corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » Wanted: Anyone in NE who thinks theyre a bit quick...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wanted: Anyone in NE who thinks theyre a bit quick...
creationracing

User status: Offline
   8th Jan 06 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stonehaven and District Motor Club are currently on the hunt for competitors for our 2006 events. As well as being involved with Autotesting, Sprinting/Hillclimbs and Navigational/Stage Rallying, we are making a special effort this year to boost entries for our Autocross/Clubcross events. These are open to virtually any driver/car combination, so whether you’re an old hand with an ex-works Super 1600 Corsa tucked away in your garage, or a 17-year-old newcomer looking to try some competition with a standard road hatchback, this could be worth a look! Many top-level motorsport champions including former BTCC Vectra pilot John Cleland started out doing Autocross so who knows where it could lead….

For those of you new to the scene, Autocross and Clubcross is an off-road Speed formula, i.e. cars compete against the clock, leaving the line at staggered intervals, the winner being the driver to complete the required amount of laps in the quickest time. Events will generally be held on grass or stubble fields. And although there is the chance of cars meeting on the track, Autocross is a non-contact formula so no stock car antics please!

Any type of car can be entered in Autocross events with minimal modifications. Fire extinguisher and mudflaps are mandatory, with a rollcage, harness and racing seat being recommended although not required. Classes will be divided according to engine size and transmission type. Most engine, suspension and bodywork modifications are unrestricted so modified road cars can be entered if you wish. Clubcross is similar although 4 wheel drive, forced induction and engines over 2000cc are usually prohibited, as are non-road legal tyres. Full technical regulations can be found in section G of the MSA Competitors handbook (which you will receive when you apply for a competition licence).

So take any old road car, tear the interior out, fit a 1.75L handheld extinguisher and a set of cheap off-road tyres and you’re ready to do some Autocrossing! It’s common to drive to an event in the car you’re competing in but most will prefer to trailer their cars. You will also require a club membership and MSA Competition Licence (£12 and £32 per year). A flameproof suit and helmet are required but welder’s overalls and a bike helmet with correct BSI numbers will suffice.

The provisional dates for the 2006 events are as follows. Venues and MSA Permit etc are TBC but if there is sufficient demand the events will go ahead. The first one is not until June so even if you’re preparing a car from scratch you will have plenty of time! Events will be counters in the SDMC Speed Championship, the SDMC Club Championship and the SDMC Fiesta Challenge. Recent events have been held at Netherley near Stonehaven but new venues are being considered.

June 4th – Clubcross
August 6th – Autocross
September 3rd – Autocross

So if you think charging round a field sideways in a stripped out Sierra or Astra sounds like a good laugh, this is probably for you! For more information please send PM or email creationracing@hotmail.com

[Edited on 08-01-2006 by creationracing]
SwN

9th Jan 06 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Autocross is amazing been to 1 with my m8's who were competing in there 205 gti's up at drumclog , looked a great laugh , there was micra's and everything on , looked superb !
craigpcg

9th Jan 06 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fancy abit of the action but i havent built a car yet.mite have a go next year tho
creationracing

9th Jan 06 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next year?!? How long does it take to rip out an interior and bolt in an extinguisher?
craigpcg

9th Jan 06 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only live in a flat and rippin a car to bits and sticking a cage in will not impress the fcukers next door. plus as of yet i havent got no trailer to hall it about.
creationracing

9th Jan 06 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair point mate, cant see that making you too popular!
a_j_mair

10th Jan 06 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks great fun, if i come across a cheap banger it may get torn to bits
Mertin

10th Jan 06 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im up for it, do you hvae to have a driving liscence though

although im 17 in april so should have passed my test by june

iv posted this on scottishcruise aswell and turbospeed if you dont mind
creationracing

10th Jan 06 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff A J, make it happen! ps are you the same guy selling the Fiesta Panique bodykit on passionford.com?

Mertin, no thats superb mate, post this up anywhere it's likely to get some local boys or girls interested! And no, as its held on private land you dont need a driving licence, what you do need is Motor Club membership and a competition licence. send me a PM or something with your email address and I will send you an SDMC membership form. It costs £15 a year (not £12 as I have been saying...) and will allow you to enter events, and you will receive a regular newsletter letting you know whats coming up. After that you need to go to msauk.org and apply for a competition licence. The one youre after is the "Speed Non-Race National B" licence which costs £33 a year and will allow you to compete anywhere in the UK in virtually anything except circuit racing or stage rallies.

We have some club social events coming up soon, bowling, scalextric nights etc and Navigational Rally map training so drop me a line if you fancy coming along to one of these. Email is creationracing@hotmail.com.

Thanks for the interest!

Roy Kemp
creationracing

11th Jan 06 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also worth adding for the youngsters that the minimum age for Autocross is 16 years and the minimum for Clubcross is 14....
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

14th Jan 06 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright Roy mate trying to drum up some people, sounds like fun but can't afford to get a car together for it im afraid
vibrio
Banned

14th Jan 06 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to hire a photographer to take pics
mav

14th Jan 06 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ross is the best......
creationracing

14th Jan 06 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey Des, hows tricks?

Well like I've been sugggesting on other forums more than one person can enter in a car per event, so how about a corsasport.co.uk team entry? Find an old Corsa or Nova, doesnt have to be fancy, a 30 quid scrapper will do as long as its solid, strip it out, paint it in CS colours and share costs with a few other people on here....

Wont really be that expensive, you spend however much you want to spend really....

Any questions anyone drop me an email.

Think we already have a club-affiliated photographer but I will bear you in mind vibrio, cheers!
vibrio
Banned

14th Jan 06 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we could use AK's corsa he's bound to crash it soon
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

15th Jan 06 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey man im good thanks just been keeping busywith my flat not had much time for internet or the car really. quite tempted to do this but their are not many people up here near me from corsasport that would be all that keen on doing this . Might see if i can find a group of people to do it with.
creationracing

15th Jan 06 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well there are plans afoot (although not yet confirmed) to get Pete Stark and Scott McKenzie paired up in a Mini so you will need someone to keep the Vauxhall side up! Like I say you dont need anything fancy or fast, just something solid thats going to stand up to a day's action! You can always stick it over to Persley at the end of the day and get another one for the next round!

Even banned punters are welcome as you dont actually need a driving licence to participate. The more peole see this the better so feel free to repost it wherever you can. Sure there must be someone else on here thats up for giving a car death around a field and not getting chased by a shotgun-toting farmer! Maybe if you sticky it someone will happen across the post and decide it's for them...

There will be posters going up around Stonehaven and Portlethen in the next few weeks so if I hear anyone is looking for a local partner in crime I will drop you a PM and point you in their direction!

Cheers Des!

[Edited on 15-01-2006 by creationracing]
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

15th Jan 06 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

creationracing

15th Jan 06 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thankyou good sir!
AK

16th Jan 06 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

des....

find a raft and we can split the costs ken

an old L reg with a 1600 would be great
creationracing

16th Jan 06 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just checked the little rule book and up to 4 people can enter in the same car in a Clubcross, but only 2 in an Autocross (but we might be able to change this).... Just in case a proper "team" effort is on the cards!
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

18th Jan 06 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
des....

find a raft and we can split the costs ken

an old L reg with a 1600 would be great

Game for it if you are when you next up here ?
AK

19th Jan 06 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also this dude...

Des - i may be up on wed with the corsa.

Byt stocker is up in Ed from Next thurs if your up for a pissup... till Mon eve
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

19th Jan 06 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't come down on Sunday or Monday im afraid got plans but let me know when you are up in the afternoon and you can pop past my new place if ya want
AK

20th Jan 06 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll be up in Aberdeen from about 8am till the cars is mapped.....

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » Wanted: Anyone in NE who thinks theyre a bit quick... 23 database queries in 0.2088082 seconds