corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » LMF Vauxhall deception- shoot aftersales service

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LMF Vauxhall deception- shoot aftersales service
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Jun 06 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they didnt. they've been selling them cheap though
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

28th Jun 06 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

send them a link to this post. if they see they are getting bad press they will soon sort it for you.

usually they are an A1 company, ive bought 50+ orders from them and never had a problem.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Jun 06 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by abdus
when I received it, 2 or 3 of the right angled clips that goes on the bumper was broken/damaged, i didnt care but installed it...
So you received it broken, fitted it, then decided to complain afterwards?

Warrenty claim would be appropriate if the product is defective, like not moulded correctly or failed through a manufacturing defect - its not - its broken through damage.

This should have been refused on delivery, not fitted for a bit until you changed your mind.
abdus

28th Jun 06 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, the small clips don't cause a big problem while fitting, there are plenty of them...That's y I passed on that one...what actually broke/damaged are the vertical strenghtening bits across the slats...not all but some of them...this does decrease the grille strength as compared to the small clips ...

Everything was fine when I called the first time, then I don't know how they came back with that attittude...

Well, bad display from them really...esp how they hang up the phone and be rude...Sorry, I would have liked the problem sorted out, but not like that...

They want £35, take it, I don't care, but at least be professional and keep to your words...simple

[Edited on 28-06-2006 by abdus]
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Jun 06 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm quite sure you shouldn't fit it if its damaged, then complain when it gets more damaged when you've used it.

Everything has been fine as under their legal obligation they should supply goods which are fit for purpose, which if that had failed prematurely in use it is not.

If its just broken though - thats not a valid claim. Did they explicitly indicate that they were going to pay the postage back regardless of the outcome of the claim?
Mase
Premium Member

28th Jun 06 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have to agree with the majority here, in that, they are one of the best companies i have bought car parts from. Having said that, you will always get cases like this and to be fair i agree with Ian, that if it was even slightly damaged from the outset, it should have been sent back then.

Did you tell them that it was already damaged when you recieved it as this could have had something to do with their decesion not to replace it.

Mase
abdus

28th Jun 06 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, the salesman did state that whatever the outcome, they will post back the grille, this is what really annoys me, why change their mind later?

For me, the damage has not been caused by the small clips, why is it that only the inner partts are broken...anyway, at least they can send back the item...as they promised...

abdus

28th Jun 06 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mase5

Did you tell them that it was already damaged when you recieved it as this could have had something to do with their decesion not to replace it.

Yes, that was done the very first time I called them, they apologised but I said that everything was fine, well fitted, until the point the inner parts broke...

I'm not even complaining that they did not replace it, but at least send it back...as stated by the salesman...Now they want this in writing, that the salesman said it...Bad display and totally dishonest in my opinion...

BTW, I didnt change my mind I made up my mind when the parts were broken...
Poor...

abdus

28th Jun 06 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here's a pic I have just before I sent back the grille:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/4472/P1000135.JPG

If I knew they would act silly like that, I wouldn't bother sending the grille for inspection, it looks fine but only problem is that it is not strong enough

Fad

28th Jun 06 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutting to hear you have had a bad experience as this could of happend to anyone.

I personally havent had a problem with LMF and they clearly have a good reputation reading the posts above but evidently something has gone wrong and people need to stop undermining this situation. If you have had a good experience with LMF fair enough, but does not mean abdus has. I think your well within yor rights to be pissed off as by the accounts written above this shows poor customer care and very unprofessional business conduct.

[Edited on 28-06-2006 by Fad]
abdus

28th Jun 06 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, i wished I could get the same service as most here..anyway £35 doesnt end the world...Need to move on

Car front is gaping at the moment...need to get another grille...
Jake

28th Jun 06 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check out classified, was a bloke offering discount to cs members on those grills. Was under 20quid.
Jake

28th Jun 06 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=293220
abdus

28th Jun 06 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it a good grille?
Jake

28th Jun 06 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

better than the one lmf currently possesses.
Joe

28th Jun 06 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good excuse to get a Steinmetz one

abdus

28th Jun 06 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was thinking same

a bit priced though need to look for a bargain on ebay

abdus

28th Jun 06 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
better than the one lmf currently possesses.

ah ok...good then...
ainsley_brader

28th Jun 06 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Gutting to hear you have had a bad experience as this could of happend to anyone.

I personally havent had a problem with LMF and they clearly have a good reputation reading the posts above but evidently something has gone wrong and people need to stop undermining this situation. If you have had a good experience with LMF fair enough, but does not mean abdus has. I think your well within yor rights to be pissed off as by the accounts written above this shows poor customer care and very unprofessional business conduct.

[Edited on 28-06-2006 by Fad]

I agree entirely.

I'm sure (at least i hope) this isnt the same but i remember putting a post similar to this about PVD and everyone replied in it to say how great they were and that they had never had any problems.
MatG

28th Jun 06 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get the feeling you have been either rude or very unreasonable as I very much doubt that Steve or any member of staff at LMF would be rude to you or cut you off. If they did you most likely deserved it.

I simply dont believe anything you have posted, its all very one sided, to make you sound like you have been very hard done by.

Most likely you fitted it broken or indeed you broke it whilst fitting - Why would anyone fit a part that was broken if you brought it new?? However as you broke it you thought I will get away with it ok. Due to the fact the clips have broken its caused stress on the grill and its snapped...again your fault. So your next step is to try it on with LMF, they do the right thing and try and help you out, after seeing the grill they realise its your fault due to broken clips, but try the warranty with the manufacturer...who agrees your fault = no warranty.

So its not going your way at all, so you think its worth a try lets get the grill back and I Will make it fit or fix it - why else would you want a broken grill back that was always broken in the first place

They realise what you are doing and think well you can pay the carriage for trying it on with us (if what you saying is indeed the case to be fair I would charge you as well).

This doesn't work either so next step......

lets bad mouth them on a public forum!!! You are a genius!

However that back fires as well as everyone fully supports them and no one has had a bad experience with them....I bet your gutted

LMF area great company, run by great people, that do care and often go out of there way for people at there own cost. This is the main reason I think you story is not the whole truth. For a £35 grill steve would send a new one if he thought it was anything other than your fault, I would hazard a guess that you have been rude and argumentative and he has thought "sod you"

Not all customers are always right!

[Edited on 28-06-2006 by MatG]
abdus

28th Jun 06 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were you there when all of this happened?

they cut the phone and it is me who rude...wow...

The parts broken are not on the same side of the clip..And only 2 clips were broken...to the far side. It was well fitted, I posted a pic to show it. You can't even see the damage. I realised that when cleaning the car...

Maybe you are doing some licking for Mr Crook to sell you his stuff cheap, I don't know...but he and some of his staff have been rude. It is a fact. They did cut the phone 3 times...

Where has it backfired on me? you got it all wrong it seems... Maybe for you, Mr Crook is God.

It was stated that the grille whether replaced or not would be sent back...How on earth am I tryin to get a new one. I accepted the fact that it might have been damaged by me (not true though), but at least he can return me the grille as promised.

There is no sign of force applied to the grille to suggest a damage being caused that way.

You say there was stress, well there was no sign of fatigue as he stated...so that's y I seeked an explanation about the part damaged.

Bad mouth them? Should I send them a Gold Card expressing my satisfaction? Telling my experience about them is bad mouthing?

For a £35 grill, Mr Crook would send me a new one? would go out of his way? he is already on the wrong path of dishonesty in my opinion...haha, all the problems happended only and only after he refused the claim and when I asked them to send me back the item (damaged one) as promised which they don;t want to send.

I think you missed the point completely, instead of trying to flatter, get to read the actual situation.

LMF are a great company for you, not me. My world does not stop at LMF. If he thinks that £35 is what is worth, so be it.

Next time, just don't hazard in matters you don't even know what and how they all happened
If I couls post all my mails that was sent before the problem arose, you would judge for yourself, if you have some common sense.

And yes, customer is always right if they are honest. I am in the present matter.

Maybe you know Mr Crook and you don't know me. I am not God like Mr Crook is for you, but I do help a lot of people too.

You expressed your opinion, fair enough.

No offense taken and none meant

I will have to talk about LMF in this way for my bad experience I had with them.

Send my regards to Mr Crook

Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

28th Jun 06 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that told him

abdus

28th Jun 06 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt H

28th Jun 06 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
Good excuse to get a Steinmetz one

Mine fell to bits
MatG

29th Jun 06 at 04:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by abdus
Were you there when all of this happened?

they cut the phone and it is me who rude...wow...

The parts broken are not on the same side of the clip..And only 2 clips were broken...to the far side. It was well fitted, I posted a pic to show it. You can't even see the damage. I realised that when cleaning the car...

Maybe you are doing some licking for Mr Crook to sell you his stuff cheap, I don't know...but he and some of his staff have been rude. It is a fact. They did cut the phone 3 times...

Where has it backfired on me? you got it all wrong it seems... Maybe for you, Mr Crook is God.

It was stated that the grille whether replaced or not would be sent back...How on earth am I tryin to get a new one. I accepted the fact that it might have been damaged by me (not true though), but at least he can return me the grille as promised.

There is no sign of force applied to the grille to suggest a damage being caused that way.

You say there was stress, well there was no sign of fatigue as he stated...so that's y I seeked an explanation about the part damaged.

Bad mouth them? Should I send them a Gold Card expressing my satisfaction? Telling my experience about them is bad mouthing?

For a £35 grill, Mr Crook would send me a new one? would go out of his way? he is already on the wrong path of dishonesty in my opinion...haha, all the problems happended only and only after he refused the claim and when I asked them to send me back the item (damaged one) as promised which they don;t want to send.

I think you missed the point completely, instead of trying to flatter, get to read the actual situation.

LMF are a great company for you, not me. My world does not stop at LMF. If he thinks that £35 is what is worth, so be it.

Next time, just don't hazard in matters you don't even know what and how they all happened
If I couls post all my mails that was sent before the problem arose, you would judge for yourself, if you have some common sense.

And yes, customer is always right if they are honest. I am in the present matter.

Maybe you know Mr Crook and you don't know me. I am not God like Mr Crook is for you, but I do help a lot of people too.

You expressed your opinion, fair enough.

No offense taken and none meant

I will have to talk about LMF in this way for my bad experience I had with them.

Send my regards to Mr Crook

No Mr Crook isnt a god

However he is a good business man that wouldn't want a bad reputation over a £35 grill However if you have been an argumentative, awkward tit then he probably can not be bothered to help you out.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » LMF Vauxhall deception- shoot aftersales service 23 database queries in 0.1053841 seconds