corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bigger engine

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bigger engine
ssj_kakarot

User status: Offline
4th May 06 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you need to think things through a bit more, you said you were going to get a £20,000, you want a highly modified car but you couldnt afford to pay £1600 insurance last year.

just stick with what you have for a few years, makes sense.
Ry_B
Banned

4th May 06 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P_young
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
but do you not think that will look a bit funny. You are a named driver, and its her who is doing the mods?

what ya mean??

He means that if you have to claim the insures will obviously suspect something. Your car being a done up Corsa, sound system etc, when your Mum/Dad have got something like a Bentley on the drive..it's a bit of a give away mate
ssj_kakarot

4th May 06 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

say what you will about being on parents insurance but there was no way i could justify let alone afford to pay nearl £2000 for a 1.2 corsa when i was 17, went on my dads cover and it cost me £216 a year fully comp.

that article posted says in the long run it will save money to get your own insrance policy when your 17, however, in many cases i would belive this to be incorrect.
Planty02

4th May 06 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
say what you will about being on parents insurance but there was no way i could justify let alone afford to pay nearl £2000 for a 1.2 corsa when i was 17, went on my dads cover and it cost me £216 a year fully comp.

that article posted says in the long run it will save money to get your own insrance policy when your 17, however, in many cases i would belive this to be incorrect.

I gotta agree here. I'm on my dads insurence but will hopefully be going on my own in december when the policy runs out. By then ill have been driving 18 months and be 21 yrs old so hopefully wont be as expensive as it was when i first got the car.

Wouldnt even consider an engine swap until i can afford my own insurence.

I'm sure the current engine is capable of the highest speed limit of 70mph so why rush into an engine change?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
4th May 06 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I shared a car with my dad for the first few years and that saved money, then got free insurance as the start of NCB.

Getting NCB is good though - I only now have 5 years through cancelling policies early and losing it, and I've been paying thousands because of it.

Sooner you get it sooner you can change the car, otherwise group 15+ stuff is still silly until you're 25 or more.
ssj_kakarot

4th May 06 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im 20 now and still on my dads insurance, paying just under £600 a year for a swift gti, of course i would like to have a few years no claims but i really just couldnt have afforded my own, being at college ect. still cant really now im at uni, or will be in sep.

i think ive had about 5 cars upto now and not had a single crash in 3 and a half years lol, fancy a starlet gt next though will still be a good few years before i get anything with silly speed.
Planty02

4th May 06 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in exactly the same situation mate - with college, and then uni I simply cant afford £1800 or whatever stupid amount they want.
ssj_kakarot

4th May 06 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup kind of sucks really still there are fastish cars to be had that aint stupid insurance groups
Planty02

4th May 06 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm quite happy with my corsa. It does 250 - 300 miles a week with very little maintainence and at very litlle cost so it suits me just fine

EDIT: and is now very comfy with calli leather in

[Edited on 04-05-2006 by Planty02]
JadeM
Premium Member

4th May 06 at 23:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant believe this guy lol i'll just insure my 2L as a 1.4

I have a mate who's now 22.....always been a named driver on his cars with his dad the policy holder, just because its cheap!! He says he will do this until he's 25 then put it in his name & it will be cheap by then anyway!! Ive always had it in my own name & from 17 - 19 insurance was stupid!! If I was asked for it now I wouldnt pay it!! 5 yrs NCB now so I can insure ANYTHING for buttons!! Current car is £160 & I got quote on a Audi TT 225 for £400. Im not sure whats best to do when your young but im deffo glad I have the NCD now!!!!!

[Edited on 04-05-2006 by JadeM]
Planty02

4th May 06 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you're saying but as a student i simply cant afford my own insurence. As soon as ive got the money i will get my own policy. Also looking inot the dircet line policies where Named drivers earn NCB

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bigger engine 22 database queries in 0.0248160 seconds