corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Meets and Events » * South West Meet * Sunday 10th Nov - Cribbs Causeway

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author * South West Meet * Sunday 10th Nov - Cribbs Causeway
essexracer

User status: Offline
   4th Nov 02 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am so up for both, especially the rr!!!

only prob is im comin from southend, where would we meet?

can sum1 be kind enough to give me sum general dirctions from southend please.

cheers,
james

ps im at APU uni (in cambridge) and go home some weekends, so sat 9th is much better 4 me!
Nismo

4th Nov 02 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to RAC.co.uk and this will give you all directions and detailed map to Thornbury and time/distance in miles to get there.
essexracer

4th Nov 02 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers nismo....but... i av to choose from the following places in Thornbury (before it shows me the way):

Bristol, Thornbury, BS35 1 (UK)
Bradford, Thornbury, BD3 7 (UK)
Bromyard, Thornbury, HR7 4 (UK)
Bristol, Thornbury, BS35 2 (UK)
Bristol, Thornbury, BS35 3 (UK)
Holsworthy, Thornbury, EX22 7 (UK)
Bristol, Thornbury (UK)

which one should i choose? (any1?)

also where would we be meetin up (so i can get route details)

cheers,

james ;-)
Nismo

4th Nov 02 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Choose the first one

Bristol, Thornbury, BS35 1 (UK

i dont know where everyone is meeting up but im sure they will sum where.
K100RSA

4th Nov 02 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL see my post above, look where I was at the weekend,( falling out of the door of Chameleon) I moved down here from southend, its a piece of pi55 to get to bristol, and think thornbury is close to that, have a look at the above threads. A127 to M25 M25 to junction 15 M4 then follow to M5 south. Bristol is signposted from there.

I live 260 miles from southend in north devon and I got home in 3 1/2 hours reckon its about 2 hours from southend

tony

essexracer

4th Nov 02 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dammm!!!!

its 187miles!!!!!!!!!!! lol :-(

"Total distance: 186.9 miles (300.7 km)
Total estimated time: 4 hours and 1 min.
Average speed of 30 Miles/h on national and country roads.
Average speed of 60 Miles/h on motorways"

so thats prob about 3hours drivin a bit faster???? lol

how long u recon at what speed? lol (lol)

cheers,
james
essexracer

4th Nov 02 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tony...wen did u got to Chameleon?

i was there on fri nite, £1 a drink on fridays!!

james
megacorsa

4th Nov 02 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I believe we will probably meet somewhere not busy like Cribbs Causeway and ill lead the lot of u to Thornbury and into the Interpro car park! Should be a damned good laugh. Ill find out if the dates are ok this week. I reckon it shud b fine.
Edd
megacorsa

4th Nov 02 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ppl that want to goto the RR day I need names, vehicles and numbers u2u'd to me asap so i can get a definate count together. They wont bring the photographer down unless we have this unfortuantely. So take the date as the 1st December.
Cheers

K100RSA

4th Nov 02 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was in chameleon on saturday night, all drinks were £1.70, was great in there, havent been clubbin for a bit but really enjoyed that , will go there againg , IMO was better than TALK.

LOL at your time thing its 260 to my house and did it in 3 1/2 hours so only 2 1/2 hours tops its all main roads from your end so easy life just roll down at 80 and youll be here before you know it.

Tony
K100RSA

4th Nov 02 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what exactly is going on and how far from cribbs is this thornbury place, are we still doing the RR as i saw the post about it on the 1/12. my missus is on my back as she wants to go to cribbbbbbbbbbsssssss to shop till she drops with my dosh please tel me asap

if thornbury is too far may have to pull out of this, as im not going back up the M4, its enuff to go to cribbs and back 200 miles, perhaps I should have stopped in the car park at cribbs for the week when I came home from southend LOL

Tony
Trotty

4th Nov 02 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thornbury isn't far from Cribbs, about a 15min drive?

You could drop the missus off, and then pick her up again later on after going to the RR

Ian
essexracer

4th Nov 02 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually i think the 1st/12 is better for me anyway, i believe that is a sunday? saterday would be better as im in a sunday footy league, i would like to avoid missing a footy match if possible! lol (LOL)

i think this is a good opportunity for us lot to get together and also have a good mag feacheur (spellin?!) together

mega corsa il u2u u my details as id love to be able to make the rr.

cheers,
james (lol)
megacorsa

5th Nov 02 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There seems to be a lot of hassle with this damned Thornbury thing.

The details at the moment (Subject to change) are 1/12/02 RR at Thornbury. Thornbury is one junction down from Cribbs, about 15 minutes drive. Basically, this is all in and around Bristol.
We will be meeting in Cribbs first then going to Thornbury. Should be good, try not to get lost, crash, blow up cars, write off metros etc...
We will arrive at Thornbury and as its a sunday traffic is minimal etc, they can only do Sunday as they work the rest of the time, and as u can imagine a shit load of modded Corsa's turning up makes quite a damned impact and can stop a mechanic or two from doing any work! After that we cna go form there, do whatever the hell you lot wanna do basically...
The cost is £15 and I need all your names, numbers and vehicles u2u'd to me.

Unfortunately this is a vauxhall only event, as TOTAL VAUXHALL MAGAZINE ARE GOING TO BE THERE!!!!! (YAY!)

Should be good, if ur cars good enough you could well get asked for a feature, and lots of pics of the event will be in the magazine. I really need more names on my u2u, at the moment I only have a few.

Remember, if you've got your own convoy coming, I need their names, numbers and vehicles too.

If we organise it properly it will be shit hot.

Edd
07979 727701
Foz

5th Nov 02 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So wen the fook is this meet supose to happen there are so many dates flying around, sunday 10th about 7 sounds good to me @ Big W. Thornbury is in the middle of nowhere, atleast there is a maccyds at cribbs. respec'
essexracer

5th Nov 02 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

edd/megacorsa...u r right if we get this thing organised properly then it could be feckin good as im sure every1 would agree!

lol... is the 1st the final date?ok so it cant be a saterday coz T.vaux r workin saterdays, so il av to miss my footy match on sunday (should be worth it though!), anyway...iv already u2u'd u edd, and as iv already said i am well up for this as long as its organised properly and iv got time to make my arrangments of travelling up there etc. so i will try my 100% best effort to make it!!! so count me in!!!

il shut it now ;-)

lets make this work people!

cheers,
james ;-)
K100RSA

5th Nov 02 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so is both of these meets happening or is it just the 1/12 thats happening, I wanna do the RR(even if me mota is a bit rattly recently, too many traffic light grand prixs last weekend LOL)

Tony
megacorsa

5th Nov 02 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as I know both meets are oging ahead, ill double check the final date on RR and get back to u... but on Sunday we is all meetin in Cribbs...

...Foz mate... errr... u rr missin th epoint... Thornbury is where Interpro is, the Rollin Road is at interpro... and they have a snack van damnit!!! God sake, what more can u want!!!

Edd
Foz

6th Nov 02 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O rite, point taken now! Whos actually goin 2 cribbs this sunday? i dont wana b on my own. 1 place not to have a meet is longwell mcd's - im banned for parking my car there. if n e 1 wants sum fun go in there and make sum noise, security will ring the ob, but ob dont turn up.
Nismo

6th Nov 02 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what time are we meeting at cribbs for the RR
K100RSA

6th Nov 02 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right then lads, this sunday is rapidly approaching and im still no wiser than i was last week , what are we doing this sunday, presume no RR as this is on the 1/12, so we just gonna have a meet,
WHERE AND WHEN ??cribbs is a pretty big place as i remember so someone name a car park or something and lets be doing it!!
Nismo

6th Nov 02 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes can some one please tell me when and where and what time please as theres so many dates going around.
megacorsa

6th Nov 02 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, Trotty was kinda in charge of this one btu i guess ill suggest instead. I suggest about 6 o'clock in KFC Car Park.... how's that? By 6 im normally pretty hungry, so that would be ideal
at the end of the day its when everyone is gonna b ready. So lemme know.

Edd
Trotty

6th Nov 02 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right then folks, apologies for the lack of any replies, I've been really busy at work for the last couple of days

Now then, the are TWO meets being arranged at the moment. They are as follows:

• Cribbs Causeway - Sunday 10th Nov - General Meet
  • Interpro @ Thornbury - Sunday 1st Dec - RR day w/ Total Vauxhall Mag

For the Cribbs Causeway meet, be at KFC/Burger King car park for approx~ 60PM-ish. This is by the Warner Village cinema for those that don't know the area. I'll post some (hopefully) decent directions up later on. We can stay there for a bit, get some pics perhaps and then go wherever we like.

For the RR day, I'll leave it to Edd (megacorsa) to arrange meeting times and places but if you want to come (and it should be good!) get you details to him ASAP!

Now then, firstly, who can make Sunday's meet?

Cheers,

Ian
Foz

7th Nov 02 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which kfc? theres one by that snow & rock place, and i dont know the other. help!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Meets and Events » * South West Meet * Sunday 10th Nov - Cribbs Causeway 22 database queries in 0.1870980 seconds