corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Smoke Grey 5 Door

New Poll
  <<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Smoke Grey 5 Door
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 09 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right then, after this weekends shenanigans i need to replace the radiator top hose, breather pipe and a few other bits which shall be done this week sometime.

As for future plans.. ideally i would like to have a fresh coat of paint at some point or at least a tidy up due to the white marks in the lacquer (from rubstrips) and rust coming through the bottom corners of doors, there's a few marks & scratches here an there from general abuse aswell. I am thinking maybe a semi smooth boot would tie in nicely? just remove the boot lock but keep the plate recess.
I could do with a passenger wing & bonnet due to dents, stone chips & rust.
All red rear lights might work ok? so think i shall have a go at that & then start work on re-trimming the interior.

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
liamgallagher1994

23rd Mar 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant wait to see it again Danny, looks the nuts. My fave 5 door on here by a mine
Rich H

23rd Mar 09 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good

Think you need to play around tinting some clear rear lights to german style ones as that'll suit the look of your car imo.

Get it wound right down now too if you have more room to play with!
Danny W
Premium Member

25th Mar 09 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes mate, i will be going to the next Em meet in Coventry so you shall see it there

Rich, thats a good idea .. i'll sort a few photoshops and give a few ideas a try, as for winding it down currently sitting like this after winding the front end down that extra 20mm.. the exhaust scrapes and catches on most speedbumps etc as it is now so i'm thinking of getting a custom job that i can tuck up closer the the underside of the car.. then i'll go lower lol

also i've ordered 10 meters of black suede to have a go at re-trimming a few things, i'll get a few progress pics up as and when possible

[Edited on 25-03-2009 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Danny W
Premium Member

28th Mar 09 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Todays update.. Re-trim:

my suede material arrived yesterday so thought i'd get straight on it have a go at re-trimming .. only thing to practice on was the door cards in my car so naturally no in progress shots as i didn't think they'd come out that well BUT here's the finished article .. constructive criticism please

edit, a before pic might help lol just to show what the door cards used to look like

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/6541/dscf3343.jpg

[Edited on 28-03-2009 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Corsa_Scotty

28th Mar 09 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youve done a good job on this danny. well done
Firestate88

28th Mar 09 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks much better now
would love to have my headliner covered in that stuff, look sweet
Ben G

28th Mar 09 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need to paint the blak plastics now.

or use some carbon effect stuff on them. i have it on my centre console (standard) an i think it looks alright.

[Edited on 28-03-2009 by Ben G]
Danny W
Premium Member

28th Mar 09 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you for the comments

Ben G yep painted plastics will be something to sort in the near future (front handles etc. are already gloss black)

i like the look of your centre console tho, it does look smart
as i say tho its a work in progress and i have a hell of a lot to do to get it looking how i want.. ideally i would like to trim all 4 door cards, A,B,C pillars & roof lining in this suede material. i've also thought about having something else to 'detail' the interior .. something to correspond with the gold of the wheels maybe? but dont want it to look tacky.

[Edited on 28-03-2009 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Neil Dagens

28th Mar 09 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coming along nicely mate, those wheels really do set it off and looks great minus the rub strips
Corsa_Scotty

28th Mar 09 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

danny, grab yourself a cheap matt black sunstrip off ebay and do the door pillars and see what it looks like and you can whip it off if you dont like it. but it should tie in with the plastics well
Danny W
Premium Member

29th Mar 09 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Neil, i agree it looks much cleaner now .. just need to tidy the paint work a bit

Scott good idea mate, tacked some of the material in place today looks good imo so think i'm just going to go ahead with the re-trim.

Todays progress...
spent this morning sorting the front 2 door cards and i made sure to take a few photos this time. as always C/C appreciated

Standard trim:

material cut & being applied:

Finished article:

i still have a lot of work to do on the interior, next up is to source a set of black door pockets for the front doors.

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
ste_p23

29th Mar 09 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fantastic project
marklawton

29th Mar 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking alot better mate. can i ask, what did you use to stick your sideskirts on with?
M Sutton

29th Mar 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good
Danny W
Premium Member

29th Mar 09 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you Ste & M Sutton
marklawton, ive used the original self tappng screws (2 on front arch, 2 on rear arch) and the black silicone that came with the skirts. Altho i did need to re-stick one side a few weeks ago and i just used some black silicone sealant i found in halfords

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
danward

29th Mar 09 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good mate.
adz_gsi

30th Mar 09 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not just paint the door pockets black
i did but cant remember if it was matt or gloss
flybikeslee

30th Mar 09 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheres the material from buddy?
shaunmods
Premium Member

30th Mar 09 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those door cards look great! Nice work Danny
marklawton

30th Mar 09 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny W
Thank you Ste & M Sutton
marklawton, ive used the original self tappng screws (2 on front arch, 2 on rear arch) and the black silicone that came with the skirts. Altho i did need to re-stick one side a few weeks ago and i just used some black silicone sealant i found in halfords

thanks. was it any good the stuff you got from halfords? can u remember what its called?
Markus
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

30th Mar 09 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used tigerseal on my old sport
Danny W
Premium Member

30th Mar 09 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adz_gsi: yeah that is an option but i think with time the paint is likely to chip.

Lee, bought it online cant remember the name of the shop .. found it through google. . i'll try and find a link tho .. jaskwear?

Mark, it was just a black tube of silicone sealant i picked up to bond the skirt back on quick, seems good stuff though and hasn't let me down since. but as Markus said tigerseal etc. works wonders aswell.

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Benkid

30th Mar 09 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well impressed, never thought a 5 door corsa could look cool but youve proven me wrong, awesome little read.
How did you stick the fabric into all the groooves in the doorcards? Fabric glue i'm guessing?
Lovin the leather interior to.
sebbyg

30th Mar 09 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cars looking rally good mate

<<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Smoke Grey 5 Door 24 database queries in 0.0239770 seconds