corsasport.co.uk
 

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Claims after my accident...Pay outs..


New Topic

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.


Author Claims after my accident...Pay outs..
mav
Member

Registered: 19th Jun 01
Location: Scotland
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well yeah was leaning over to kieran the time he hit us...

i'll wait and see what happens but pissing me off they think they can offer that and get away with it...
whitter45
Member

Registered: 15th Nov 02
Location: Norton
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think your payout is justified - should have wore your seat then any injuries you had were down to the crash itself

The responsibility is put on yourself to wear a seat belt whether the crash was your fault or not
Russ
Member

Registered: 14th Mar 04
Location: Armchair
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whitter, granted he had no seatbelt, but, he was hit by a drunk driver who was speeding on the wrong side if the road, his missus had a seat belt on and came off worse, that compo is a disgrace
Siberia
Member

Registered: 9th Oct 03
Location: Leprechaun Land Drives : Zafira GSI
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does your solicitor think your entitled to?
leeshez
Member

Registered: 3rd May 01
Location: Great Harwood, Lancashire
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a crash 3 years ago and there was 3 people in the car. I was the middle car in a 3 car shunt. The car was put back on the road and me and the other front passenger got 3K each and the back passenger got 4K. So hold out.
a_j_mair
Member

Registered: 23rd Jan 04
Location: Scotland
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All these people saying they got x amount for this or that, are they all justified claims or were you just trying to get as much as possibile rather than what was deserevd? All these claims push everyones insurance premiums up, fair enough if they are valid claims but acidents happen accept it. The society we live in today is getting more like america everyday
none aimed at you mav however you should have been wearing your seatbelt and 5K i think is optimistic surely for sum scars on your legs?

Hope you get it all sorted out tho
Ojc
Member

Registered: 14th Nov 00
Location: Reading: Drives : Clio 197
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate got 14,000 grand being a passenger in a car accident, he banged his head against the glass tearing his eyelid and he needed plastic surgery to fix it, he said that its effected his self confidence and cannot work anymore
mav
Member

Registered: 19th Jun 01
Location: Scotland
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
I think your payout is justified - should have wore your seat then any injuries you had were down to the crash itself

The responsibility is put on yourself to wear a seat belt whether the crash was your fault or not


I do not hide the fact that i should have had my seatbelt on in the back.never had and was annoyed at myself for not having it on..NO MATTER what, even if i was sitting on the roof there would have been NO injuries if he wasn't drunk,speeding and on wrong side of the road...

I think 600 is way too low, yeah 5k optimistic but you have to try..So think we shouldn't get a claim because i never had belt on....

so what about the 200 for my 3 year old son, think thats ok too???
broster
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 6th Dec 02
Location: Drives: E39
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

end of the day will money solve the problems?
mav
Member

Registered: 19th Jun 01
Location: Scotland
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my medical report.

Mr Marwick was involved in a road traffic accident and attended the Queen Margaret Hospital A and E Dept. He had been a back seat passenger in the car and was not wearing a seatbelt.The vehicle in which he was travelling was in a head on collision at approx 40mph. When seen in casualty, he was complaining of a painful right lower arm and painful lower leg.He had also had a nosebleed but this had settled by the time he arrived in A and E.

On examination the casulaty officer notes briusing and a heamatoma to the lower arm,bony tenderness at mid point of the ulna and pain on movement of the lower fore arm.On the left lower leg,he also noted grazing and bruising to the anterior aspect,but there was full range of knee and ankle movement.This gentlemen was initailly treated with analgesia and advised to mobilise the joints to try and ease recobery.

Mr Marwick then attnended the surgery still complaining of pain mainly around the right shoulder.At that time he was given a medical certificate for 2 weeks as he had been unable to work since the time of the injury. I advised him to continue for review and he came back to see me on the???. At that time he was still complaining of discomfort in the right shoulder areawhich was preventing him from carrying out his normal occupation.I gave hima certificate for one week and we hope that he will have recovered suffiociently to allow him to return to his job as an engineer within one week.

My prognosis is that he will make a complete recovery from his injuries although he may still perhaps have some discomfort for perhaps another month or two. I do not expect there to be any residual problems as a result of this injury but it should be noted that there is no history of any pre-exsisting injury to either of the areas where mr MArwick is complianingof discomfort. I expect Mr Marwick to remain on anti-inflammatory medicences for perhaps one more month and then he should manage without any analgesics..

mav
Member

Registered: 19th Jun 01
Location: Scotland
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no broster your right but I want a fair pay out, if not for me for Kieran at least..
a_j_mair
Member

Registered: 23rd Jan 04
Location: Scotland
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav

I do not hide the fact that i should have had my seatbelt on in the back.never had and was annoyed at myself for not having it on..NO MATTER what, even if i was sitting on the roof there would have been NO injuries if he wasn't drunk,speeding and on wrong side of the road...

I think 600 is way too low, yeah 5k optimistic but you have to try..So think we shouldn't get a claim because i never had belt on....

so what about the 200 for my 3 year old son, think thats ok too???


Looking at you report i think the best you could hope for is loss of earnings and 1.5K for your own personel injuries. As far as your son i can understand your upset and anger as no one wants any member of there family to go through such a traumatic experience especially for a youngster. As to how much he compo he should get i would not like to say but i agree 200 is a joke!!!
mav
Member

Registered: 19th Jun 01
Location: Scotland
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah 200 to kieran is a joke...he is going to start councilling for it too...

yeah whatever for me but more than 600 i say....if they offered 1k I would probably take it...
bradfincham
Member

Registered: 20th Sep 02
Location: East Of England Drives: Clio 172
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When me and my dad was in a car crash, wrote of his turbo scooby!!

A rigid horse box was reversing out of a side road onto a very busy main road, we was coming along and all of a sudden this horse box appeared, da was doing 70 ish, the rear corner of the horse box hit the passnger side rear window to the boot, send us sideways towards oncoming traffic, dad got the back end correct and we ended up driving between the cars coming the opposite way and 2 wheels running along the bank!

dads driving pretty much saved both our lives and people coming the other way

But that crash aggrevated dads illness so he got a hefty pay out, i had whiplash but didnt get anything, as dads claim was more important obviously!

And one written of scooby!

So mav, keep rejecting it till it gets to a few thousand if i was you
Cosmo
Member

Registered: 29th Mar 01
Location: Im the real one!
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you may aswell go for the most you can get out of them.

Insurance companies are using people claiming as an excuse to push up prices, and they will continue to rise even if you didnt claim as much as possible.

And before someone says...'Well if everyone decided not to claim that much premiums will be lower'...thats not going to happen, so they wont!
Ally
Member

Registered: 2nd Jul 03
Location: Pontypool Drives: a Skoda
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is baby ok thou Mav?
mav
Member

Registered: 19th Jun 01
Location: Scotland
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers brad, sounds like a bad one though,,

yeah ally due in march and all is fine
Ally
Member

Registered: 2nd Jul 03
Location: Pontypool Drives: a Skoda
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooo Karen must be getting fat!!!
whitter45
Member

Registered: 15th Nov 02
Location: Norton
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What people fail to forget is you didn't take the necessary precaution to prevent injury

Granted your wife and son but you didn't

Also medicals are false becuase they get a fee off the insurance to carry it out and solicitor gets a fee for representing you and yourt insurance gets a load of money off the person responsible plus yourself next year as you will lose your no claim regardless of who's to blame

End of the day they are all in it together - you don't get a pay out for free you will end up paying for it and I do believe the offer for you is acceptable - you didn't wear a seat belt thus injuries were more servere than it would have been

mav
Member

Registered: 19th Jun 01
Location: Scotland
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whatever..

I will not lose my no claims. how you work that out didn't even go through our insurance........
Cosmo
Member

Registered: 29th Mar 01
Location: Im the real one!
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
What people fail to forget is you didn't take the necessary precaution to prevent injury

Granted your wife and son but you didn't

Also medicals are false becuase they get a fee off the insurance to carry it out and solicitor gets a fee for representing you and yourt insurance gets a load of money off the person responsible plus yourself next year as you will lose your no claim regardless of who's to blame

End of the day they are all in it together - you don't get a pay out for free you will end up paying for it and I do believe the offer for you is acceptable - you didn't wear a seat belt thus injuries were more servere than it would have been




Its going through the drunks insurance, hence the no claims wouldnt be lost!

And medicals arent false if its a respected doctor (which the insurance company would insist on using) as they get paid whether they give a positive or negative report about your injuries.
whitter45
Member

Registered: 15th Nov 02
Location: Norton
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well you won't then just with the extent of injuries and damage to car I would have thought you would have

Whatever you get will be a bonus anyway - good luck to ya
whitter45
Member

Registered: 15th Nov 02
Location: Norton
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
What people fail to forget is you didn't take the necessary precaution to prevent injury

Granted your wife and son but you didn't

Also medicals are false becuase they get a fee off the insurance to carry it out and solicitor gets a fee for representing you and yourt insurance gets a load of money off the person responsible plus yourself next year as you will lose your no claim regardless of who's to blame

End of the day they are all in it together - you don't get a pay out for free you will end up paying for it and I do believe the offer for you is acceptable - you didn't wear a seat belt thus injuries were more servere than it would have been




Its going through the drunks insurance, hence the no claims wouldnt be lost!

And medicals arent false if its a respected doctor (which the insurance company would insist on using) as they get paid whether they give a positive or negative report about your injuries.


Think you will find that if it did you would lose your no claims

It states on the any claimns to declare that a claim is classed as an accident regardless of fault
Cosmo
Member

Registered: 29th Mar 01
Location: Im the real one!
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
Think you will find that if it did you would lose your no claims

It states on the any claimns to declare that a claim is classed as an accident regardless of fault


You seem to be missing the point...

If someone crashes into you, then you make a claim against THEIR insurance not your own, hence you keep your no claims.
whitter45
Member

Registered: 15th Nov 02
Location: Norton
User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not apply for insurance on line and see it for yourself

A claim is a claim - you will claim for damage of his insurance but its a classed as calim made by yourself -

Have a look at the small print

  <<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Claims after my accident...Pay outs.. 22 database queries in 0.0189049 seconds