corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The outcome of my speeding.. *update 24/12/05*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The outcome of my speeding.. *update 24/12/05*
Mertin

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 05 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what you need, play their game and catch them out!

well done
ainsley_brader

2nd Dec 05 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rebrabuk
Yes i can appeal, considering it at the moment.

I did play a blinder, i proved my innocence but they banned me anyway as the police officer lied under oath about the meaning of the timeout error message.

I feel my punishment is a reflection of the doubt in the magistrates eyes over the legitimacy of the offence. Hence i am pissed because if there is any doubt, the case should've been dismissed.

Can you prove that second statement?
Have you took legal advice at any stage?
You have come far enough to keep pushing this!
Rebrabuk

2nd Dec 05 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ainsley_brader
quote:
Yes i can appeal, considering it at the moment.

I did play a blinder, i proved my innocence but they banned me anyway as the police officer lied under oath about the meaning of the timeout error message.

I feel my punishment is a reflection of the doubt in the magistrates eyes over the legitimacy of the offence. Hence i am pissed because if there is any doubt, the case should've been dismissed.

Can you prove that second statement?
Have you took legal advice at any stage?
You have come far enough to keep pushing this!

1. Yes, but it's not cheap. We are talking thousands of pounds to appoint an 'expert witness'.
2. Yes. I appointed a solicitor 2 weeks ago, i sacked him 3 days later. He was also of the oppinion that the photographs were invalid as evidence due to the timeout error.
3. That's why it is so tempting. Was so much fun splattering that egg on PC 2275's face. A second opportunity could be just around the corner..
Paul_J

2nd Dec 05 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got a similar penalty that I got for doing 101.4 mph. So that's good I suppose.

Sucks though that their statement is wrong. In theory any error in evidence / statements / paper work etc, should equal the case being chucked straight out of caught.

Especially if the evidence is about something as important as the device that was taking the speed reading and therefore if that is wrong, what else also could be wrong.

On the other hand, maybe they used their common sense and knew you were speeding - there was probably no doubt about it, 117 mph is excessive and if you had been let off with nothing - they would've of felt the justice system was a joke.

I know what you mean mate when you say you feel a bit stitched up, I've heard about the most basic of errors in statements / police practice (i.e. not giving a caution at roadside = chucked out of court later) resulting in things being chucked out of court.

On the other hand, 6 points hopefully won't effect your insurance as bad as a ban would in the future.

Congrats though on representing yourself in court, takes some balls to do that.
Rebrabuk

2nd Dec 05 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the past 4 or 5 months i've been building a defence around the fact that i was caught with a Gatsometer device (i knew it was an LTI really, but only because i know people expeerienced in this field of expertese) and then 5 minutes into the trial i'm informed that my defence is entirely useless as the device infact was an LTI 20/20.

There is a problem in there somewhere. I just feel like i might've missed the opportunity to do anything about it.

There was definately doubt in the magistrates mind, they were believing the facts that i was presenting to them and questioned the witness about it themselves to confirm their doubt. Whether the witness was deliberately lieing or simply uneducated, i'm not sure. Either way, he lied...

Bearing in mind i'm paying £1300 on insurance at the minute, i got a couple of quotes of well over £2300 if i had of been banned for 3 months. Not tried with 6 points yet as that was never an option as far as i was concerned...
Robbo

2nd Dec 05 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like you say, the magiustrate was obviously unsure but at the same time it was/is fairly obvious that you did indeed do 117 whatever... thats probs why they still found u guilty! :S
Rebrabuk

2nd Dec 05 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People always said i had an attitude problem.
Robbo

2nd Dec 05 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like i said, fair play for playing them
scoob
Premium Member

2nd Dec 05 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done mate
Tom

2nd Dec 05 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done and unlucky in one, could've been worse, could've been better but at least you didn't get a ban, hopefully you'll slow down now or you'll get the book thrown at you
linz

2nd Dec 05 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so how fast do u say you were actually traveling?
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Dec 05 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think this case has grounds to be thrown out. It seems to me, and I'm no expert, that the timeout message is used to stop the gun being trained on one vehicle and being pointed at another, rendering the second car guilty of the first cars offence.

In this case, there's no contrary evidence stating your speed, and you didn't appear to state your case anywhere for misprosecution? Only that the police officer didn't know what he was doing, which clearly didn't surprise them too much.

You might have been better, and apologies if you did and I've not picked up on it saying that the timeout message was present, and furthermore you are not guilty of a speeding offence, or you are and its not 117mph.

That, if successful, would have got you off, if it were the case.

If it were not the case, then perhaps you just did very well indeed not getting banned for driving way in excess of 100mph, and need to quit while you're behind.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

2nd Dec 05 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does TIMEOUT mean then mark?
Rebrabuk

2nd Dec 05 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Error messages

A number of error conditions can occur when using the equipment, and these are recorded on the video. Some codes that are relevant to the "target" are:
- Timeout The laser gun takes the speed reading and it appears on the screen. Then about four frames later the word "Timeout" is added to the display (i.e. 4/25 seconds later). This is to prevent any possibility of recording the speed of one vehicle, and then just pointing the camera at other vehicles and telling everyone that they were doing 140 mph! So there should be about four frames, before the one that they have sent to you, WITHOUT the "Timeout". If there aren't then the speed they measured was the speed of someone else's car! This link will take you to an example of this.
- Error 01 Target out of range or too close.
- Error 02 Loss of target due to beam interruption or target going out of range.
- Error 03 Unstable reading due to poor aim or panning off of target.
J da Silva

2nd Dec 05 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Policemen are human too, sometimes they make mistakes, it's a case of how good you are at countering these slip ups.
cunningham

2nd Dec 05 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brilliant m8 glad you fought your case and didnt just sit back and take a pounding lol

why we even have limits on motorways why cant we be like germanys autoban
Twiggy

2nd Dec 05 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all i can say is wow! thats mad shite mate well done for having some balls!
Siberia

2nd Dec 05 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Error messages

A number of error conditions can occur when using the equipment, and these are recorded on the video. Some codes that are relevant to the "target" are:
- Timeout The laser gun takes the speed reading and it appears on the screen. Then about four frames later the word "Timeout" is added to the display (i.e. 4/25 seconds later). This is to prevent any possibility of recording the speed of one vehicle, and then just pointing the camera at other vehicles and telling everyone that they were doing 140 mph! So there should be about four frames, before the one that they have sent to you, WITHOUT the "Timeout". If there aren't then the speed they measured was the speed of someone else's car! This link will take you to an example of this.
- Error 02 Loss of target due to beam interruption or target going out of range.

did it read this? what the fcuk were you found guilty for so.... hang on i know the answer... a copper would never li would he? joke mate...

simple fact is that reading is unrelisable as the target is to close

free Rebrabuk free Rebrabuk free Rebrabuk free Rebrabuk free Rebrabuk free Rebrabuk free Rebrabuk free Rebrabuk free Rebrabuk

[Edited on 02-12-2005 by Siberia]
Rebrabuk

3rd Dec 05 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
quote:
Error messages

-Timeout The laser gun takes the speed reading and it appears on the screen. Then about four frames later the word "Timeout" is added to the display (i.e. 4/25 seconds later). This is to prevent any possibility of recording the speed of one vehicle, and then just pointing the camera at other vehicles and telling everyone that they were doing 140 mph! So there should be about four frames, before the one that they have sent to you, WITHOUT the "Timeout". If there aren't then the speed they measured was the speed of someone else's car! This link will take you to an example of this.

did it read this? what the fcuk were you found guilty for so.... hang on i know the answer... a copper would never li would he? joke mate...

simple fact is that reading is unrelisable as the target is to close

free Rebrabuk free Rebrabuk free Rebrabuk free Rebrabuk free Rebrabuk free Rebrabuk free Rebrabuk free Rebrabuk free Rebrabuk

[Edited on 02-12-2005 by Siberia]

No mate, it was showing the timeout error message.
Siberia

3rd Dec 05 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so it could have been any or the error messages...? hence it could have been a reading from somone elses car.... COULD HAVE BEEN being the choice words here...

apeal it!!!... get a solicitor.... i'm not saying you did bad... infact i think you done excellently but it just looks better from a solicitor...

a fcuking outrage the way your faith is judged without considering the evidence...
Rebrabuk

3rd Dec 05 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
so it could have been any or the error messages...? hence it could have been a reading from somone elses car.... COULD HAVE BEEN being the choice words here...

apeal it!!!... get a solicitor.... i'm not saying you did bad... infact i think you done excellently but it just looks better from a solicitor...

a fcuking outrage the way your faith is judged without considering the evidence...

Indeed, nail, hit head.

If i can obtain the required amount of support from the right people, i am all for an appeal. However, i do not want to enter into a situation where there are if's and but's involved so a bit more research and time is needed to consider further action.

It is reassuring to see all of the support from everyone though.
timrud_

3rd Dec 05 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All seems fair. See this stuff everyday.
Charlene

3rd Dec 05 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well gutting about the outcome but at least its better than a ban
Rebrabuk

3rd Dec 05 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by timrud_
All seems fair. See this stuff everyday.

Typical of the British Justice system. You're all as uneducated as each other.

Just because you see it every day doesn't make it 'fair'.
timrud_

3rd Dec 05 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair = Happens to everybody else lol

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The outcome of my speeding.. *update 24/12/05* 22 database queries in 0.1975441 seconds