

19th Mar 07 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I totally see the point, its a hobby if I had the time and patience to clean the Astra to that extent every weekend I god damm would, it looks superb and that car will be piss easy to clean from now on.

Not sure on the seats though, the inners look a bit cheap, would have looked better in Alcantara which I believe has already been done.

Wheels look good though, think mine would look good diamond cut.
Jambo

19th Mar 07 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£20k is alot of car, most people wont get to own a supercar in their lifetime. He clearly is trained professionally in that field and obviously enjoys it so why the fuck not?! Its the cleanest VXR ive ever seen.

I personally would never go to lengths like that but thats just me, i can appreciate the detail and technology and the pure eye for it. Very clever stuff.

And DaveA he probably thinks "ITS A CORSA FFS"
VegasPhil
Premium Member

19th Mar 07 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Impressive work that! Interesting about the depths of paint etc. And the finished look is .

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Fad

19th Mar 07 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excellent post.

Recently had the GSi detailed by a pro and my god the difference he made was amazing.

After talking to the guy been spending some time on some detailing forums and its pretty amazing what people can do with tired old paint.

Its pretty interesting how to remove swirls and scratches and to make paint mirror like which has made me go out and spend out on some pretty awsome cleaning gear

Think people need to remove their heads from their backsides as they will quickly criticise someone caring for their 20k plus car when they gladly spend more than ther car is worth in filler!!!
dannymccann

19th Mar 07 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very good job on it, but if he parks it pretty much anywhere u will always get an old biddy in her rover smash a door into it in the wind.......
Steve X16XE

19th Mar 07 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
very good job on it, but if he parks it pretty much anywhere u will always get an old biddy in her rover smash a door into it in the wind.......

Nope. My astra has NO battle scars what so ever. I worked at Halfords for 3years. You just have to know how and where to park.

And Fansastic job mate. Looks
davey_jack

19th Mar 07 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its ok to have this sort of thing done once every 6 months or whatever, but I would have thought a brand new car wouldn't need this.. I wonder if he will ever drive it
Hammer

19th Mar 07 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A car is meant to be driven, that vxr has been done to a level that if you even used half the level of perfomance it is capable of you'd ruin the weeks worth of wax and polish within the space of 100 yards.
Fad

19th Mar 07 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
A car is meant to be driven, that vxr has been done to a level that if you even used half the level of perfomance it is capable of you'd ruin the weeks worth of wax and polish within the space of 100 yards.

You'll fnd that more than half the track cars you see have been treated in this way then permaguarded and if you actually stop making sweeping assumptions will realise that the effort of putting all these waxes on has the sole purpose of a high endurring and lasting protection which will help with cleaning in the future. So no work will be undone when driving the car....just a top up of a glazing product will surfice to maintain the finish.
mav

19th Mar 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats an excellent read..Doesn't matter what car it is to have that done and the attention to detail is immense..I would love somebidy to spend that sort of time and care on my car...
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

19th Mar 07 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hammer

19th Mar 07 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

You'll fnd that more than half the track cars you see have been treated in this way then permaguarded and if you actually stop making sweeping assumptions will realise that the effort of putting all these waxes on has the sole purpose of a high endurring and lasting protection which will help with cleaning in the future. So no work will be undone when driving the car....just a top up of a glazing product will surfice to maintain the finish.

Sweeping assumptions? you're telling me if i drove up a country road covered in salt it wouldn't undo all that work within the space of seconds? It's personal preference yes and i'd love a shiny car but for me that level of detailing is beyond what a road car should have.
richysport

19th Mar 07 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
Looks nice but I don't see the point
John

19th Mar 07 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure everybody on here would love their car to be that clean, I would anyway.

The time/effort/money expended is not proportional to the car though.
_Allan_

19th Mar 07 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I'm sure everybody on here would love their car to be that clean, I would anyway.

The time/effort/money expended is not proportional to the car though.

Thank you John, summed up for me anyway. I am not ignorant. It's an amazing example of Pauls work but with comes that price and level of detail.

Yes I would love my car/bike done by him, who wouldn't including all the peeps who have expressed a different view to the people who have said yes it's a hobby, worth it etc...

Still does not derive from the fact that the level of detail compares to no other detailed car done by anyone on here. Cleaning, polishing, claybar, waxing etc.. is fair enough but I have yet to see a post on CS were someone has got their micrometer out and is measuring paint density.
Jenko_Sport

19th Mar 07 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes its just an Astra but it is quite impressive
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

19th Mar 07 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i had the products they have i would quite happily do that to my car once a month.
Joe

19th Mar 07 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to get my S3 done to that standard, but I could'nt justify paying someone £100+ for the privelidge.
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

19th Mar 07 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that would cost far more than £100 would be worth it though.
Joe

19th Mar 07 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah probably would but still alot of money, but yeah it'd be worth it.
jay kay

19th Mar 07 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

each to his own if it makes him happy to do that then

personally if i had the chance to do that to my car i would

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New VXR Detail - pic heavy 23 database queries in 0.2015250 seconds