corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C 1.2 turbo conversion and various other DBilas turbo kit banter!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C 1.2 turbo conversion and various other DBilas turbo kit banter!
Jenko_Sport

User status: Offline
29th Dec 06 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be realistic Beardy 650
BeArDy

29th Dec 06 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatG
funny how the poeple that have there own companies seem to be knocking the kits and figures.

At the end of the day its bolt on stuff that is very very common in Europe Dblias are selling by the truck full over there.

Its not a regal product its a regal instalation.

Can on Mat i know how big Dbilas are and how good there items are.
An looking at there spec on this kit it rates it at 120bhp which i can see it getting BUT come on 160bhp

Robin
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm, 180-190bhp...

Someone lend me £3910, and I'll get it RR'd all over the country
Martin_C

29th Dec 06 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont have my own company
STEvieXE

29th Dec 06 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are regal this dis reputable?? i always thought they were ok, never heard anythign different, its courtenay i always heard were the cowboys...
MatG

in all honestly Beardy I am not interested in the RR figure, when it comes down to it it could be 100, 120, 158bhp as long as it drives on the road well and quick thats all that matters. this year I have been to so many RR days and none of them tell you a true figure and non of them correspond with each other in any logical way.

I think its great that someone who spends a lot of money modifying there corsa in terms of bodywork, ICE wheels etc then wants to move onto engine modding it gives them an option other than selling the car on OR doing the usual XE, Z20LET, C20LET conversion.

apart from a few cars the UK the vauxhall scene is going a little boring in the way it gets performance, but thats just my opinion
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

quote:
funny how the poeple that have there own companies seem to be knocking the kits and figures.

At the end of the day its bolt on stuff that is very very common in Europe Dblias are selling by the truck full over there.

its not a Regal product but Regal are the UK's distributor of Dbilas. Its not other companies that are knocking their power figures, its the people that actually know what they are talking about.

do you belive that this bolt on kit makes 160bhp and 127lb/ft
TNM

29th Dec 06 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
Remember a post on MIG where one place said they could re-map there Corsa C's and gain them 20-30bhp

I remember that
MatG

29th Dec 06 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
quote:

its not a Regal product but Regal are the UK's distributor of Dbilas. Its not other companies that are knocking their power figures, its the people that actually know what they are talking about.

do you belive that this bolt on kit makes 160bhp and 127lb/ft

I dont need to believe it nor do I care, what I do liek is the option to have this kit and therefore making the tuning scene for vauxhall that little bit more interesting again
STEvieXE

29th Dec 06 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems to me tho a 160bhp 1.2 woudl last about 3 miles before the first of mnay rebuilds... (i may be wrong)

i thougt turbo cars had uprated internals to non turbo cars different pistons etc...
jammo20

29th Dec 06 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what power did the regal 1.8 turbo corsa c get the red one ??? was at pvs 06

[Edited on 29-12-2006 by jammo20]
Robin
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I believe that a bolt on turbo would up the torque dramatically, not sure on the power figure, but who knows?
MatG

29th Dec 06 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Z18XER in an astra H

BeArDy

29th Dec 06 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mat yes its nice to see something differant and noones saying anything out the Kit itself as i think they are very good an i am sure loads of people who agree (as looked at there Kit for the Inlet on my C20LET's).

The bad thing which i do not like they give people who know nothing about engines false hopes and power reading (in my opinion would like to see the car on some other rolling road).

Taking peoples money on false hopes is wrong and in some case illegal.

[Edited on 29-12-2006 by BeArDy]
MatG

29th Dec 06 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An AstraSport member with the 1.6 kit Z16XE = 216bhp

ChazSXi

29th Dec 06 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

beardy do the same to mine. n then we shall really c what a tubbied 1.2 does!
MatG

29th Dec 06 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The bad thing which i do not like they give people who know nothing about engines false hopes and power reading (in my opinion would like to see the car on some other rolling road).

Agreed but in reality is there such thing as an independant rolling road?? With the same rolling road conditions. I hear what you are saying dont get me wrong, but when it comes down to it are any of the BHP figures you hear really truefully that reliable unless they are dyno'd?
BeArDy

29th Dec 06 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mat has any of the car had a power run outside of Regal?
MatG

29th Dec 06 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only just been done so I doubt it mate. I am sure we will get all of them togther next year at some point though
Steve
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ the quoted power figures
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

29th Dec 06 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is now foolproof way of testing a cars power output on a RR.

Dyno Dynamics RR are all self calibrating and have a mode called 'shootout' mode. every setting in the RR and the software is locked and cannot be adjusted. even barometric pressure and intake / ambient air temps are calibrated so you get an accurate reading each time its run, wether its -10 degree or =30 degrees it will compensate for the final figure.

a car tested on 14 different Dyno Dynamics dynos in the uk made the same power figures on all (within 1.4 bhp) this is why honda, porsche, australian military and police, yamaha, Porsche cup racing league and others all use dyno dynamics.
BeArDy

29th Dec 06 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Agreed but in reality is there such thing as an independant rolling road?? With the same rolling road conditions. I hear what you are saying dont get me wrong, but when it comes down to it are any of the BHP figures you hear really truefully that reliable unless they are dyno'd?

i agree not may rolling roads are spot on reason why alot of people are getting there car lived mapped.
BUT i would like to see any of the cars on a rolling road outside of regal, to see if it just gets the power figure which regal have given.

The Book quote is 120bhp which i can see it getting, BUT getting another 48bhp over what DBilas quote.....
MatG

29th Dec 06 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yet a dyno dynamics RR in shout out mode a few weeks back produced low figures for courtenay tuned cars, high figures for the tuner that was running the RR and low figures for run in Astra VXR's that had run very different a few weeks before hand....

go figure, like I say I dont care, trust or even entertain RR and or BHP figures in genral, if it drives well and quick, and more importantly you are happy with the results compared to money spent then its all good
MatG

29th Dec 06 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beardy I agree and only time will tell
Nic Barnes

29th Dec 06 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prove it wrong someone.

can you? talk is cheap. go do it yourself and report back

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C 1.2 turbo conversion and various other DBilas turbo kit banter! 22 database queries in 0.0918989 seconds