corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Whats leaking oil? (Pics Inc.)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whats leaking oil? (Pics Inc.)
freestylerx

User status: Offline
9th Jul 06 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just jetted under the bonnet to see where oil is leakin from, and it seems to be leaking from the part, next to the sump, just after exhaust.

Its hard to see from the pics, but image crawling under the car from front, its the part right in center, that attaches to gearbox, its comming from the middle of the part where its screwed on and attached together, maybe a gasket ??

Any help is appriciated
Thanks
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

9th Jul 06 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what type of oil? gearbox or engine?
freestylerx

9th Jul 06 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure on the type of oil, and its only a 1.0l not sure what its called but if ya look on 2nd pic, its that large part, not sure if its gearbox ?? i dont really know what im lookin at and that 2nd pic is best way to show you
mitch2

10th Jul 06 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the part you have circled is the flywheel. It could be the sump. It could be the rear crankseal. What colour and smell is the oil. Compare the smell to the oil in the rocker. The gearbox oil should be a red colour when new.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

10th Jul 06 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres no flywheel in that pic!

its where the gearbox joins the block. it could be gearbox oil leaking from the driveshaft oil seal and dripping down to this point or engine oil from the crank seal. could also be from the rocker gasket and leaking down and dripping off there.

is the oil black or gold? black is ebgine, gold is g.box
abdus

10th Jul 06 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
theres no flywheel in that pic!

its where the gearbox joins the block. it could be gearbox oil leaking from the driveshaft oil seal and dripping down to this point or engine oil from the crank seal. could also be from the rocker gasket and leaking down and dripping off there.

is the oil black or gold? black is ebgine, gold is g.box

agree...i had very same problems some time back:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=292137
freestylerx

10th Jul 06 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edit: Picture from elsewhere in this forum, not mine

This looks like my problem, and yes, its the gearbox where the oil seems be coming from, when it joins onto...something
It doesnt look like its coming from any higher up and drippin down, definatly coming from the very bottom part, when i run my finger over it you can see.

Shall get it looked at, at weekend

[Edited on 10-07-2006 by freestylerx]

[Edited on 10-07-2006 by freestylerx]

New Poll