corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How to get the upper hand on a VTS

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to get the upper hand on a VTS
STEvieXE

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 06 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no corsa will puch a vts out of the way in a corner...
Rileysport

3rd Aug 06 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ry_B
quote:
Originally posted by ricky1989
try using bp optimax fuel, read it in a magasine the other day gives about another 5bhp in the tests..... strange i know but true..... try it n see... but its more expensive

In cars designed to run on a higher RON, yes. Eg Japanese cars, usually turbo'd, Scoobies, Evo's and the like.

not wrong, my sx hates normal unleaded
starkie

3rd Aug 06 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieN.I.
no corsa will puch a vts out of the way in a corner...

will if you dont brake
matt_aka_smiler

3rd Aug 06 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

inlet and a remap as others have said but there still a lighter car it just means u should keep up with him better am i ritght in sayin this?
mitch2

4th Aug 06 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get bigger brakes, so you can brake later into corners.
It isn't that expensive to put a 2litre into a corner. You can get the engine mounts from lee mitchell or out the back of total vauxhall. Get mk 2 cav inner CV's and search on this site for wiring info. Shouldn't cost that much to do.
Fad

4th Aug 06 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to beat a VTS with a 1.6 your not going to do it with just an inlet as they are quite nippy and can hit a standing quarter in under 15 secs with minimal mods.

To even get close to a VTS your looking at inlet, cams, headwork and a set up ad even then i dont think you'd beat it....lot of money involed and trust me you 16xe will become unreliable too. Just keep the car and buy something better when you can
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

4th Aug 06 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how it become unreliable?

Ive been running my x16xe on throttle bodies for 12k miles. not had any problems whatsoever, it also regluarly sees over 8000 rpm.

imo a standard x16xe is far less reliable than a modded one, less to go wrong.
Fad

4th Aug 06 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
how it become unreliable?

Ive been running my x16xe on throttle bodies for 12k miles. not had any problems whatsoever, it also regluarly sees over 8000 rpm.

imo a standard x16xe is far less reliable than a modded one, less to go wrong.

Soon as you start tunning any engine you leaving them bounderies of saftey which many a manufacturer sticks to, to ensure reliability. Sure enough it will run but surely its common sense the extra bhp/strain reduces the life of components on an engine?

My old 1.4 16v was tunned and that was the biggest mistake i made, it over fueled, leaked oil everywhere and didnt like cold starting and really wasnt what i would call reliable. Another example take JR's engine that hardly ever got driven and even that decided to break and this was built by Owen deveopments who are highly regarded tuners....reliability is when you can drive a car every day not have to worry about anything and not have to spend obcene amounts of money on it.

So what you've done 12 k miles not exactly intergalactic miles is it? And you can honestly say nothing what so ever has gone wrong? I bet you my bottom dollar something will go wrong especially if its used every day.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

5th Aug 06 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad

My old 1.4 16v was tunned and that was the biggest mistake i made, it over fueled, leaked oil everywhere and didnt like cold starting and really wasnt what i would call reliable.

it depends on the quality of the work and the components used.

overfuelling is due to a badly set-up engine
oil leak is due to a faulty component
cold start problems are usually due to the fuelling map being incorrect or sensor being faulty

as with anything, if its done properly it will last, and be reliable.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll