corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my xe corsa (new pics page 2, 05/02/07!!!!)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my xe corsa (new pics page 2, 05/02/07!!!!)
chapcorsa

User status: Offline
   27th Dec 06 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right got bored so decided make a little thread,

started life as a 1400 sport, already had 16"comps on lowered and a sportex backbox, oh and some chavvy smoked back lights, sadly i did not have a camera at the time so have no photos of when i bought it. shame on me!!

started off soon as i bought it with some smoked fk crystals, debadged grille and mhw smoked rears, really tidied the front end up and made the back look that little better

thats how it stayed for a while untill a mate of mine decided to sell his nova xe, and so i snatched it off him for a bargain £700 which i then broke making more than my money back

only pic i can find is this;

so naturally first thing i pinched was the wheels and had great fun breaking it!!

then the fun started, had made my money back on the nova and still had the engine and running gear left over so i decided to put it into mine, so with that i ordered my conversion bits and rented a garage off my mate to work in,
whilst off the road i purchased a set of softstars off someone from here and sold the speedlines on and also a carbon fibre bonnet off my mate andyrs1800,

at this point the engine was still not wired up due to my laziness!! so i got on the blower and had that sorted only it turned out to be more of a mess than it started as, (will mention no names but my car was nearly set on fire which would have been nice) but a quick phonecall to beardy had this problem sorted out in no time and that was the engine sorted, the next problem was that somewhere along the line the diff in the f20 had decidedly shagged itself so a week later i had sourced a low mileage f16cr from a mk1 astra and had this fitted.

that was the engine in and sorted and ive had no problems so far (touch wood)

once on the road it was time for a few piccies:

after mot and tax thats how it stayed for a while until my mate decided to sell his speedlines, wouldnt do a swap but ended up in my favour that the lad who bought them couldnt get them over his brakes so did him a straight swap for my softstars which were his second choice of wheel,

then the most recent mod is the morettes which i traded with mark lawton, imo make the front look much better, still more to come but cant decide what first, hoping to have it finished to a good standard to take to the shows next year.

[Edited on 26-01-2007 by chapcorsa]

[Edited on 30-01-2007 by chapcorsa]

[Edited on 30-01-2007 by chapcorsa]

[Edited on 05-02-2007 by chapcorsa]
chapcorsa

27th Dec 06 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got some stuff to be done to engine in the new year when i can be bothered getting it done, have a 3" round magnex backbox to be fitted to the rest of my 2.5" system as the one i have is way to loud for my liking,
got some kent cams, modified throttle body. water pump, timing belt and rollers, adjustable pulleys, sard adjustable fpr (when it comes), camshaft oil seals and a courtenay grp n ecu when i get round to buyin it from my mate.

will give the backbox a good clean before i make a trip to have it modified.

[Edited on 27-12-2006 by chapcorsa]
chapcorsa

27th Dec 06 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

interior wise since i have bought her she's had a set of 140mph gsi clocks with white lockwoods,

blue led kit,

and a set of genuine mats,

ice wise ive kept it neat with a kenwood headunit, alpine 4x100 v12 amp alpine components and alpine 6x9s, just for good quality sound.

tweeters fitted perfectly with a bit of modding to door handle and wired up to original crossovers, effective but very easy imo.
Teknologikal

27th Dec 06 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So glad you got those Speedlines back...they look much better than the Softstars.

Nice car mate
chapcorsa

27th Dec 06 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats my second set of speedlines on that car mate, been refurbed a darker shade than standard, love em though, best set of wheels ive had so far.
Teknologikal

27th Dec 06 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally like 5 spokers but the Softstars don't appeal to me at all....that said, my wheels don't appeal to everyone either

What mod are you having done to the backbox?
chapcorsa

27th Dec 06 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just getting it modified to fit and suit the xe as i have a larger bore exhaust than the standard bore the backbox is made for, got a 2.5"bore system on it but the backbox i got with it is way too loud for my liking.
richysport

27th Dec 06 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be alot more fun with the tuning bit's on
orangio

27th Dec 06 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

random question, but when its dark can you see your clocks properly?

i have white lockwoods and blue led kit and cant see shit when its dark
Ojc

27th Dec 06 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why did you break that Nova.
Andyrs1800

27th Dec 06 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant believe you put that pic up,
ShEp

27th Dec 06 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice m8

i have the same headunit, its great :d
chapcorsa

28th Dec 06 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

orangio; nah bit dissapointed with the dials and bulbs mixture really, can see the numbers but not the needles so i may try and source some of the backlit needles and try them
ojc; broke the nova cos two of my mates owned it, the first who took real good care of it and made it into the nova you see in the pics and then another mate of mine got hold of it and really screwed it up by not looking after it, it looked nothing like that when i got hold of it and so was better off being broke
love the headunit too shep, was a bargain from halfords of all places!!
J200RSA

28th Dec 06 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks mint chapman, nice back box
chapcorsa

26th Jan 07 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i now await the comment 'another corsa with a gsi kit and speedlines' , just put it on to make sure everythin fit ok, also picked up a pretty rare steinmtetz grill off my mate which i will be modifying to fit the bumper when its sprayed up and the badge recess is smoothed out, the bumpers are with my mate as we speak so should be on tomorrow when i will take some more piccies,

i actually quite liked the look of the two different colours and was tempted to put the kit on like that

ChrisBoom

26th Jan 07 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yet another GSI kit with speedlines

Nah, its looking good, as long as you like it, then its all good!
andys sxi
Premium Member

27th Jan 07 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks nice how get more pics when its all 1 colour

April 08 feature car
chapcorsa

27th Jan 07 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will love it mate, like a change every now and again hence why i sold the bonnet, considering getting my speedlines done in a glossy white but unsure if it will be overkill then....
Wrighty

27th Jan 07 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooo

steiny grill and gsi front -mint

good to see the bonnets gone too
Butler

27th Jan 07 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good two tone.
chapcorsa

27th Jan 07 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah hoping the steiny grill will make it a 'little' different, never seen one modded to a gsi bumper, dont think many people like the thought of cutting a £100 grill up to make it fit
Andyrs1800

29th Jan 07 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lucky it wasnt £100 then, and you still owe me money boy...
jamesvalver

29th Jan 07 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prefered it on softstars tbh. what happened to them?
chapcorsa

29th Jan 07 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did a straight swap for the speedlines you now see mate, to see in the flesh it looks much better on the speedlines, softstars looked too small for some reason.... got some of the kit back today from my mate, will get some pics up of the finished item as soon as i got it all back and fixed to the car.
jamesvalver

30th Jan 07 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prob cause the softstars where black which makes wheels look smaller. i think the white and silver looked good!!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my xe corsa (new pics page 2, 05/02/07!!!!) 24 database queries in 0.1259840 seconds