corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Connecting my ipod nano to my headunit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Connecting my ipod nano to my headunit
nessi

User status: Offline
30th Apr 06 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive decided to try & connect my ipod nano to my alpine headunit. Ive been told i can using the aux in or an i-trip.
I don't really want to get an i-trip cos my friend has one & it keeps going crackley, especially in hilly areas.
I'd like to get just a wire that connects my ipod to the back of my headunit, and so my headunit displays the artist & track name.
Is there such a wire, whats it called? How much are they?

Cheers Ness
Wrighty

1st May 06 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aux in/audio in wire should do if theres somewhere to connect it on the back of your headunit

most good headunits should be able to take an aux in cable
flash22

1st May 06 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depending what alpine head unit you have you can get the i pod interface

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3723&cadid=ad10b86a18678fcbc6c2c4df25a49175

or if you cant use the interface then get the aux lead (this will not display the info on you head unit)

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=alpine+aux&cadid=ad10b86a18678fcbc6c2c4df25a49175

[Edited on 01-05-2006 by flash22]
RKS

1st May 06 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aux in will work but you will still need to use the ipod to change tracks etc (which if you dont have the ipod sat in a docking station is illegal, if you get an ipod interface you can control the ipod through your HU

[Edited on 01-05-2006 by --Rikki--]
nessi

1st May 06 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well today i decided to go to the local car audio shop to buy an aux in wire. Woz well happy only cost me a tenner too! I got home & decided to have a look through my alpine instruction book & came across a little piccy of the back of my headunit, i looked at it closely, only to discover that i haven't got an aux-in plug in hole on my headunit
So it looks like i might have to buy an alpine interface after all, but i don't really want to have to spend £60 on one. So i think i'll just stick to using cd's & mp3 discs!
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

1st May 06 at 23:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could buy an auxiliary adaptor for the cd changer input, that will then allow you to plug in the aux in wire. I did this on my Pioneer headunit, so it cost me £20 all in.
Hope this helps mate!

New Poll