corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Ooopsie...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ooopsie...
PaulW

User status: Offline
14th Nov 06 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CybermonkeyYes, Sony have spent hundreds of millions on this, it will surely fail because PaulW has a bigger e-Penis

unless you research into these things and study them, dont try and argue against things just because the 'big sony' say so...

end of the day, cell is a super computer cpu packaged in a games console which it was not originally designed for.
Cybermonkey

14th Nov 06 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
quote:
Originally posted by CybermonkeyYes, Sony have spent hundreds of millions on this, it will surely fail because PaulW has a bigger e-Penis

unless you research into these things and study them, dont try and argue against things just because the 'big sony' say so...

end of the day, cell is a super computer cpu packaged in a games console which it was not originally designed for.

WTF where has that been mentioned in the wonderful world of Paul? the cell can work just as well as the xbox powerpc chip can, with multithreading cores doing seperate tasks. the cell is a peek into the gaming future where greater emphasis will be placed on AI and game physics. its future-ready, and will eventually leave the 360 trailing in terms of software performance

[Edited on 14-11-2006 by Cybermonkey]
Nath

14th Nov 06 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would anyone want to play shitty old games on their new console anyway? Also, surely if you have PS2 games you have a PS2? Whats the problem? The fact my 360 doesn't easily play my old Xbox games doesn't bother me, if I were that bothered i'd just turn my old Xbox on.
Cybermonkey

14th Nov 06 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly nath...
--Dave--
Banned

14th Nov 06 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

listen to you lot arguing about what console is better like being back at school ffs.

At the end of the day it's down to whether the developers can make full use of the hardware for both consoles and bring us quality games.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Nov 06 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Why would anyone want to play shitty old games on their new console anyway? Also, surely if you have PS2 games you have a PS2? Whats the problem? The fact my 360 doesn't easily play my old Xbox games doesn't bother me, if I were that bothered i'd just turn my old Xbox on.

yes quite true, im just saying that cybermonkey seems the think the ps3 is a lot faster hardware than the 360 which is isnt, im not saying the 360 is better im ssaying they are pretty much equal
Steve
Premium Member

14th Nov 06 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
listen to you lot arguing about what console is better like being back at school ffs.

At the end of the day it's down to whether the developers can make full use of the hardware for both consoles and bring us quality games.

again its easier for programmers to develop for the 360
--Dave--
Banned

14th Nov 06 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know that Steve doesn't necessarily mean they will bring us the better games though.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Nov 06 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope..
--Dave--
Banned

14th Nov 06 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I for one will not be purchasing a PS3 though. Simply can't afford it and I think the 360 will hold its own very well.
Nath

14th Nov 06 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
I for one will not be purchasing a PS3 though. Simply can't afford it and I think the 360 will hold its own very well.

Same here. I'm more than happy with my 360 and the PS3 will have to be fucking amazing for me to even think about spending £400+ on one.
mwg

14th Nov 06 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll probably buy a PS3. Just cos I have a PS2 at the moment and the PS3 will have Gran Turismo. That is all I need from a console Dont understand and dont care about the ins and outs of who's wankel turbo monkey powered processor has more power yada yada yada.
John

14th Nov 06 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo ps3 or 360 will come down to the extras like xbox live, downloading films and content, game play etc.

There is no point nitpicking over graphics and processing power because they are as good as equal.
--Dave--
Banned

14th Nov 06 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree
topshot_2k
Banned

14th Nov 06 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and lets face it xbox live is superb fun
Steve
Premium Member

14th Nov 06 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going to go mad in a minute
John

14th Nov 06 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One thing I forgot about the ps3.

You can install linux.

That will be massive.

Thats a hefty bit of media center kit for 400 quid or whatever imo.
ed

14th Nov 06 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I've only got one scart plug on the TV
John

14th Nov 06 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No point buying a ps3 or xbox without an hd tv and in the case of a ps3 you should be using hdmi.
Dom

14th Nov 06 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
One thing I forgot about the ps3.

You can install linux.

That will be massive.

Thats a hefty bit of media center kit for 400 quid or whatever imo.

The old xbox could do this though (in one form or another) - but i thought sony had locked down the consoles like microsoft have done with the 360?

Eitherway, i wont be buying one - they've wasted far too much time and money on something that is equivalent to a console that was released a year ago. They've had an extra year yet the specs are almost identical to what they were going to release back then, i would have thought they would have beefed it up to have an edge over microsoft!

Still, i'll leave it until middle next year before buying either a 360/PS3 - see how it all pans out, as like said, games currently are only using small amounts of processing power, so would be a wasted buying one if the other turns out to be better etc

And spunky, both systems are pretty much equal - there are differences obviously and it did seem odd they used a Cell, but if it works for sony and they are getting similar power then no need to change
ed

14th Nov 06 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's interesting how these consoles could be classed as super computers
Nath

14th Nov 06 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
I've only got one scart plug on the TV

Buy a new TV
ed

14th Nov 06 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na, I don't even use it, it's at home now still in it's box
Cybermonkey

15th Nov 06 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
It's interesting how these consoles could be classed as super computers