corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Multi Function Display LED

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Multi Function Display LED
Wolverine_1999

User status: Offline
8th Feb 06 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi peeps,

I just replaced my LEDs in the MFD with blue LEDS. They were working fine when suddenly the one on the right stopped working.. When I was replacing the LEDS, I noticed an orange stain on the back of the PCB. Could this mean a resistor has blown? When I got the car, both LEDs were working as well, when suddenly the right one stopped working as well...

I don't want to put another one in to find out it will blow too.

Thanks
Planty02

8th Feb 06 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This happens on my car from time to time

TBH mate i just hit the top of the MFD and the bulb comes back on - guessing its a dodgy connection.

Sounds too easy i know but it could be worth a try
Wolverine_1999

8th Feb 06 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm, I think I've tried that already...

I'll just take it out again and have a look I think. Maybe I hit a bump that knocked it out..

What about the orange stain on the back on the PCB though? Something is obviously after going sideways there...
Planty02

8th Feb 06 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've no idea on that mate - sorry

Just a quick warning - when you take the MFD out and put it back be very careful because the plug/socket on the unit is very weak, making the pins break off easily
Wolverine_1999

8th Feb 06 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've taken it out already, which was the easy part...

Trying to get that cover in the front off the heater controls though was near to impossible! Those 2 bloody Torx 20 screws facing outwards were a right balls to get out...

[Edited on 08-02-2006 by Wolverine_1999]
Planty02

8th Feb 06 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a tutorial for doing that on here mate - in the tutorials section under interior i believe

and yeah i know they're a nightmare (took mine out for spraying)

[Edited on 08-02-2006 by Planty02]
Wolverine_1999

8th Feb 06 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the tutorial was a great help....besides the fact that it doesn't mention the main problem in getting the front panel off!
Will_Sport

12th Feb 06 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you've got led's behind ur dials as well, make sure they are on the dimmest setting with the adjustor (makes naff all difference to brightness with LEDs) but reduces risk of them breaking

New Poll