corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Corsa - Through Its Changes (Pg26 - Bye Bye)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Corsa - Through Its Changes (Pg26 - Bye Bye)
John G

User status: Offline
16th Mar 07 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i spy r5 gtt in background whats that having done?

liking the vented wing dan. also see they have made progress on smoothing rear arch
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

17th Mar 07 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
i spy r5 gtt in background whats that having done?

More, R5's in there than anything else. That one covered up has just had a full re-spray going totally O/E and mint, can see a white one behind my car thats owner of the bodyshops latest purchase, and one hidden away with a secret engine in.

Sold his old one few months back just been featured in a magazine:
CLICKY HERE

Yeh, rear arches are nearly smooth, been to see the car today looks much better than in the pics, front end sorted this coming week then into the spray booth for some colour

[Edited on 17-03-2007 by Daniel_Corsa]

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
STEvieXE

17th Mar 07 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
why do "professional" bodyshops use P40? bridging filler

when will people learn that p40 is not a substitute for the real thing; it wont adhere properly and will probably fall out; I would strip the paint back and key the surface - then fill the gap with a high density two-pack foam before laying 1 layer of 300gsm CSM; 1 7" stip of 400gsm bi-axial and then another 300gsm CSM: finally a surface tissue and NO FILLER!

all in all, your car will look though

[Edited on 15-03-2007 by LiVe LeE]

its obvious that you know ur shit about f/glass but professional bodyshops dont use f/glass except on f/glass panels which is a rarity as if damaged they usually get replaced.

the way thats done i would say it probably will crack as there are ways to make it stronger than that looks altho i would love to see one done with no filler. very interesting to see. and to be honest id doubt it could be done as for instance f/glass doesnt feather edge the way filler does, it peels back so how could it be flushed into the surrounding panel

from my experience the plastic and p40 dont bond well no matter how well its keyed. keyed with a grinder i could tear the arch apart from the wing even actually using matt and resin to bond them..
mwg

17th Mar 07 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SMOOTHNESS. I'm excited
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

17th Mar 07 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
SMOOTHNESS. I'm excited

Wait till you see the rest Matty more smoothness to come

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
SAL
Premium Member

17th Mar 07 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

smoothness indeed cant wait to see the dam fitted/painted as i might get of my arse n do mine
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

17th Mar 07 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All be painted end of month time but will be getting bodywork finished up next week or latest week after.

Bodyshop is currently very busy getting few cars ready for donny

Paint has changed colour today, think for the better.

EarlofBarnet

17th Mar 07 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smooth arches will look very tidy when they're all painted etc. I'm jealous!
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

17th Mar 07 at 23:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nearly there

RichR
Premium Member

18th Mar 07 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE

the way thats done i would say it probably will crack as there are ways to make it stronger than that looks altho i would love to see one done with no filler. very interesting to see. and to be honest id doubt it could be done as for instance f/glass doesnt feather edge the way filler does, it peels back so how could it be flushed into the surrounding panel

from my experience the plastic and p40 dont bond well no matter how well its keyed. keyed with a grinder i could tear the arch apart from the wing even actually using matt and resin to bond them..

There are ways; my car's had all the "bodyshop" filler removed completely and we havn't used any new filler at all! Its all down to the products that are used and we always finish with a decent surface tissue; which gives and almost spot on finish with only minimal requirements for sanding
STEvieXE

18th Mar 07 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but layering up f/glass how do u feature edge it in for undercoat???

i used to work in a f/glass bodyshop but it was basic enough like layering up matt and resin etc etc
RichR
Premium Member

18th Mar 07 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
but layering up f/glass how do u feature edge it in for undercoat???

i used to work in a f/glass bodyshop but it was basic enough like layering up matt and resin etc etc

surface tissue and feather the edge before laying it up
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

24th Mar 07 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got round to fitting my alcantara headlining back in today:

EarlofBarnet

25th Mar 07 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely a job well done
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

27th Mar 07 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few more pics....

Getting close now.

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

29th Mar 07 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tommy L

29th Mar 07 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SAL
Premium Member

29th Mar 07 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have they smoothed the wing into the plastic arch on the front ?
J B

29th Mar 07 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks can't wait to see it in colour
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

29th Mar 07 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stavs
have they smoothed the wing into the plastic arch on the front ?

Smoothed the arch into the wing I would say personally but yesh.

SAL
Premium Member

29th Mar 07 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just noticed the boot spoiler smoothed in to cant wait to see it all painted
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

29th Mar 07 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Attention to detail stavs knows the score

Spoiler been like that for some time though

Just can't wait to get it back and take it to Donny, see if it fits in with all the massive kitted cars

EarlofBarnet

30th Mar 07 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Soooooo close now! Awesome stuff lad
AndyCorsaSport

30th Mar 07 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always wondered that if you smooth the plastic arches, how do you attatch the bumper on the corners?

Looks mint that, love the spoiler smoothed in, whats it look like at the top?
mwg

30th Mar 07 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Corsa - Through Its Changes (Pg26 - Bye Bye) 24 database queries in 0.1977811 seconds