corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » changing the mileage - genuine reason

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author changing the mileage - genuine reason
dazbircher

User status: Offline
16th Jul 06 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this will probably sound dodgy to pretty much everyone and im sure a few of you are against the idea of changing a cars mileage.

however, i removed my dials to change the colour of them, change colour of pins etc, left it on a shelf at the top of the stairs, had a few mates round for a drink and it got knocked off and one of the dumbasses stepped on it and well lets just says its no more.

ive got a new set of dials now from the scrappy but need to wind the mileage back to meet my actual car miles, how do i go about doing this?
dazbircher

17th Jul 06 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need an answer people
mwg

17th Jul 06 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could try taking the speedo apart then tap the metal pin out that goes through the mileage numbers and then resetting the miles to whatever mileage it is that you want then put the pin back in?

Or take the glass off the speedo and try to turn the numbers round?

There is a way to do it, cant remember what it is though so I'm just guessing.
Slammed_Corsa

17th Jul 06 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take the glass of and you can move the numbers with a small precision screwdriver
Ben ev

17th Jul 06 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the back there is a series of white ring gear one for each number on the dial. use a screw driver and they will click round accordingly without much pressure but be carefull not to break it.

New Poll