corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Image of Southends new stadium

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Image of Southends new stadium
Cosmo

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 06 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And 22k will mean other events are more than likely going to be there (concerts and what not!)
GREG 1

2nd Oct 06 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
And 22k will mean other events are more than likely going to be there (concerts and what not!)

Apparently they are already planning that
Nath

2nd Oct 06 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GREG 1
Nath, couldn't agree more it was changed last min from 15,000 to 22,000.

I know totally what you mean BUT all you have to do is get a big team in a cup, get promoted or a local derby and they seats will be filled.

IMO id rather us go for the 22 than the 15 "just incase"

What is your average gate though? Look at Wigan, they are in the Premiership and can't sell their seats, even though they are at the highest domestic level. 8,000 tickets were given away to Wigan Warriors Season Ticket Holders at their last home game. Agreed though that 15k isn't enough.
GREG 1

2nd Oct 06 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you mean Nath BUT if we was in the Premiership we would attract all the west ham fans, arsenal and chelsea and all the floaters.

Averaging around 8k id say
Danny P

2nd Oct 06 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best to go a bit bigger IMO.

Our stadium holds 25,000. We average about 11,000 for each home game (not bad for a little place like Huddersfield in the the 3rd Division) but when were doing well all the glory hunters come down ( ) and we easily get 17,000/18,000. If we were playing Championship football and playing say L**ds we'd sell out no problem. Might as well go a bit bigger, saves adding to it at a later stage and at a bigger cost.
Cosmo

2nd Oct 06 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P

Our stadium holds 25,000. We average about 11,000 for each home game (not bad for a little place like Huddersfield in the the 3rd Division) but when were doing well all the glory hunters come down ( ) and we easily get 17,000/18,000. If we were playing Championship football and playing say L**ds we'd sell out no problem. Might as well go a bit bigger, saves adding to it at a later stage and at a bigger cost.

you should be happy the glory supporters are coming to games if you've got empty seats. Will only mean more revenue for your team so they can strengthen the squad (or finances, etc.)
Marc

2nd Oct 06 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whenever York do well people flock down, when they lose you just get the real fans down. I'm not a real fan, I just go when I feel like it!
Danny P

2nd Oct 06 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Danny P

you should be happy the glory supporters are coming to games if you've got empty seats. Will only mean more revenue for your team so they can strengthen the squad (or finances, etc.)

In all honesty mate I'd rather they stayed at home. I hate it when I see people at "big games" who reckon on they support us. Would much rather have a ground with people who are 100% passionate than full of cunts who are just hangers on.

Agree that we could do with the money though, maybe they should put um all in one stand out of the way
Jamie Walby

5th Oct 06 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey Luigi,

Cheers for the add and all the support you have given me over the years, without that it wouldn't be possible.

Keep it safe
G
mav

6th Oct 06 at 05:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think that Stadium looks good and different

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Image of Southends new stadium 23 database queries in 0.0097430 seconds