corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England 'v' Macedonia Official Thread Sponsored by JVC

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author England 'v' Macedonia Official Thread Sponsored by JVC
carnoisseurcraig

User status: Offline
7th Oct 06 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats up with England just now.... you dont seem to have much drive.... you need more owen hargreaves in the team.... i think to many players thought that today was gonna be a walk over.

Couple that by a storming defensive display by Macedonia, even still, you should be brushing them aside with ease
Robbo

7th Oct 06 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One word... POOR!

Every single player was rubbish today!

But heads up and lets go get something in Croatia!
mav

7th Oct 06 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o-o poor...
Marc

8th Oct 06 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a boring match! I don't think I saw one bit of truely good football or any shots that looked like they were going to go in! Agreed, it was a poor performance.

Also the pub stopped serving food so I never got my bangers and mash
Carl

8th Oct 06 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my opinion is, Drop lampard, put Steve Gerrard in the centre. Gerrard was out of position all night which fucked the shape up, Lampard looked lazy, just no movement in midfield, I'd be fucked off if i was G Nev after all the running he had to do.
Mclaren should have changed it around a bit more, it was clear to see nothing was happening.
Russ

8th Oct 06 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
my opinion is, Drop lampard, put Steve Gerrard in the centre. Gerrard was out of position all night which fucked the shape up, Lampard looked lazy, just no movement in midfield, I'd be fucked off if i was G Nev after all the running he had to do.
Mclaren should have changed it around a bit more, it was clear to see nothing was happening.
gerrard thinks hes in charge, wonders round all over the shop, he being played on the right wing, and he was NEVER there, drop the pair of wankers imo
J da Silva

8th Oct 06 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's Lampard or Gerrard, they can't play together it doesn't work.
He's got the right idea with a holding midfielder but he's compensating for it by sticking Gerrard on a wing, no need to, just stick Lampard or Gerrard on the bench and have a tradesman right winger on the right.
Carl

8th Oct 06 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
It's Lampard or Gerrard, they can't play together it doesn't work.
He's got the right idea with a holding midfielder but he's compensating for it by sticking Gerrard on a wing, no need to, just stick Lampard or Gerrard on the bench and have a tradesman right winger on the right.

i agree, the loss of shape is just having a detrimental effect to the rest of the game.
J da Silva

8th Oct 06 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not only is it making the right midfield area vulnerable, it's sapping energy from Gary Neville by having to compensate for it, thus meaning any good manager who oppose England will tell his left back to push on and overlap the left winger, neville will die.
Nath

8th Oct 06 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by carnoisseurcraig
Whats up with England just now.... you dont seem to have much drive.... you need more owen hargreaves in the team.... i think to many players thought that today was gonna be a walk over.

Couple that by a storming defensive display by Macedonia, even still, you should be brushing them aside with ease

True, but we always stumble at some stage. Notorious for making things look harder then they should be.

[Edited on 08-10-2006 by Nath]
Cosmo

8th Oct 06 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, its Gerrard or Lampard in the middle. Forcing Gerrard to play on the right as he did for Liverpool wont work, as he was allowed to come in and be the play maker behind the front two then...it doesnt look like the team is set-up to allow him to with England.

Two out and out wingers (Cole on left, SWP or Pennant on the right) with Gerrard or Lampard in the middle with a holding midfield man.
Robbo

8th Oct 06 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simple really...

Beckham/SWP/LENNON Gerrard Hargreves J.Cole

SO SIMPLE!!!
MarkM

8th Oct 06 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lampard is fucking awful...once again he had a mediocre game and did nothing...

He wants dropping so Gerrard can play in the centre...it pisses me off that probably our best player gets played constantly out of position to compensate for fat frank...

As for Russ....what a stupid comment saying Gerrard thinks he is in charge...SG can take a game by the scruff of its neck if allowed to...Lampard cant...

Gerrard tried to make things happen...if he was played CM instead of fat frank England would be a much stronger side...I agree with the shout for Lennon on the wing...Gerrard in the middle with a holding player and J Cole or Downing on the left...

although I think Downing is still quite a way from being England class
Carl

8th Oct 06 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also i still dont rate Crouch, he changes the mentality of the team too, the ball gets aimed at him far too many times for my liking.
MarkM

8th Oct 06 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
also i still dont rate Crouch, he changes the mentality of the team too, the ball gets aimed at him far too many times for my liking.

Its not his fault...

In an ideal world he wouldnt start...it would be Rooney and Owen probably...with Crouch coming on in the last 20 to change a game if needed...

But injuries means he basically is the only alternative at the moment...
MarkM

8th Oct 06 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He had chances yesterday too which he could have put away...and he creates chances for others with his presence...

Marc

8th Oct 06 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definatley missing the Owen of old, I'm not sure if he'll ever return to how he used to be though
MarkM

8th Oct 06 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Definatley missing the Owen of old, I'm not sure if he'll ever return to how he used to be though

To be honest he hasnt been the same for years...defenders have sussed him out...his pace is rapidly dissapearing and that is 75% of his game...

However he does bang them in...but will he when he comes back? We will see...

Robbo

8th Oct 06 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Owen will not start again IMO!!
MarkM

8th Oct 06 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he has "lost it"...

But there isnt anyone to come in at the moment...
Robbo

8th Oct 06 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Crouch!
MarkM

8th Oct 06 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
I think Crouch!

I meant like for like with Owen...

Andy Johnson looks a good premiership player and can finish...just I dont think hia all-round game is good enough at international level..

Defoe is the same...good finisher..but need to improve his all-round game...

One thing that can be said about Owen is he was a big game player and always scored in important games..

But the goal stats cant be ignored and Crouch is the current man in form for England...
Cavey

8th Oct 06 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Johnson and Bent are the only real in-form english strikers at the moment, but from what i've seen when they've played for England, they're not really up to the task.

tbh, the whole team played badly yesterday (as they have done previously against Macedonia.. 1-0 away, 2-2 at home a few years back)

Wednesday will be when i make any comments on the team i think, gonna be a tough test, but England seem to play better against better teams.

Saying that Downing was frankly awful yesterday, and shouldn't be in the team, its just because he's supposed to have a left foot. And will agree that Lampard was pretty poor as well.

Crouch did OK but should be setting people up instead of shooting from the byline.
Cavey

8th Oct 06 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, i'll get slated for this, but i think if Ashton can get some form when he's back that he might be challenging Crouch for that position.

He's better in the air, arguably stronger, and better with both feet

I M O
MarkM

8th Oct 06 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey

Saying that Downing was frankly awful yesterday, and shouldn't be in the team, its just because he's supposed to have a left foot. And will agree that Lampard was pretty poor as well.

He looks short when it comes to quality...he doesnt beat a man as much as he should...like the likes of Lennon who roasts defenders...

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England 'v' Macedonia Official Thread Sponsored by JVC 23 database queries in 0.1903028 seconds