corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » 360 or wait for PS3?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 360 or wait for PS3?
All Torque

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 06 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Some people talk some amount of shit.

Whos that aimed at?
John

3rd Dec 06 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody in particular.

Just everytime one of these threads come up the ps3 gets bashed and its normally irrelevant stuff that gets brought up.

The 360 has had its fair share of problems but because everybody has one and not a ps3 the 360 is the best thing ever.

Did you not have one of these threads only a couple of months ago now steve when the ps3 was the best thing since sliced bread, now you have a 360 sony(the whole company) is doomed to fail
mk4_astra

3rd Dec 06 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mazdaspeed

They are bringing out GT4 HD, it will have two games on one disc, a Classic an d Premium. Classic is GT4 but in HD, and Premium will be a taster of GT5 with 2 tracks and 30 cars. They will have damage in the new GT5 aswell. Apparently you can download new tracks and cars for the premium level essentially ending up with a full GT5 game - although you have to pay (about 20p a car and couple of quid for a track).

honestly GT4 has be scrapped go to a few ps3 sites if you dont believe me, best you can get is a demo online or wait til 2008 for gt5, i think i will just wait til march for forza 2
Joe

3rd Dec 06 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 360 is like a Leon Cupra, because Steve has one, they are the shit
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Dec 06 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John, I've not seen any evidence of the 360 fucking up after 3 hours and not switching back on
mazdaspeed

3rd Dec 06 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Balls
John

3rd Dec 06 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are kidding on Robin.

There were loads of 360's that had similar problems at launch.

People waiting for days to get a 360 then going home and it not turning on.

They are well forgotten about now its ps3 bashing time though.

I would hope most of they teething problems were sorted in the 360's now, that'll be why you haven't seen it.
All Torque

3rd Dec 06 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The worst thing the 360 did was scratch disks (when people dicked about when moving it from standing to flat while ON) and overheating (after 5+ hours of play).

Robin
Premium Member

3rd Dec 06 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I genuinely missed those John
smack

3rd Dec 06 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went to get a 360 today, and my bank transfers have been fucked up so now i have a gd £350 floating around somewere.
mk4_astra

3rd Dec 06 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nobody in particular.

Just everytime one of these threads come up the ps3 gets bashed and its normally irrelevant stuff that gets brought up.

The 360 has had its fair share of problems but because everybody has one and not a ps3 the 360 is the best thing ever.

Did you not have one of these threads only a couple of months ago now steve when the ps3 was the best thing since sliced bread, now you have a 360 sony(the whole company) is doomed to fail

i really wanted a ps3, i didnt bother getting a 360 when they came out and waited til november as that was when they were due for realease then sony turned round and said wait til march with your 500 quid so i thought sod it, got a 360, saved 200 quid and havnt looked back since.
sony have had an extra year to develop something better than a 360 but could only make the ps3 equal to it but turn it into a console that leaves people confused when the try to develop a game for it.
this is more than just a few 360 fanboys talking rubbish the ps3 is in some serious sh!t. ps3 sales are down 49% in japan, the wii dominates the japanese market, it seems every week the 360 gets another exclusive, MGS and DMC4 are rumored to be coming to the 360, 360 sales are up in japan and lost planet and blue dragon are set to keep that trend going. if the ps3 doesnt do well in japan then it wont do well anywhere
Nath

3rd Dec 06 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

360 = £270
PS3 = £500

I fail to see how its going to be THAT good that it costs nearly twice as much. So to answer your question, 360. Its more than sufficient.
All Torque

3rd Dec 06 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your ALL forgeting two vital things.....

360 Price drop in March
HALO 3

Ohhhh yeah!
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Dec 06 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nobody in particular.

excuse me? no

i have never said the ps3 was shit, i said the reviews iv read have been bad and thats its no "better" than a 360

[Edited on 03-12-2006 by Steve]
Neil

3rd Dec 06 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember the thread.. Steve was going to wait to get PS3, but was asking opinions.. heard the PS3 was crap and the 360 was great, so bought a 360.
John

3rd Dec 06 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sony haven't had an extra year to develop anything.

Because the console came out later doesn't mean they had more development time.

They have been using the very latest in technology and it has been to their downfall so far.

Cell processors and blu-ray diodes are not easy to come by.

I've always said and still stick by the 2 consoles will be very similar.

I don't even look at the price difference because imo you are getting a lot of kit for the money in a ps3.

If you don't want blu-ray or to pay the extra money fair enough that is a factor you consider.

Saying the ps3 is rubbish because the odd 1st off the line console has a few problems however just isn't good enough imo.
Neil

3rd Dec 06 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are more than that tho.. if you followed everything on gaming sites.. or even just stuff posted / linked here you would know it goes deeper than just some teething problems with the first consoles.

[Edited on 03-12-2006 by NeilM]
John

3rd Dec 06 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been following it since the ps3 was announced.

How do you know it goes deeper? Because somebody posted a link?

Imagine if the links were just people who didn't know what they were talking about, similar to most in here.

I should just automatically not look at these threads and let people think what they want, totally incorrect or otherwise.
Neil

3rd Dec 06 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It isn't people who don't know what they're talking about. It's well respected games and system reviewers who have used the PS3 after launch.
John

3rd Dec 06 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see one link for a blog that i've never heard of.

Must be well respected.
Neil

3rd Dec 06 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I said i read gaming sites etc. To be fair, I'm reserving judgement, and don't really mind if i fails or is a success, I just know it has a lot wrong with it. I always had PS's up til now.

You just sound like a typical Sony fanboy who sticks his fingers in his ears and sings lalala until people stop reporting the bad things about the PS3.
John

3rd Dec 06 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No i'm not a typical sony fanboy.

The ps3 might very well fail, blu-ray could be the worst thing since minidiscs, I don't know yet.

People bashing because of some problems doesn't mean its rubbish.

dave17 has just posted a 360 problem thats been about since they were first released does that mean I should have bought an original xboxb instead
Neil

3rd Dec 06 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No i'm not a typical sony fanboy.

The ps3 might very well fail, blu-ray could be the worst thing since minidiscs, I don't know yet.

People bashing because of some problems doesn't mean its rubbish.

dave17 has just posted a 360 problem thats been about since they were first released does that mean I should have bought an original xboxb instead

Buy what you want. It's your money..

And for the record, I have had my 360 since Feb time and have never had any problems whatsoever with it.
John

3rd Dec 06 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if one person has a totally working ps3 all the other reports are invalid?

I'll just give up.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Dec 06 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my receipt is safe just in case

i personally dont think the ps3 justifys its price tag, it doesnt do anything better than the xbox but costs twice as much factor in an external hd dvd and it still costs loads more

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll