corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » God sake what is wrong with this country???

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author God sake what is wrong with this country???
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Feb 07 at 08:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With the threat of being charged on the roads for every mile we do, it was announced this morning that banks want to charge up to £200 per annum for having an account with them!

Bear in mind this was on the morning wher profits of up to 7bn were recorded for high street banks.

What is wrong with the country??
Andrew

20th Feb 07 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard this too. It's getting out of hand
Jamie

20th Feb 07 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant wait to move
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th Feb 07 at 08:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just this country? most banks operate over the world.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Feb 07 at 08:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i beliieve they run this type of scheme in north america too
Steve
Premium Member

20th Feb 07 at 08:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

regardless of where else it operates, it doesnt make it right that these days we have to have an account, its not a luxury its a necessity and the banks are being greedy imo, the fact they made 7bn profit shows theys they dont need to charge for everyones account
willay
Premium Member

20th Feb 07 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

other suggestions:

go to a bank who doesnt charge

keep your money under the matress/in a jar
Andrew

20th Feb 07 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be something to do with all these badgers claiming back bank charges People should learn the value of money and if not pay the price!
topshot_2k
Banned

20th Feb 07 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If my bank charges me 1p i shall threaten to close the account. robbing bastards, they already m ake billions from interest on our money!!
willay
Premium Member

20th Feb 07 at 08:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they offer an facility to store money securely, and also offer you a service where you can carry a bit of plastic that allows you to use your cash.

anyway, I'll make my decision when they officially tell me about the charges.
abdus

20th Feb 07 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
they offer an facility to store money securely, and also offer you a service where you can carry a bit of plastic that allows you to use your cash.

agree on that.

BUT they do use our money too..and they do charge for using credit cards
willay
Premium Member

20th Feb 07 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you dont pay within 30 days or whatever it is then they charge? (I dont use credit cards so excuse me if i'm totally wrong!)

Steve
Premium Member

20th Feb 07 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
other suggestions:

quite happily, but if all banks follow suit then what happens then?

I will also quite happily keep my money at home, when people that i pay on a monthly basis allow anything other than a DD or cheque, both which require a bank account
willay
Premium Member

20th Feb 07 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
other suggestions:

I will also quite happily keep my money at home, when people that i pay on a monthly basis allow anything other than a DD or cheque, both which require a bank account

Then you need to bite the bullet and take it like man, pay the banks what they ask for.
Dean_W

20th Feb 07 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure over 12 months the bank will make more than £200 from the money I have in there.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Feb 07 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
other suggestions:

Then you need to bite the bullet and take it like man, pay the banks what they ask for.

so you agree that even though they make bn's of profit per year, they are ok to exploit the fact that people have to have a bank account to make yet more money, money they could easily not make and still make bn's of profit?
Steve
Premium Member

20th Feb 07 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its like tescos charging you an entrance fee to there stores as well as charging for goods like bread, milk etc
willay
Premium Member

20th Feb 07 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its like tescos charging you an entrance fee to there stores as well as charging for goods like bread, milk etc

I fail to see how its like that, but maybe I'm an idiot.

When you put your money into a bank account they are offering you a service, regardless of what they can do with your money in their systems they are offering you a service by holding it in a secure manner and also allowing you to take it out and use it in various methods.
Nath

20th Feb 07 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I fail to see how its like that, but maybe I'm an idiot.

When you put your money into a bank account they are offering you a service, regardless of what they can do with your money in their systems they are offering you a service by holding it in a secure manner and also allowing you to take it out and use it in various methods.

It's not really all that secure though. My sister and a couple of friends have had their accounts drained before by scamming cunts. I know that's only a small percentage of users, but still shouldn't happen. Especially if they start charging £200 per year for the privelage.

Have they said what this £200 is going to fund?
Dean_W

20th Feb 07 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes willay, but your money isn't just sat there. They make a profit from it by trading it. Thats the problem for me. If my money was sat in a safe deposit box, I could understand the charge.
willay
Premium Member

20th Feb 07 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
It's not really all that secure though. My sister and a couple of friends have had their accounts drained before by scamming cunts. I know that's only a small percentage of users, but still shouldn't happen.

Out of interest, how were they scammed? Did they loose all their money or did the bank help?
willay
Premium Member

20th Feb 07 at 09:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_W
Yes willay, but your money isn't just sat there. They make a profit from it by trading it. Thats the problem for me. If my money was sat in a safe deposit box, I could understand the charge.

I'm well aware of that, but what are you going to do?
Nath

20th Feb 07 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
It's not really all that secure though. My sister and a couple of friends have had their accounts drained before by scamming cunts. I know that's only a small percentage of users, but still shouldn't happen.

Out of interest, how were they scammed? Did they loose all their money or did the bank help?

Card fraud at Cash Machines. To be fair they did get their money back, but it took 2 weeks.
Dean_W

20th Feb 07 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dean_W

I'm well aware of that, but what are you going to do?

Canna do nothing.
willay
Premium Member

20th Feb 07 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Card fraud at Cash Machines. To be fair they did get their money back, but it took 2 weeks.

Well, not really the banks fault? They spend so much money ensuring that these scamming cunts cant continue to do it. Plus this could be down to the stupidity of the user(s), you should check ATM's for dodgy looking equipment/characters before going about your business.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » God sake what is wrong with this country??? 22 database queries in 0.0935929 seconds