corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bank Charges...

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bank Charges...
Carl

User status: Offline
17th Feb 07 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
Its not as simple as "dont open account" this is the real world where its pretty much impossible to not have a bank account.

Errr ok then dont go overdrawn!

its a sado masacistic act didn't you know, everyone does it on purpose because they get a thrill paying loads of money to the bank. Get real ffs
Thoday

17th Feb 07 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of you lot crack me up

99,999 out of 100,000 it is down to a customers pure lazyiness. If you have something coming out you cover it..

it is not hard to ring up the DD originators and move them all to say the 1st of the month if your salary comes in around the end of the month.

there is online banking and telephone banking that is free of charge

The only thing i disagree with is a £30 charge for a £6/7 item... but it doesnt take away the fact you are using the banks money. If you speak with the bank within a day or so of the event happening they will give you your money back on charges.

But, people dont bother to check and thus incurr further "referral charges" but why didnt they check.... lazyiness or just not being organised.

If it is a genuine error like a DD taken twice, again the bank can see the error and if you politely let them know they will refund it.

But noooo everyone jumps on the bandwagon months later and demands money back, most of them have been over their overdraft facilities for days or many many times. This is not the banks fault a customer was incompetent on 8-9 occasions!

You can only claim it was not your fault 1-2 times, the rest of the time it is your responsibility. From all of your comments you are owed well into 3 figures.. this means it was your own silly fault

[Edited on 17-02-2007 by Thoday]
Cosmo

17th Feb 07 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no one would be arguing if the charge was only the cost to cover the admin fees.

Its the fact they are 5,6,7x this amount which makes it a penalty charge...and not legal.
Thoday

17th Feb 07 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with you to an extent.

Unsure where the £4.50 comes from.

The banks make a lot of money but so many people these days go bankrupt or cannot repay their debts.

Overdrafts are meant to fluctuate from credit into debit.. they are repayable on demand..

If you control your accounts there is no problem, if you speak to the bank in advance of a cash flow issue they will help..

they will also help if it is a genuine error.. they will always refund one charge.. its when they build up and fair play for saying "no"
Cosmo

17th Feb 07 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Thoday
Unsure where the £4.50 comes from.

I think that figure was found when the first court case was heard trying to claim charges back.
Ally

17th Feb 07 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what, if every single bank charged £100 for bounced dd etc then tough people would have to pay it? You cant get anything here without a bank account, so everyone has a bank account. The banks know this, and imo take advantage of this fact.
Carl

18th Feb 07 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Thoday
Most of you lot crack me up

99,999 out of 100,000 it is down to a customers pure lazyiness. If you have something coming out you cover it..

it is not hard to ring up the DD originators and move them all to say the 1st of the month if your salary comes in around the end of the month.

there is online banking and telephone banking that is free of charge

The only thing i disagree with is a £30 charge for a £6/7 item... but it doesnt take away the fact you are using the banks money. If you speak with the bank within a day or so of the event happening they will give you your money back on charges.

But, people dont bother to check and thus incurr further "referral charges" but why didnt they check.... lazyiness or just not being organised.

If it is a genuine error like a DD taken twice, again the bank can see the error and if you politely let them know they will refund it.

But noooo everyone jumps on the bandwagon months later and demands money back, most of them have been over their overdraft facilities for days or many many times. This is not the banks fault a customer was incompetent on 8-9 occasions!

You can only claim it was not your fault 1-2 times, the rest of the time it is your responsibility. From all of your comments you are owed well into 3 figures.. this means it was your own silly fault

[Edited on 17-02-2007 by Thoday]

none of this justifies such a large cost regardless of how many times you go into it. fair enough if it was a tenner, i'd agree, more fool them for going into it 8-9 times, but when a single mistake/oversight leads to 50 pound+ in a matter of 2 days that is wrong and takes the piss. some people need to get off theire high horses and show a bit of empathy to individuals especially when its against multi-million pound organisations.
Cosmo

18th Feb 07 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

multi-billion
Conway563

18th Feb 07 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a huge problem with alliance + leicester (sp) when they told me I'd gone over my overdraft, which to be fair was my fault the 1st time. However they then told me they were going to waive the charge, then charged me it anyway (£25) and then charged me another £25 a month because the 325 charge had bounced.
When I rang tem they 1st said the woman I had spoke to had never worked there, then when I tried to speak to manager I was hung up on repeatedly

(apologies for the rant, just majorly pissed me off!)

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bank Charges... 22 database queries in 0.0123150 seconds