corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Pre-ordered my ps3 :D

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pre-ordered my ps3 :D
Hammer

User status: Offline
6th Feb 07 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blu Ray is outselling hd dvd by far, I wonder, if the current trend continues will all the fan boys buy a ps3 if its the cheapest way of gaining access to movie releases on the format?

Th bundling of 'Talledega Nights' with the ps3 in the format was a nice piece of marketing imo.
topshot_2k
Banned

7th Feb 07 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blu ray is NOT outselling HD. Quite the opposite in fact.

John in USA PS3's sat on the shelves over xmas i was offered them numerous times. Meanwhile Wii and Xbox were sold out,
Steve
Premium Member

7th Feb 07 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Blu Ray is outselling hd dvd by far, I wonder, if the current trend continues will all the fan boys buy a ps3 if its the cheapest way of gaining access to movie releases on the format?

Th bundling of 'Talledega Nights' with the ps3 in the format was a nice piece of marketing imo.

WTF, now that is rubbish, i have spoken to a couple of guys who work at blank dvd media supply warehouses, one of them is off her so if he reads this can confirm, but they have shipped 100,000's of HDVD media as opposed to 1000's of blu ray media
topshot_2k
Banned

7th Feb 07 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve its a case of Sony Fanboys
topshot_2k
Banned

7th Feb 07 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Not as good as the 'not selling it with a HDMI cable'
Hammer

7th Feb 07 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:

WTF, now that is rubbish, i have spoken to a couple of guys who work at blank dvd media supply warehouses, one of them is off her so if he reads this can confirm, but they have shipped 100,000's of HDVD media as opposed to 1000's of blu ray media

Im just regurgitating facts i took from a press release

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=12660

topshot_2k
Banned

7th Feb 07 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt say where the figures came from. TBH i could write an article saying HD is winning. But the fact is people who work the industry are saying that HD is far out selling Blu ray. I know many people with HD players but dont know anyone with a blu ray player??

Plus PS3 is noisy for watching films
Steve
Premium Member

7th Feb 07 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also think there will be a surge in blu ray titles as the ps3 has just been released people will want to be buying blu ray as its new thing to test out.

Once it levels off i think hddvd will deffo beat it in the long run, and thats if that article is correct, from all i have heard thats not correct? maybe in japan or something
Rob_Quads

7th Feb 07 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
doesnt say where the figures came from. TBH i could write an article saying HD is winning. But the fact is people who work the industry are saying that HD is far out selling Blu ray. I know many people with HD players but dont know anyone with a blu ray player??

lol go back and read the article it tells you exactly who is making the claim.

As for the PS3 noisy - hmm noiser than the most popular HD-DVD player out there

Take a look at some nice and easy to understand graphs - http://www.eproductwars.com/dvd/

[Edited on 07-02-2007 by Rob_Quads]
topshot_2k
Banned

7th Feb 07 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what? its 2x as noisy as my soon to be HD player????
John

7th Feb 07 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not looked too far into it because i'm not interested until I get around to buying whatever, but from the comparisons i've seen the ps3 wasn't the nosiest by far.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Feb 07 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you think you might buy a 360 john?
topshot_2k
Banned

7th Feb 07 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt be the first time sony has over estimated its figures:

The report allows HD DVD still holds the majority of total HD movies sold with Blu-ray is galloping up on the inside but still has not quite made it. Which makes a total nonsense of the original headline. It is pure iambic nonsense.

A saner moment, away from figures which make no sense at all, comes from the Global Optical Storage Industry Report, published December 2006. It says that HD DVD will still be the mainstream in the market during 2007 to 2009. After that it gives the edge to Blu-ray.

The problem is there is very little dependable Blu-Ray manufacturing and testing equipment around. Think of HD DVD as being a logical extension of what had gone before. Blu-Ray as a leap into technological advancement. Is it the bridge too far? I dunno. But some of the daft reports based on very iffy sales figures do not help to come up with an informed decision

[Edited on 07-02-2007 by topshot_2k]
topshot_2k
Banned

7th Feb 07 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k

lol go back and read the article it tells you exactly who is making the claim.

As for the PS3 noisy - hmm noiser than the most popular HD-DVD player out there

Take a look at some nice and easy to understand graphs - http://www.eproductwars.com/dvd/

[Edited on 07-02-2007 by Rob_Quads]

i believe you are easily swayed by figures

[Edited on 07-02-2007 by topshot_2k]
topshot_2k
Banned

7th Feb 07 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I've not looked too far into it because i'm not interested until I get around to buying whatever, but from the comparisons i've seen the ps3 wasn't the nosiest by far.

well it sounded la lot ouder than my standalone, and lets face it why would you watch movies on a console when you have a standalone player?
RyanSxi

7th Feb 07 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can you believe anything sony says when they said the graphics would blow xbox out of the water, but they havn't
Rob_Quads

7th Feb 07 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because its actually a very good Blu-Ray player. Sony have been very clever about it, they have not just thrown any old components into it. There have been a number of views of it against the other available Blu-Ray players and it comes out top against all sub £1,000 players!

Those are just another example of figures. I would love to know what you can rely on - mates telling mates stuff?
Nath

7th Feb 07 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dreamcast is the way forward.
Rob_Quads

7th Feb 07 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As for me being a Sony Fan-boy. Let me see how much sony equipment do I have.....er.....a PS2 which I hardly play and was given to me for free lol and ....er... yup thats all.
topshot_2k
Banned

7th Feb 07 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Because its actually a very good Blu-Ray player. Sony have been very clever about it, they have not just thrown any old components into it. There have been a number of views of it against the other available Blu-Ray players and it comes out top against all sub £1,000 players!

Those are just another example of figures. I would love to know what you can rely on - mates telling mates stuff?

people in reatil commenting on sales being higher of HD films. But the PS3 hardware/cooling is still noisy like the xbox which is why people will buy stand alones and at least for this years the HD ones are a lot cheaper.

Rob_Quads

7th Feb 07 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The two I have seen must have been ultra quiet ones. I could not hear it at all watching a film even during silent scenes (around 3/4m from the console)
mk4_astra

7th Feb 07 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ps3 console from is actually meant to be very quiet, it reads discs at something like a 4x speed where as the 360 is something like x12 or x16.

i never hear mine though with my 5.1 surround setup
topshot_2k
Banned

7th Feb 07 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on the film also, my PS2 used to annoy me on quiter films
mk4_astra

7th Feb 07 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:

that was me steve, i dont work there anymore but its europes largest distribution centre for cds, dvds etc and it had contracts with sony, mgm, disney loads of big film studios and its customers were places like hmv, virgin, tesco, asda etc from across the uk.

they got blu ray a few weeks before and hardly any of it was being shifted, about 2000 units in a month. when we got some hd dvd titles i saw 1000's go out in a day quite often, places like hmv would order it by the pallet load. i cant comment on whats its like now though
Joe

7th Feb 07 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Sega Saturn is the way forward.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll