corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » why the hollyoaks omnibus is my heater so crap?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author why the hollyoaks omnibus is my heater so crap?
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Nov 05 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my heater doesnt actually warm up, ever, and my coolant temp never ever goes above 90 degrees, its like driving a fridge

what could be the cause of the problem?

thermostat?
heater matrix pipes?
the fact that my radiator is the size of holland and is no longer obscured by the aircon rad so is working too well?

someone please tell me, as i'm really struggling to drive my car due to the sheer coldness
Mistamist

19th Nov 05 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you may have an air lock around the heater matrix area, the size of the rad shouldnt matter as it doesnt really come into play untill the thermostat is open, which is around the 88-90 mark.

try opening the header tank cap and letting the engine warm up, let the engine get hot and the water may overflow the header tank, rev the engine and the water will drop, then put the cap back on (dont burn yourself)

hopefully now you should have pushed the air out of the system and will have a toasty warm car.
Robin
Premium Member

19th Nov 05 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M15T XE
you may have an air lock around the heater matrix area, the size of the rad shouldnt matter as it doesnt really come into play untill the thermostat is open, which is around the 88-90 mark.

try opening the header tank cap and letting the engine warm up, let the engine get hot and the water may overflow the header tank, rev the engine and the water will drop, then put the cap back on (dont burn yourself)

hopefully now you should have pushed the air out of the system and will have a toasty warm car.

right, so if the thermostat is stuck slightly open, would it make the heater not work?

i'll do the airlock thing tomorrow, although i've done it twice now since the engine was swapped
Mistamist

19th Nov 05 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah if the thermostat was stuck open it would take ages for the car to warm up, especially with the cold weather. the water will be prematurely through the rad and never really gaining any heat from the head.
Robin
Premium Member

19th Nov 05 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ace, i'm gonna fix it tomorrow then cheers dude
RobHayes

19th Nov 05 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would suggest airlock, as you've had the coolant system drained recently
Robin
Premium Member

19th Nov 05 at 23:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i shall try this again then

New Poll