corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Nokia N95

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nokia N95
John

User status: Offline
27th Nov 06 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nokias have always been the best without question.

The fact that EVERYBODY has a nokia charger is also brilliant. (Yes I know the new nokias use a smaller adapter)
drunkenfool

27th Nov 06 at 02:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im still gonna get the N95 I reckon, I broke my N90 by getting it SOAKED with sea water when it was in my pocket on the sea front in a storm It all works fine now though apart from the flash which is quite suprising!
Matt H

28th Nov 06 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on Mr Jambo, show your love for Nokia...
ssj_kakarot

28th Nov 06 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nokia's really aint that good, there just amazingly popular never seen the reason.

the operating system is very flawed, much prefair my vario 2, which does all of the things listed from the first phone and isnt the size of a house (minus the 5megapixel camera) but it wins hands down as its got windows.

ow doensnt come with built in gps but i just bought a tiny blue tooth one that clips onto the back.

Jambo

28th Nov 06 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought an n80

Good phone, batt life is shocking tho

Very slow at doing well anything but its good Enjoying it so far as was dissapointed with the p990 and wanted something smartphoney but not huge
John

28th Nov 06 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot

Not the size of a house
Jambo

28th Nov 06 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not that big john.
Dom

28th Nov 06 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
its not that big john.

isn't that small either Thought about getting one, but you look like a complete tosser holding something the size of a DS/Gamboy to your ear And it runs windows, which just has many problems as Symbian does.

Still though, the N95 looks good - i agree the N80 (and the likes) are a bit big, but they are all pretty impressive, i'll get the N95 if the battery life issues have been sorted as like Jambo said the N80 is pretty shocking
Jambo

28th Nov 06 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.5days, didnt make more than 2 5min phone calls and sent about 50txts

Lasted 1.5days

Dom i used to have an m2000 which is twice the size of that device and it doesnt look that bad when you hold it to your face! It was flat too so holding it in your pocket was ok. Only get one unless you really want pda functionality as otherwise its useless
Dom

28th Nov 06 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, the battery is a complete joke which is unfortunate as i was looking to get one, but apparently the wifi/bluetooth is the killer on the phone

Not sure about the PDA style phones, there pretty useful (internet, GPS etc) but evertime i go to hold one up to my ear i just look like a geek - maybe a bluetooth headset would cure that....

eitherway, i'll wait to the N95 as see what the reviews say, until then my trusty 6600 will have to do
ssj_kakarot

28th Nov 06 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
its not that big john.

isn't that small either Thought about getting one, but you look like a complete tosser holding something the size of a DS/Gamboy to your ear And it runs windows, which just has many problems as Symbian does.

Still though, the N95 looks good - i agree the N80 (and the likes) are a bit big, but they are all pretty impressive, i'll get the N95 if the battery life issues have been sorted as like Jambo said the N80 is pretty shocking

no it really isnt that big its like half the size of a ds and not as thick, sorry but symbian phones do not compare in any way to windows mobile phones, in terms of software, issues, usuability ect
Jambo

28th Nov 06 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree with ssj there, not a patch on them.

But tbh they arent a patch on the phone that a nokia is

You cant win!

Held the N95 its lighter than an n80 and its bigger, was a demo model and the rep wouldnt let us switch it on so not see nthe software but shell looks good. felt solid

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll