corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Index page1 Monster rebuild update BREAKING FOR PARTS!!!! SEE PAGE 1 FOR ADVERT LINK

New Poll
  <<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Index page1 Monster rebuild update BREAKING FOR PARTS!!!! SEE PAGE 1 FOR ADVERT LINK
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Jan 07 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried uploading the pic, it was tiny, again
broster
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill do it when i get home, leaving soon.
broster
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not the best of pics as they were done with my phone, but you can see the difference by looking at the caps then looking at the shinyness of the block.

basically have polished the block inside, this will make the oil return faster to the oil pick up, i have also had the oil ways in the block polished to make the oil flow faster.

the caps are being beed blasted and the block is being bored and decked as we speak and some heavy duty bearings sized up.... when this is all complete and my new bits arrive tomorrow the bottom end will all be rebalanced again together (all parts are individually balanced from factory)

another benifit of the block being polished like this is the block is now stronger, less stress points.

anyway, piccies:

i think its pretty cool in a "you need to get out more" kind of way!

[Edited on 24-01-2007 by broster]
Robin
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jr

24th Jan 07 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry didnt reply to the MMS, but its in a strange way
broster
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
sorry didnt reply to the MMS, but its in a strange way

bitch
jr

24th Jan 07 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had better thingss to do than look at how much faster your gonna be than me
broster
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha, your is lighter so therefore must be easier to push..........
AK

24th Jan 07 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hope you'd have enough oil in your sump to not need this interior engine bling! 'Make the oil return faster to the pickup' Surely that just your excuse
broster
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reving to 10.5k, dry sump, its going to use alot of oil....... with standard oil pump at 8.5k the oil pressure dropped like a stone. so now im doing as much as possible to make sure i get oil and it gets to the good bits as soon as it can.

obviously it probably would be ok if i didnt have this done, but for the cost its not worth not doing.

and yes it looks funky and i can tell people the inside of my engine is shinier than theirs!

[Edited on 24-01-2007 by broster]
jr

24th Jan 07 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH mark is only intrested in the last point really
broster
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
TBH mark is only intrested in the last point really

you have been in my car and seen it on the outside, you really think im interested in it being clean........
Robin
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you used to be a right bufty ponce.
broster
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

massivly so
Greasemonkey

24th Jan 07 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you going to do about the oil pump then, surely you cannot rist it knowing that the pressure is going to drop at 8.5K and then run it up to 10.5K, promise me i can witness the noise of this engine at 10.5K end of feb, ya got my number haha
broster
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a dry sump kit dude.... new oil pump
Scotty C

25th Jan 07 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SOOOOO jelous!!
broster
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 12:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new bits arrived, pics when i get home again.... they look so very good tho
Marc

25th Jan 07 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you really going to see any benefits from this?
ed

25th Jan 07 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to work out how much pressure is going to be on the block coming from the crank shaft when it is rotating at 10k/min. I would say that with the fly wheel on it and the pistons and rods attached the figure would be into the tonnes.
broster
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, stronger block and better oil return. as i said earlier, for what its cost me it wasnt worth not doing, just in case! the engine has everything else sorted on it so its be rude not to treat it to this little luxery!
broster
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 13:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
You need to work out how much pressure is going to be on the block coming from the crank shaft when it is rotating at 10k/min. I would say that with the fly wheel on it and the pistons and rods attached the figure would be into the tonnes.

hence i have got the lightest possible bits to go on it that i can afford, and itll all be balanced together. the caps will be bead blasted for that little extra too
Marc

25th Jan 07 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
yeah, stronger block and better oil return. as i said earlier, for what its cost me it wasnt worth not doing, just in case! the engine has everything else sorted on it so its be rude not to treat it to this little luxery!

Well when you put it like that!
broster
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

latest purchases:

lightweight ally flywheel, 3.8kg

comparison:

new bottom pulley:

old:

new:

comparison:

new crank sensor:

gropu shot

all good!
Robin
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where were they from?

<<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Index page1 Monster rebuild update BREAKING FOR PARTS!!!! SEE PAGE 1 FOR ADVERT LINK 23 database queries in 0.2181258 seconds