corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Looking For BB

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Looking For BB
Marc

User status: Offline
12th Dec 06 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I could transfer my line to another provider.
MarkM

12th Dec 06 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What MAC address though?
Marc

12th Dec 06 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dunno.
WATSON

12th Dec 06 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MarkM WTF are you on about
Neil

12th Dec 06 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by NeilM
I just got my MAC code off Tiscali today, should be changed in a week or so.. bye bye Tiscali..

They wouldn't give me one, said it was against their policy so I cancelled.

You don't cancel, then ask for your MAC. You just call the cancellation line and ask for it. Then they cancel automatically when the MAC is used. Otherwise they cut off your line and it can take weeks for another company to beable to connect you.

I had no problem getting my MAC, just asked why I wanted to move, to which I was very blunt and told them their broadband was crap. Said I'd receive in an e-mail in 2 hours - 5 days and it came within 2 hours. At least they did something right.

Edit: Tiscali are obliged to give you your MAC code on request. As they are part of this voluntary code of practice: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/advice/codes/bbm_cop/

quote:
Under the terms of the code:

The existing service provider cannot unreasonably refuse to issue an authorisation code and may only withhold a code if:

- the request is not made by the account holder or the account holder is deceased

- the contract has already been terminated and the connection ceased

However, the existing service provider must explain the reasons and supply information on how to appeal against the decision;

The existing service provider cannot withhold an authorisation code to enforce debt collection or contractual rights. However, customers are not freed from contractual obligations they have entered in to with their existing service provider - i.e.: they will have to honour the remaining term of an existing contract or pay early cancellation fees, if applicable. An existing service provider will still be able to take reasonable action to enforce their contractual rights even after a customer has migrated to a new service provider.

[Edited on 13-12-2006 by NeilM]
WATSON

13th Dec 06 at 03:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking into talktalk broadband at the mo? anyone with them? what are they like? always one connection ect?

Marc

13th Dec 06 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NeilM
You don't cancel, then ask for your MAC.

I asked for a MAC and they said no, so I cancelled

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Looking For BB 24 database queries in 0.0092440 seconds