corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » National Vehicle Surveilance System :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author National Vehicle Surveilance System :(
Paul_J

User status: Offline
16th Nov 05 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

though pikeys who don't pay mot / tax / insurance nick people's petrol out of their tanks - so that wouldn't catch them.

I don't mind having camera's like 1 camera per major bit of road or something... but seems a tad silly for every 400 yards - if its 'Not used for speeding'
Robin
Premium Member

16th Nov 05 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by City
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Erm... so you don't mind the fact that your speed will be checked over an average of every 400 yards you travel?

not really grown out of speeding everywere now

But the point is, everyone speeds - I go on a motorway and stick to the 70 mph limit and will be overtaken by everyone. If your driving at 3am with no traffic about down a 30 limit, you'll have to sit exactly at 30 - not 34 ... I'm not talking about Speeding, I'm talking about 'accidently exceeding the limit' like by a couple of mph.

Not only that, but people will be so worried about speeding / looking at their speedo - I'm sure accidents would increase.

Finally I personally think it's unsafe, to not allow someone to manouver there car if they need to - which may mean exceeding the limit very shortly. i.e. overtaking a tractor doing 10 mph, I'd prefere to accelerate quickly past, rather than go 'oh shit I'm at the limit... and risk having a head on'.

Yes of course it won't measure speed If you believe this, your a fool. As brad says, the amount it'd cost is like 40 mil! are they really going to make that back via just penalising a couple of people for no mot / no tax. They will slip implement it, and then introduce the fact it measures your speed as a improved feature 6 months after its working.

Paul J

clarkson said about this after driving down the a43 in northampton, its a 50 limit with SPECS cameras and he said he nearly crashed as he was paying too mucha ttention to his speedo
corsa_crew

16th Nov 05 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe these are a good idea maybe ever 400yrds is extreme.

one thing which aint been picked up yet is if its linked to dvla - will show records of cars which have been stolen, which would be a real help to the police as they would then be able to locate more cars.

would improve people's chance of getting there car back if it goes missing.

surely that must be a good thing

CorsAsh

16th Nov 05 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1849415,00.html

Funny how the guy who wants to implement this has been done for speeding twice...
Rob_Quads

16th Nov 05 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You better get off the motorways now - quite a few of them have plate reading cameras on them for checking whether you are untaxes. I know the M3, M4, M40, M42 & M1 all have them at various points

Every 400m is overkill and will cost too much to implement. If it meant you could not speed at all within a year no-one would = no money from speed = HUGE cost to implement

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » National Vehicle Surveilance System :( 22 database queries in 0.0116780 seconds