corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Buy to let mortgages

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buy to let mortgages
Fee

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 07 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Good idea Adam, look into that.

How will capital gains affect it? I thought it came into play on larger amounts? Flats not worth that much, 70k or so.

Your main residence is exempt, but you will pay CGT on any profit made from any additional properties owned
You get an 8k a year allowance though....but still a 40% tax bill is a big deduction
we're keeping every single receipt we get on the aberdeen flat so that eventually we will be able to deduct the money spent on it from the profit made, and because it is in joint names we get 16k exemption
John_C

22nd Oct 07 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from april nxt yr capital gain will be flat rate of 18%

would benefit anyone who has owned a property less than 3 years
Fee

23rd Oct 07 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit...I didn't know about that....that's pretty darn good...well, not good, but better than it was

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/pbr2007/pbrn17.pdf
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Oct 07 at 03:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just re the 'renting is dead money' comment.

My mortgage is hundreds of pounds larger than the rental for this flat would be.

So basically I'm paying half as much again to say its mine.

Prices have risen but they're not selling, ie. they have not risen until they sell. When you consider the costs to sell if I decide to do so, I'm probably down after all is said and done.

Renting in my case may have worked out cheaper.

Call it what you like, ultimate it is a cost to live somewhere and your money should be with the cheaper one, not the one which you consider to have a bad name.

Property appreciating is not the done deal it used to be, especially in this climate. There's a lot to be said for being out of the game if I'm honest.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll