corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » mascherano?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mascherano?
jonnysri

User status: Offline
26th Feb 07 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im confused? FA rules state that a player can only play for 2 clubs in one season (dont quote me) so how is he allowed to play for liverpool as well as west ham and corinithians in one season??
p

26th Feb 07 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the FA for you
Robbo

26th Feb 07 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because of the stradlling of south american and european seasons

he effectively played for corinthians in the previous season so they made a special dispensation.

pointless rule in the 1st place imo
jonnysri

26th Feb 07 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, i remember reading it in the paper a while back. its a stupid rule, its unlickely that a players gona get transfered more than once in a season so why put a restriction on it?
Hammer

26th Feb 07 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not the FA's rules it's the world governing body FIFA's. They state no player can play for more than 2 clubs between July 1st and June 30th the following year.

It was judged for Mascherano to be an exceptional case partly because of the overlapping seasons and the little number of games he had played for West Ham. All the FA did was drag their heels a wee bit in order to make sure everything was in order with such a complicated transfer.
Cosmo

27th Feb 07 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and to make sure he missed the Newcastle game where we had no Alonso or Sissoko and only a half fit Zenden
RyanSxi

27th Feb 07 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
and to make sure he missed the Newcastle game where we had no Alonso or Sissoko and only a half fit Zenden

its all about strength in depth cosmo
Tom

27th Feb 07 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not as if he's gonna cheat for anyone is it stupid rule.

He looked ok for us on saturday for his first game and considering his lack of match fitness.

Only few concerns are that he still hasn't managed to learnany english, watching him the other day his style in central mid is very much 'pivotting' on the ball which hopefully should suit us as an option when we want to get it on the deck, I hope he will settle in ok as he looked immense in the world cup.
Hammer

27th Feb 07 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know if its meant to stop cheating I think it was to stop the cattle market that is football at times. Although i believe it clashes with free movement within the EU laws, don't know if anyone else can back that up?

The 'pivotting' style of play is the reason i love watching him, he's the bottom of the diamond all the time, if someone has the ball on the left he'll drop back and try and involve someone on the right, which led to that superb goal in the World Cup.
Marc

27th Feb 07 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
its all about strength in depth cosmo

Cosmo

27th Feb 07 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it is Ryan...if you lost your middle two who would start there for you!?

I thought he was excellent seems it was his first game, and grew in confidence as the game went on. very similar to Alonso in his style of play though IMO.

Hammer - yeah i think free movement of trade with the EU is what we were going to argue if they wouldn't let him join - Rafa did mention it in an interview.

And the rule is there to stop the continual movement of players to earn sign on fees and agent fees.
jr

27th Feb 07 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he will be very good for liverpool if he stays there, his first game for us he looked brillaint in the uefa cup
Marc

27th Feb 07 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
yes it is Ryan...if you lost your middle two who would start there for you!?

Darren Fletcher and Ji-Sung Park

Cosmo

27th Feb 07 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strength in depth there Marc
Marc

27th Feb 07 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We do need a central midfielder, but Giggs could move in if Ronaldo and Park played the wings. Hopefully the issue will be resolved come summer. I think if Richardson and Fletcher got more games it would be better too, they're just too inconsistant.
RyanSxi

27th Feb 07 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your forgetting the mighty O'Shea!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » mascherano? 24 database queries in 0.0103269 seconds