corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » xbox 3shity

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author xbox 3shity
topshot_2k
Banned

User status: Offline
11th Dec 06 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smack
i dident drop kick it, kick it, i simpley nocked it with my foot, and it fell the wrong way, and chewed up the disc.

Add: it was alraedy at ground level (carpet level) i dientet drop it from the top of the house or out.

[Edited on 11-12-2006 by smack]

it Doesn't matter, its a very sensitive piece of kit. Why not lay it flat?
Jamie Walby

11th Dec 06 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k

Chump have you played on on the PS3? its design is shoot. CD tray last about 20mins, Controllers battery packs ARE NOT replaceable,

You even have to plug the 'wireless' controllers in to recognise them FFS

That would happen to any CD/DVd player. dont be such a clown in future

aparantly theres problems with the wirelss controller, in that it drops connection regularly during play

One of mine does this. Not often enough for me to worry about though.
AdZ9

11th Dec 06 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my batteries ran out last night in a GoW multiplayer game, it was me vs 2 guys left and i know i would of won ( )

as i see one guy BOOOOOOOOOM battery goes and it pops up saying reconnect controller, then i died! if they werent so expensive i would of thrown it across the room!

thing is it said the battery had 2 bars left, then it just gave up so it wasnt even a case of me leaving it for ages, so today im going to buy a charge while u play pack
topshot_2k
Banned

11th Dec 06 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy the Enegerizer recharge pack and 2500ah battery pack. it has lasted me ages
mk4_astra

11th Dec 06 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smack
i dident drop kick it, kick it, i simpley nocked it with my foot, and it fell the wrong way, and chewed up the disc.

Add: it was alraedy at ground level (carpet level) i dientet drop it from the top of the house or out.

[Edited on 11-12-2006 by smack]

well there is a label across the cd/dvd tray that says do not move while in operation which would apply to people thinking of gently moving it while there is a disc in the machine, this would also apply to people knocking it over with there feet

plus the 360 runs better if you lay it flat
mk4_astra

11th Dec 06 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheScotsman
yup, a guy in my work, his boy had it standing up and it fell over, when he got the disc out it had a big burnt ring on the disc,

I had a 360 for a week n sold it, playstation all the way!

smart move, now you can look forward to all your lovely blu ray discs being scratched so bad they wont play within 24 hours when you stand your ps3 on its side. i dread to think what would happen to a ps3 if you knocked it over, i know there a fair bit bigger than the 360 but still
Steve
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS3 sound like its got good reviews so far

not
topshot_2k
Banned

11th Dec 06 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve i nearly grilled you then, then i scrolled down.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

idiot
topshot_2k
Banned

11th Dec 06 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS3 so good eh

Ever since Mr. Stringer took the helm last year at Sony, the struggling if still formidable electronics giant, the world has been hearing about how the coming PlayStation 3 would save the company, or at least revitalize it. Even after Microsoft took the lead in the video-game wars a year ago with its innovative and powerful Xbox 360, Sony blithely insisted that the PS3 would leapfrog all competition to deliver an unsurpassed level of fun.

Put bluntly, Sony has failed to deliver on that promise.

Measured in megaflops, gigabytes and other technical benchmarks, the PlayStation 3 is certainly the world’s most powerful game console. It falls far short, however, of providing the world’s most engaging overall entertainment experience. There is a big difference, and Sony seems to have confused one for the other.

The PS3, which was introduced in North America on Friday with a hefty $599 price tag for the top version, certainly delivers gorgeous graphics. But they are not discernibly prettier than the Xbox 360’s. More important, the whole PlayStation 3 system is surprisingly clunky to use and simply does not provide many basic functions that users have come to expect, especially online.

I have spent more than 30 hours using the PlayStation 3 over the last week or so and may have played more different games on the system — 13 — than probably anyone outside of Sony itself. Sony did not activate the PS3’s online service until just before the Friday debut. Over the weekend a clear sense of disappointment with the PlayStation 3 emerged from many gamers.

“What’s weird is that the PS3 was originally supposed to come out in the spring, and here it came out in the fall, and it still doesn’t feel finished,” Christopher Grant, managing editor of Joystiq, one of the world’s biggest video-game blogs, said on the telephone Saturday night. “It’s really not the all-star showing they should have had at launch. Sony is playing catch-up in a lot of ways now, not just in terms of sales but in terms of the basic functionality and usability of the system.”

Sadly for Sony, the best way to explain how the PlayStation 3 falls short is to explain how different it is to use than its main competition, Xbox 360. When I reviewed the 360 last year, I wrote: “Twelve minutes after opening the box, I had created my nickname, was in a game of Quake 4 and thought, ‘This can’t be this easy.’ ”

I never felt that way using the PlayStation 3. With the PS3, 12 minutes after opening the box I realized that Sony inexplicably does not include cables to connect the machine to a high-definition television. Keep in mind that one of Sony’s main selling points has been that the PS3 plays Blu-Ray high-definition movie discs. But high-definiton cables? Sold separately. The Xbox 360, by contrast, ships with one cable that can connect to either a standard or high-definition set.

Then, before you are even using the PS3, you have to connect the “wireless” controller to the base unit with a USB cable so they can recognize each other. If you bring your PS3 controller to a friend’s house, you’ll have to plug back in again. The 360’s wireless controllers are always just that, wireless.

If there is one thing one would expect Sony to get perfect, though, it would be music. Wrong. Sure, you can plug in your digital music player and the PS3 will play the tunes. But as soon as you go into a game, the music stops. By contrast, one of the things I’ve always enjoyed most on the Xbox 360 is being able to listen to my own music while playing Pebble Beach or driving my virtual Ferrari. Doesn’t seem too complicated, but the PS3 can’t do it.

In that sense it often feels as if the PlayStation 3 can’t walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. In the PS3’s online store (which feels like a slow Web page) you can access movie trailers and trial versions of new games, but when you actually download the 600-megabyte files, you’ll be stuck watching a progress bar crawl across the screen for 20 or 40 minutes. Astonishingly, you can’t download in the background while you go do something that’s more fun (like play a game). On the Xbox 360, not only are files downloaded seamlessly in the background, but you can also shut off the machine, turn it on later, and the download will resume automatically.

The PS3’s whole online experience feels tacked-on and unpolished. On the Xbox 360 each user has a single unified friends list, so you can track your friends and communicate with them easily, no matter what game you are in. On the PlayStation 3 most games have their own separate friends list and some have no friends function at all. There is a master list as well, but in order to communicate with anyone on it, you have to quit the game you are playing.

There are some high points. The multi-player battles in Resistance: Fall of Man are excellent. The arcade-style action in the downloadable Blast Factor is suitably frantic.

But the list of the PS3’s disappointments remains, from its undersupported voice chat to its maddening cellphone-like text messaging system. (In frustration I ended up plugging in a USB keyboard.) Overall, Sony seems to have put a lot of effort into cramming as much silicon horsepower under the hood as possible but to have forgotten that all the transistors in the world can’t make someone smile.

And so it is a bit of a shock to realize that on the video game front Microsoft and Sony are moving in exactly the opposite directions one might expect given their roots. Microsoft, the prototypical PC company, has made the Xbox 360 into a powerful but intuitive, welcoming, people-friendly system. Sony’s PlayStation 3, on the other hand, often feels like a brawny but somewhat recalcitrant specialized computer. (Sony is even telling users to wait for future software patches to fix some of the PS3’s deficiencies.) The thing is, if people want to use a computer, they’ll use a computer.

Through the decades of the Walkman and the Trinitron television, Sony was renowned as the global master of easy-to-use, seamlessly powerful consumer electronics. But recently Sony seems to have lost its way, first in digital music players, in which it ceded the ergonomic high ground to Apple’s iPod, and now in home-game consoles. For now Sony’s technologists seem to have won out over the people who study fun.

As a practical matter, given the limited quantities Sony has been able to manufacture, the PlayStation 3 will surely remain sold out throughout the holiday season. If you can’t find one, don’t fret. Sony still has a lot of work to do. As Mr. Grant of Joystiq put it: “Maybe in six months it’ll be finished. Maybe by next fall I’ll be able to do all the cool stuff. I’m still kind of waiting.”

IS it BOLLOCKS
Steve
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any other reviews out there?
topshot_2k
Banned

11th Dec 06 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mine:

ITS BOLLOCKS.

Steve
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me and ollie have been discussing you topshot
topshot_2k
Banned

11th Dec 06 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

whats the verdict?
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolutely lovely lad.
topshot_2k
Banned

11th Dec 06 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie Walby

11th Dec 06 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
quote:

whats the verdict?

WTF I just remembered that Donald Duck geezer on COD3 last night. Just came to me, burst out laughing.
topshot_2k
Banned

11th Dec 06 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that was funny
Steve
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how does this make you feel?
Jamie Walby

11th Dec 06 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You make me feel.

YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE A WHOLE DIFFERENT WOMEN.
mk4_astra

11th Dec 06 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
any other reviews out there?

from someone who by the sounds of it has a 360, wii and older consoles aswell:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=927750&topic=31819675
Steve
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep you would think if it was better, considering hes actually gone out and bought it he would say so
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like men with pencil penis
topshot_2k
Banned

11th Dec 06 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
how does this make you feel?

what?