corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ooooh video and graph on pg3

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ooooh video and graph on pg3
Teddy

User status: Offline
27th Mar 06 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we could sell your other half to pay for it, or the cat?

better still hide the cat write a ransome note and get her to pay you - no one gets hurt!
broster
Premium Member

27th Mar 06 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dude your a genius! where can i hide the cat...................... fandy a little friend for a few days?
Teddy

27th Mar 06 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill put it in my shed
broster
Premium Member

27th Mar 06 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ace!
vibrio
Banned

27th Mar 06 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

diff will make a huge difference. Andy's car was ace. also consider shorter final drive
broster
Premium Member

27th Mar 06 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 4.18 final drive to go in when i do the diff, that will make it so much better! it handles suprisingly well now
vibrio
Banned

27th Mar 06 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what set up you using? when I was in andy's car it had billies and eibach springs
broster
Premium Member

27th Mar 06 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have koni yellows on the rear and avo coil overs on the front with 15's
micra_pete
Premium Member

27th Mar 06 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
transmission loss figure isnt worked out by a machine its just a percentage guess

who told you that then steve? as the rolling road i have used certainly calculates it.

the wheels figure also is not a 100% accurate way of measuring and quoting power, pump your types up and you'll get a different wheels figure, any bhp figure should only be used a comparative before / after figure when tuning a car, or for pub figures.

Nice figure broster
broster
Premium Member

27th Mar 06 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers pete.

i thought it was worked out by the machine too....
Jas

27th Mar 06 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

190bhp welldone mate

cough ** project cars ** cough
dhdev

27th Mar 06 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
vibs, next is a diff. it still runs so why bother fixing something thats broken...... lol!

but yes forged bottom end is next, crank is good for 9k so im told.

loo, cheers man!

Is that the standard crank thats good for 9k? If so where did you here that? Plus what are the standard rods good for bhp/rpm wise? Think I'm missing out on BHP by only revving to approx 8k!!!
Robin
Premium Member

27th Mar 06 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

track and race car magazine had a feature on the engine, said the standard crank is good enough for 9k, stnadard rods can take about the same, but steel rods are obviously safer, no limit on the bhp the standard ones can take though really

[Edited on 27-03-2006 by robmarriott]
dhdev

27th Mar 06 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Rob.
Time to get some cams and up the limiter then
hitman2k

27th Mar 06 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done m8 car is tops
broster
Premium Member

27th Mar 06 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dhdev
quote:
vibs, next is a diff. it still runs so why bother fixing something thats broken...... lol!

loo, cheers man!

Is that the standard crank thats good for 9k? If so where did you here that? Plus what are the standard rods good for bhp/rpm wise? Think I'm missing out on BHP by only revving to approx 8k!!!

standard crank is good for 9k if balanced. rods are good for 8-8.5 as are pistons. mine is limited to 8.5k on a regualr basis...... seems ok. but i wouldnt recommend people do it if the engine hasnt been balanced
dhdev

27th Mar 06 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dhdev
quote:

loo, cheers man!

standard crank is good for 9k if balanced. rods are good for 8-8.5 as are pistons. mine is limited to 8.5k on a regualr basis...... seems ok. but i wouldnt recommend people do it if the engine hasnt been balanced

Mines been lightened and balanced and has Omega pistons. They took it to a smidgen over 8k last time, but with my current cams its not worth going higher.
I think a set of solids and 300+ degree cams is the next level i'll go to with a 8.5k limit
Robin
Premium Member

27th Mar 06 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

broster is runnign 288 degree cams, and they seem to be fine for 8.5k, the power isnt tailing off, its still climbing right to the limiter, cant really see why you;d need lumpier cams unless you were revving to 10k
Steve
Premium Member

27th Mar 06 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
transmission loss figure isnt worked out by a machine its just a percentage guess

who told you that then steve? as the rolling road i have used certainly calculates it.

the wheels figure also is not a 100% accurate way of measuring and quoting power, pump your types up and you'll get a different wheels figure, any bhp figure should only be used a comparative before / after figure when tuning a car, or for pub figures.

Nice figure broster

it is impossible to work out the exact transmission loss from the methods rr's use, think about it, how can a machine tell what transmission losses are being imposed just from the wheels and engine spinning down, to accuratly work out transmission loss you need to measure at the fly and at the wheels.

Like i said before transmission losses are best guess, the machine can only work out a rough figure for transmission loss, it is not guaranteed accurate.

i also fully agree that tyre pressure/temp etc can throw out a rr figure, thats why i see rr's as pretty pointless really as just a tool to tell you what power your making, imo the only use they are good for is for mapping to see what differences the changes you make have, the top figure bhp is relative
Robin
Premium Member

27th Mar 06 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed Steve, its only an educated guess, but without getting the engine out and on a bench dyno, its the best thing most of us can afford to do

broster
Premium Member

27th Mar 06 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
broster is runnign 288 degree cams, and they seem to be fine for 8.5k, the power isnt tailing off, its still climbing right to the limiter, cant really see why you;d need lumpier cams unless you were revving to 10k

power is now tailing off at the limiter. depends how you have your cars dialed in too etc
Steve
Premium Member

27th Mar 06 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
agreed Steve, its only an educated guess, but without getting the engine out and on a bench dyno, its the best thing most of us can afford to do

yup, it is the best affordable method
Mattss Corsa

27th Mar 06 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never mind

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ooooh video and graph on pg3 22 database queries in 0.1704109 seconds