corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » XE corsa reliable????

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author XE corsa reliable????
lee mitchell

User status: Offline
28th Nov 05 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like they were cossvaux ones as ive had that on a car twice. they are just machined astra ones. but the part number on them is just the same as the part number that used to be on m tech ones. so theyre all machined astra ones etc just obviously better done im guessing it was the passenger that went too.
NovaGTE

28th Nov 05 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh it was how'd u guess? had been weak or i'll fitting from when i got the car as there was play in the wheel like as if the bearing had gone, went within 150miles aswell, made a bloody mess!
lee mitchell

28th Nov 05 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

matt punched all the hubs and bearings in so he may off done something wrong. and passenger sides usually go as the little shaft (m tech,cossvaux, astra gte)is slightly to long.
NovaGTE

28th Nov 05 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh was an absolute bitch to get apart, ended up having to change everything, also where it was running bad for the 150 miles it killed a tyre and the brake disc!! Cost a small fortune

Also Lee do you know if the car is running a c20xe loom or an 20xe loom as its picking up a lambna even with a 20xe ecu and a c20xe with the lambna by passed?
CORSA NUT

28th Nov 05 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i'm 24 with 0 no claims in a bad area and only pay £700! Not classed as a sports car even though it is really quick on the move
NovaGTE

28th Nov 05 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just done a quote now £897 FC Thats £600 cheaper than the corsa
CORSA NUT

28th Nov 05 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you drive the corsa much? I'd need it to be a daily driver i can't be doing with a tempremental motor i've had enough of fuked cars in the past
lee mitchell

28th Nov 05 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sure its an astra gte loom from what i can remember with no lambda or fuel tank vent valve. is the ecu ur using an fp one
NovaGTE

28th Nov 05 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh mate, do 52mile round trip everyday to uni and a 100mile round trip to my GF's most weeks and have done for over 3months now without a problem, do have a 2nd car which i bought for the winter but not drove it yet
Nic Barnes

28th Nov 05 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the xe in my corsa was and still is, the most reliable car and engine ive ever owned. the let has been in and running for about 5 months now but has killed a gearbox already
NovaGTE

28th Nov 05 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee mitchell
im sure its an astra gte loom from what i can remember with no lambda or fuel tank vent valve. is the ecu ur using an fp one

Whats a FP one? I have two which i have tried, both bosh montronic (i think) ones, looked up the product codes and one is for a c20xe and the other is from a 20xe cav one.

Dosnt make a difference to the running tho, just the EM light is on all the time and you plug the diag in and it always says Oxygen sensor. But not running in LIMP mode cos to early an ECU
Adam_B

28th Nov 05 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My experience from the last 3 years of XE lovelyness has taught me its all about getting a good engine. They are very simple engines really, but if you get a shitter it will cost you lots in £ and headaches. In the end i gave up trying to polish my turd and just swapped the whole lot for a well looked after nice low mileage XE.
lee mitchell

28th Nov 05 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the ecu it will be stamped witha 2 letter code ie fp gl pt etc u need an fp. some 20xe's came with lambda so just beacause its a 20xe ecu u have dont mean it didnt have lambda. u will need an fp one mate
Mattb

28th Nov 05 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done just over 4000 miles in mine.. no problems

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » XE corsa reliable???? 22 database queries in 0.0117700 seconds