corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » todays toys....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author todays toys....
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Jan 06 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is all
Greg_M

18th Jan 06 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks tops mark.
broster
Premium Member

18th Jan 06 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, my tiny tiny rad, should help reduce the weight over the front wheels a fair bit
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

18th Jan 06 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a george forman grill
Half Pint

18th Jan 06 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rad or oil cooler
Greg_M

18th Jan 06 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will it suffer when stationary?
AK

18th Jan 06 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its an oil cooler.

thermo controlled?

What oil temps are you getting? or did you just fancy one?
broster
Premium Member

18th Jan 06 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ak, well it run to 8500rpm, no oil cooler as standard, when it was 140bhp i was getting temps of 110-120 if i remember correctly.... so i have decided with the extra revs ill get me one to be safe, its a 13 row jobbie, only cost £35 brand new, its a copy of mocals one. ill get a sandwich plate off a c20xe and use the thermo off that, then get some pipes made up, shouldnt cost too much to sort really.
Half Pint

18th Jan 06 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was thinking of getting one for my clio as when being 'pushed' oil will get to 110 and above
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

18th Jan 06 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you still running it at 8500 limit?? i lowered mine to 7500 recently as i was getting scared i might get carried away and break it.

p.s what length trumpets you running?
broster
Premium Member

18th Jan 06 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa808, i dont run it that high much to be honest, i get scared.... want to beef the bottom end up some..... im running 60mm trumpets at the moment with no filter as of yesterday (im puttign it back just getting the base plate drilled) it needs to be mapped more so when its mapped hopefully well make the power come in sooner due to the change of cam timing.....
Dave A

18th Jan 06 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im changing my set up soo, going for a 30 degree inclined manifold. hopefully get some bigger trumpets om there then, how much clearance do you have between the trumpets and the bulkhead? and wanna sell me that airbox of yours? (you dont need it)
broster
Premium Member

18th Jan 06 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill sell it you for £100 if you want it, thats half price!

there is room for maybe 90mm trumpets with no air filter.... if i went for parallels id have got the 30segree inlet, j1400 is selling one.... did you get it?

edit to say i have a brand new unopened air box!

[Edited on 18-01-2006 by broster]
Dave A

18th Jan 06 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

picsof box? and yes, j1400 and i are negotiating.....
broster
Premium Member

18th Jan 06 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its band new lol! cant find pics of it on piperX site.....
a_j_mair

18th Jan 06 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
i was thinking of getting one for my clio as when being 'pushed' oil will get to 110 and above

who is pushing it, they must be like superman, id love help like that when i break down
Corsa E-Tec

18th Jan 06 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm thinking of an oil cooler as my temps will be getting high in my modded GSI.

is it worth it?
myke

18th Jan 06 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prettu sure i've got a sandwich plate in my garage if you need one
Stu

18th Jan 06 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just make sure you run a stat. The oil taking that extra time to warm up cos its going through the cooler can cause as much long term damage as high oil temps!!!

Spot on tho, I really fancy one myself! im just struggling to get a reasonably priced one with a built in stat!

Stu

18th Jan 06 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa E-Tec
i'm thinking of an oil cooler as my temps will be getting high in my modded GSI.

is it worth it?

Id say if your regularly seeing 115+C oil temps then its worth thinking about one, I generally like my oil below 100 if I can.

As I said in the above post tho, for a road car I think a thermo controlled one is a must!

Stu
broster
Premium Member

18th Jan 06 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stu, the c20xe runs a sandwich plate wit hbuild in stat, and im informed it will fit the x16xe.... same filter so cant see why not.... so im using that

what size are you looking for, why dont you run a sandwich plate then the stat can be in there..... any other reason why you want one with a built in stat
Stu

18th Jan 06 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
stu, the c20xe runs a sandwich plate wit hbuild in stat, and im informed it will fit the x16xe.... same filter so cant see why not.... so im using that

what size are you looking for, why dont you run a sandwich plate then the stat can be in there..... any other reason why you want one with a built in stat

Yeah, if the filter size is the same then you should be sorted, all you need then are send and return pipes to the cooler!

Im only looking for a little 13 row like yours, I think thats ample. Its just with P1 engine failure being quite common I like to keep the oil nice and cool. My two worries with oil coolers are:

1) If you dont use a thermostat the oil is running through the cooler from start up so it will take a lot longer to warm up causing extra wear over the long term (especially to bottom end shells which is a common P1 failure)
2) When you initially fit the cooler or do oil changes you need to make sure there is no air cavities trapped in the cooler or there is a chance they could be passed round the oil system. Probably the best way would be to prime it then dry crank the engine by removing the crank sensor or summat?

Stu
AK

18th Jan 06 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stu - what temps (celc or farnh) do you see when just out for a leasurly drive?
broster
Premium Member

18th Jan 06 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stu, yeah i usually crank it over with the dis pack disconnected after an oil change any way.....

agree with what you say.
5chaap2k

18th Jan 06 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice choice.. my plan when the redtop is in will be a 13row mocal kit

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » todays toys.... 22 database queries in 0.1813359 seconds