corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bank Charges...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bank Charges...
Carl

User status: Offline
14th Feb 07 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by d_jay50
Change your debits to the day AFTER pay-day then, that's what i've done

Handle your money smarter.

not always that black and white though is it, i went over as the dentist dd i have decided to take 2 payments (might have been 3) out at once, when i signed up the dentist didn't explain it right to me.
Tom

14th Feb 07 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Get to fuck preaching ffs, the law states that banks charge too much which is why people can claim it back.

I expect my bank to take the hassle away from me a little bit not charge me for every-fucking-thing.

That is all
Dione J

14th Feb 07 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Jamie Walby

14th Feb 07 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are ways that if you budgeted (sp) correctly you wouldnt come up short at the end of the month and wouldnt get caught out by direct debits/wages as some have said.

I sat down with my Mum about 1 1/2 years ago and worked out a scheme and I have stuck to it and now I always have money and I am always covered when it comes to Tax/Mot/insurance etc.....
Jambo

14th Feb 07 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are 2billion ways people can be caught short even if you are mr organisation with money.

The fact of the matter is, its daylight robbery. Fair enough to be charged, but when you are charged £40 for something which doesnt cost them more than £4.50 in admin is called profiteering is it not?

Its like saying parking fines are now £1000 and if you dont like it you shouldnt park there

Whilst i agree in the principal, why should HSBC (record profits of something astronomical like £20bn last year) take MY money because my money was not 100% correctly organised? Do they offer you help to organise your money? do they fuck!!

Robbing basterds. End of.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Feb 07 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes they can close your account but have to refund your money,

heres my letter i got back

that was pretty much the amount due. They took the same tone as you ally, but they cant really say "oh yes we are doing illegal things"
if they really didnt think they were doing something wrong they would never give you anything, banks dont do anything out of "goodwill"

Goodwill means, you right and they havent got a leg to stand on
Jambo

14th Feb 07 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve did you use a generic letter or write your own?
Steve
Premium Member

14th Feb 07 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did it over the phone

[Edited on 14-02-2007 by Steve]
mav

14th Feb 07 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an account that bills come out of, I miss calculated how much I should have in it..

So I went £6.45 overdrawn and they have just charged me £30!!! for the pleasure....

I did not ask them to pay it, they could have just refused to pay it and let the company contact me..But NO they paid £6.45 and charged me £30 for it..

Should I complain?

Just go into the branch and kick up a fuss as I am going that way tomorrow anyway?
Colin

14th Feb 07 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How does this work...............I dont think ive ever been charged by the bank in the 20yrs or so ive had an account with them - is it just if you dont meet payments, or default a card payment etc???

How can you find out if your due anything???
mav

14th Feb 07 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have say a DD coming out but you do not have enough money in the account they will pay it and charge you for doing so...

I just phoned the bank..Instead of the £30 charge have reduced it to a £10, thats good enough for me...

Also he stated if the bank never paid the DD and returned it to the company unpaid the charge is £39 I was like W.T.F
Colin

14th Feb 07 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right, Ive got one of those one accounts everything comes from & ive never not made a payment!! Guess im not due anything.
nickyboy01

14th Feb 07 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I claimed just over a grand back form Barclays, they offered £540 as a gesture of goodwill so i took it. I would have won the full amount if i had taken it to court but they drag it out over months and months so if you're not too bothered about the ful amount then take what they offer.
Fee

15th Feb 07 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just going through my statements at the moment....
does anyone know what a 'referral charge for April/May/June etc' is?
I seem to have them an awful lot!
Marc

15th Feb 07 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
did it over the phone

[Edited on 14-02-2007 by Steve]

You wrote a letter over the phone
M303CGO

15th Feb 07 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to reclaimedbankcharges.co.uk, they're on with my claim at the moment. They take a 20% fee out of the money recovered though.

[Edited on 15-02-2007 by M303CGO]
Ally

15th Feb 07 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know whether i should accept the £150, original claim on the letter is actually £292 so they've offered me half

I understand the whole manage your money better thing but im sorry fuck it, theres a loop whole in the system, banks charges a disgusting amount of money on charges so i have every right to do as much as i can to try and claim my money back

One was a DD for £6, one for £15 so DDs totalling £21, have actually cost me £91. Hardly fair is it
Ally

15th Feb 07 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also had a £50 'reserve' which i went into by a couple of quid every month, then i wrote my letter in saying i wasn't happy - and they then took the reserve away from me and wrote me a letter saying they had taken the reserve from me and there was nothing i could do about it

So all in all im really pissed off about the whole thing
M303CGO

15th Feb 07 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a shame we rely on them so much! They get away with doing what they like

Im with Royal bank of scotland, theyre forever putting charges on my account. They've changed my loan dd date without advising me more than once, getting me in the sh*t, then it just snowballs

Without an account though we couldnt have wages paid or pay half our bills!
Scott M

16th Feb 07 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

Get to fuck preaching ffs, the law states that banks charge too much which is why people can claim it back.

I expect my bank to take the hassle away from me a little bit not charge me for every-fucking-thing.

That is all

You and thousands of other people.

The fact the people set up payments by direct debit and such like without making sure they've got the money to cover those payments isn't the banks fault, its the customers.

You agree to pay on a set date, you pay on that date. A bit of flexibility is ok and banks have that to a point, but when you get thousands of people everyday screaming, "I want my money back, this isn't my fault" there has to come a point where the bank says, "actually, yes, it is."

I agree that the charges are over the top but how are people ever going to manage their money if every time they cock up the bank says "don't worry, we'll fix it"
Tom

16th Feb 07 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted byHSBC reprsentitive scott
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

That is all

You and thousands of other people.

The fact the people set up payments by direct debit and such like without making sure they've got the money to cover those payments isn't the banks fault, its the customers.

You agree to pay on a set date, you pay on that date. A bit of flexibility is ok and banks have that to a point, but when you get thousands of people everyday screaming, "I want my money back, this isn't my fault" there has to come a point where the bank says, "actually, yes, it is."

I agree that the charges are over the top but how are people ever going to manage their money if every time they cock up the bank says "don't worry, we'll fix it"

Fair enough but i'm moaning about my bank bieng the 'wolrds local bank', ok you might know that in china red is a sign of giving but if you can't employ anyone who is willing to listen to a customers problems or indeed 2 people who have the same training therefore deliver the message/set of rules then I don't expect to be charged £30 everytime I forget to have an extra 37p in my bank account.
Cosmo

16th Feb 07 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if banks only charged what it costs them (about £4.50) then customers wouldnt have a leg to stand on, but the fact they are charging £28+ which is basically a penalty charge means they are illegal charges and should be taken back.
Jay

16th Feb 07 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ally have you got a copy of the letter you sent please?

I went over drawn £6.40 one month and I put £7 in the bank to cover it, then next statement I was overdrawn £29.40, went into the bank and they said it was the charge for going over drawn with the £6.40, so put £30 in and said is that all ok now and she said yeh,next statement come and the same happened again in short it cost me around £90 for going overdrawn £6.40 I must be owed around £400-£500 in charges altogether since ive been with Natwest so want to claim some of it back not bothered about gettin the full...
K2 GTi

16th Feb 07 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got charged £200 2 days ago for 3 debits bouncing. Can't believe it, it really is unreal. I've got an appointment tomorrow to talk about it. I'm not paying that I can't afford it and its rediculous.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Feb 07 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just refuse to pay it?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bank Charges... 22 database queries in 0.1907780 seconds