corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » who's getting Gears Of War?

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author who's getting Gears Of War?
mk4_astra

User status: Offline
21st Nov 06 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone else have problems connecting to nearly half the games when playing online?

p.s when you can get connected this game is awsome online
RyanSxi

21st Nov 06 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve, i feel your suffering.

well i don't bcos ive played this and u havn't....
Steve
Premium Member

21st Nov 06 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RyanSxi

21st Nov 06 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't tell me u still havn't got this. if i had any money i'd buy it for u. not playing this game is just unhumane!
Steve
Premium Member

21st Nov 06 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats it better than? cod3?
RyanSxi

21st Nov 06 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havn't played cod3 so dunno lol
--Dave--
Banned

21st Nov 06 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haven't played COD3 so can't comment. I imagine it is though

I now deep underground in the mines. There's some serious shit going down
Steve
Premium Member

21st Nov 06 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it scary? good fx?
--Dave--
Banned

21st Nov 06 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah some parts are quite scary, especially when going through the factory on your way down to the mines. Pipes bursting, creatures jumping through windows etc...

The music is good too and builds up when you go into battle

I was playing co-op with a mate and there's one level where if you step in the shadows these creatures (called The Krell) attack and kill you.

I ran through the shadows and just managed to get under a lamppost where there was some light. He tried it and got attacked Turned out that he had to stay where he was whilst I went into a house and found a spotlight. I then aimed it at him so that he didn't die There's loads of cool things like that in the game to keep you amused.
--Dave--
Banned

21st Nov 06 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should hear it on a 5.1 surround sound system as well some of the creatures make a really weird screaming/gargling noise not nice when you hear one behind you.
--Dave--
Banned

21st Nov 06 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and then there's the level where it's raining I spent about 20 minutes just running around looking at rocks and stuff the graphics are amazing.

I'll stop going on about this now
RyanSxi

21st Nov 06 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some bits really make u think aswell. like wen u have to figure out how to kill a berzerker (sp) as most guns don't work
Steve
Premium Member

21st Nov 06 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell me more good stuff? is there much thought process or puzzles? or just run and shoot?
Mark1984_SRI

21st Nov 06 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're going to be critical you'd say the plot is a bit simple (not much in-depth story). The enemy AI is amazing, if you're in a building in cover, shooting out, they'll try and flank you, storm into the room and use cover very well themselves. This is ace as it makes you panic, theyre not simple AI that run in circles, they WILL strategically try and kill you which serves to put you're nerves on edge. Some of the creatures you encounter are ace. One example of this is when you first meet the berserker, it's huge and i bet it scared everyone when they walked down that corridor but i won't spoil it for you Steve The gfx have a truly next gen feel to them and the framerate is so fluid, there's NO jerkiness or glitching which is top. This is by far the best game on your 360 so far and will be a classic, now go and trade cod3 and get it

[Edited on 21-11-2006 by Mark1984_SRI]
Steve
Premium Member

21st Nov 06 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now one thing about cod3 i didnt like was if shooting a load of germans they would keep reappearing until you moved on a bit. I mean i couldve sat there all day and all year shooting them but they would keep reappearing until i moved onwards a bit.

Is this the same?
RyanSxi

21st Nov 06 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
now one thing about cod3 i didnt like was if shooting a load of germans they would keep reappearing until you moved on a bit. I mean i couldve sat there all day and all year shooting them but they would keep reappearing until i moved onwards a bit.

Is this the same?

nope, odd ones may appear from nowhere (not sure what they are claled but the little fast things) but say u get to a gate etc where u need to open. no enemies will appear untill u move on
--Dave--
Banned

21st Nov 06 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope nothing like that Steve from what I've seen. There is a limit on how many baddies there are in an area. When you've whiped them out you'll hear a guitar rift type thing which means the area is clear and you can move on.

Agree with Mark as well on his points.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Nov 06 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so is it just run and shoot? whats the aim of the game? to wipe out all infidels from the Al Jazeera Network?
--Dave--
Banned

21st Nov 06 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are so many cool things about this game Steve and I wouldn't want to spoil the experience for you. Here are some of my fave bits though.

Pumping a whole clip into an enemy and seeing them fly backwards from the force if you empty the lot into their chest. If you hit their legs they'll just drop to the floor.

Taking someone's head off with the sniper rifle or a close shotgun blast seeing it burst like a watermelon.

Shooting propane tanks so they ignite and give you enough light to progress through the level so you don't get mauled by The Krell

And doing a perfect reload not only is the sound effect cool but you're character will sometimes say something that just makes you think, this game is awesome you get a quick damage boost as well.
Mark1984_SRI

21st Nov 06 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my experience no, there are certain points where you have to clear the enemies on screen but you never get an endless amount, once you've killed the enemies on screen that's it. The whole game has a natural progression feel to it. The better you get you utilise your skills, like i realised i could reload quicker, and if i did this i gave more damage with my first shot, which is cool. The cover system is really effective and works well once you get the hang of it. When i first played this game it felt really alien to me as it is different from anything else, after an hour or so the controls etc. just feel natural which is good. This game makes you feel like you're right in the action, there'll be times when it makes you panic, and there'll be satisfying moments like picking off enemies with a head shot with the sniper rifle, or using the chainsaw This game is a must have... simple as that.
p.s. sorry for the essay but i just wish you'd go and get the game ffs
Steve
Premium Member

21st Nov 06 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it gory then? is it an 18? i best take my id
--Dave--
Banned

21st Nov 06 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it's an 18.

I think the cover system works really well. You can blind shoot from under cover (where you just stick your gun over the top or round the side of a door and fire rounds off). It's not very accurate though.

Moving from cover to cover is cool. You can dive from cover and in some places to a SWAT turn which looks cool

Mark is right, there's not much story/plot involved. It's all fairly basic, but it doesn't need to be complex.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Nov 06 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it better than doom2
--Dave--
Banned

21st Nov 06 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and if by gory you mean blood splattering all over the camera when you chop someones in half with the chainsaw bayonet then yes
Steve
Premium Member

21st Nov 06 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can youy cut there foreskins off?

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll