corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got pulled by the police tonight going quite quick....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got pulled by the police tonight going quite quick....
timrud_

User status: Offline
24th Aug 05 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and a mate were just seeing how the car was performing as I have some fueling issues at the moment. I slapped another tenner in it, then we headed to the duel carrageways...

I flew up the first one and it was not running anything like it should. Came off a rounderbout in third and went straight over, hammered it through third and well into fourth and past three cars driving normally...

I thought the middle one was a honda or something, but it was a plain 307 cop car ROFL

Straight on my case..... looked in my mirror and they were in uniform... great!

So I went right round the next rounderbout and back where I'd come from, and he flashed me into a bus stop.

Asked me to get out of the car, which I did. Now a trick which has always stood me in good stead is look a Policeman straight in the eye and be polite, hes just doing his job remember.

"Whats the speed limit on here?"...... "40 mph mate"..

"How fast were you going".... "Well maybe a tiny bit quicker" (Not a ton much )

I could see he was thinking about the long speech, so before he could start I just went "Look, you don't need to tell me, I know thats bad driving, I'll calm it down" he replied saying "I'll not patronise you, I can see you understand..."

Then he saw my Nurburgring sticker (think he liked it LOL), he goes "Your not on the ring now son! If you want to see what your car can do go and take it on the motorway!"

Nice job mate..... so I did ROFL

So not all coppers are bad, its far from the first time I've been delt with a word instead of a penalty. Treat them well and if they are semi-human they will be fine with you
Nic Barnes

24th Aug 05 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i realy really really really dont like arogant policemen. im just a twat to them, suprised i aint been locked up or beaten up by more of them on a regualr occasion.

good on yer for gettin away with car testin, lol
timrud_

24th Aug 05 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to work with the Police, so I have no fear or nerves round them, I see my mates and they do themselves no favours!

Arrogent policeman I like to snidely wind them up, rather than be shitty with them, its like a game LOL
corsa_godfather

24th Aug 05 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat pissed me off was i got 3 points and £60 fine for doing 80mph on the motorway at 7.30 on a sunday morning.says its ppl like me that kill so many ppl on the road.was in the saxo at the time.must just have thought fuck it thats cars got shit loads done to it lets fuck him lol
Nic Barnes

24th Aug 05 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got 3 points for doing 69 in a 60 in a rural part of the cumbrian hillside with no other cars anywhere on a long straight you can see about 1 mile further down.

reckon if they aint got any the night before and see some young boy and his girlie in the car, they pull em over just to piss em off, which it did
FlamingCorsa

24th Aug 05 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it pays to be polite to police i think they are much kinder if u are and if u are not polite and helpful then they will just rip through u and find summit to do u for!!!

glad u didnt get done, its so easy to speed woth a car of ur power tho!!! iaz
Butler

25th Aug 05 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_godfather
wat pissed me off was i got 3 points and £60 fine for doing 80mph on the motorway at 7.30 on a sunday morning.says its ppl like me that kill so many ppl on the road.was in the saxo at the time.must just have thought fuck it thats cars got shit loads done to it lets fuck him lol

middle age housewives do this in their rovers and dont get anything, only because there older and dont drive a done up motor, police are mostly twats imo and biased because they know they can piss you off
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

25th Aug 05 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
police are mostly twats imo and biased because they know they can piss you off

harsh
X 60RSA

25th Aug 05 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
i got 3 points for doing 69 in a 60 in a rural part of the cumbrian hillside with no other cars anywhere on a long straight you can see about 1 mile further down.
quote:

Thats harsh because watching a traffic cop thing the other week, copper sat clocking people on the motorway, one new shaped beetle was doing just over 80 and he said its not going fast enough for me to bother going after! I think alot of cops would let you off if you were doing 80 on a motorway but a camera would have ya!

I'm always polite to the cops, they are only doing their job.........i cant stand arrogant ones though, no time for em
Nic Barnes

25th Aug 05 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it was the fact that i was driving a nova sr with a big bore 4, lol, was about 8 years ago now, 17 years olds, jst passed my test, will teach him a lesson routine.

learnt my lesson though from it. always check around you for the 5-0 when about to hoof your car down a straight
CorsAsh

25th Aug 05 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are the traffic coppers who are into cars, and will chat to you about your motor, be quite amiable, and usually let you on your way with a word in your shell-like. If you act like a cock, or your car is a shed and obviously causing annoyance etc, then expect to be done.

I've not had any trouble with cops, respect the majority of them for doing their job well. It's not easy by any means.
ed

25th Aug 05 at 03:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think the only reason why Police get arrogant and arsey is because they get pissed of with kids breaking the law while driving then getting a facefull of lip. They probably find it refreshing when they pull somone over who is actually polite to them...
Cybermonkey

25th Aug 05 at 06:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fucking hate the twats on here who start laying into policemen. they are only doing their job FFS, and is cocks like Butler who just end up giving young male drivers a stereotypical image.
timrud, nice one getting out of that though
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

25th Aug 05 at 06:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What cybermonkey said, but I do love how no one is slating into him for speeding like you usually would.
timrud_

25th Aug 05 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats probably because straight away I admited I WAS wrong...

Usually I'll not do anything mad on that road unless I can see its clear, was purely because we were eager to see if the car had rectified its problem.

Mistake made and lession learnt, without the need for my clean licence to get mucky

[Edited on 25-08-2005 by timrud_]
Matt H

25th Aug 05 at 06:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lucky!

But yes, politeness is the way forwards
Ally

25th Aug 05 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Think the only reason why Police get arrogant and arsey is because they get pissed of with kids breaking the law while driving then getting a facefull of lip. They probably find it refreshing when they pull somone over who is actually polite to them...

Yes

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
i fucking hate the twats on here who start laying into policemen. they are only doing their job FFS, and is cocks like Butler who just end up giving young male drivers a stereotypical image.

YES

Good lads! Police do a good job, its when cocky little lads give them lip that they get funny, which they are entitled to do.

Some people rant and rave about how every copper sees a lad in a car and assumes that they are a boyracer ... but they are the people with the attitudes that have created that!

Surely any young man would want the police to realise that not every lad in a car is a boy racer, and talk to them with respect to prove that?

woop woop

Siberia

25th Aug 05 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

christ... so you got away with doing 140? lucky boy! live to speed another day

cybermonkey... there are alot of cops that give the force a stereotypical image too....

[Edited on 25-08-2005 by Siberia]
boyracer2002

25th Aug 05 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty lucky then tim

Only been stopped a few of times in mine, number plates being the main reason with them "missing" on the front another time with the flames, just said engine is nackered and overfuels throwing them out everynow and then
Charlene

25th Aug 05 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You were lucky then

But being polite is always the best option when speaking to the police
vibrio
Banned

25th Aug 05 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think timrud_ sucked the bobby off
Butler

25th Aug 05 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey

i dont think youve ever met the police round here, how can you say i give young drivers a stereotypical image when you dont even know anything about me. they might be doing there job, and maybe some of them are alright, but alot of them abuse their power.
Rebrabuk

25th Aug 05 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only been pulled for speeding once doing 60 in a 30 zone in my Corsa. It was the day that i had just left a deposit for the Vectra. Traffic cop sitting just in a junction of a warehouse entrance and i saw him as soon as i got to the junction and was braking and indicating to pull in before he'd even came out of the junction as i knew he was going to come after me.

Took a seat in his car and listened to the speach whilst looking very concerned and appologetic and he let me go with a warning. I think he was intending to give me a ticket when he pulled me but after speaking to me he changed his mind. Told him about needing the car for my job as a computer engineer and having just left a deposit for new car etc.

I even had a brake light out which he helped me to replace as i had the new bulb with me.
stuartmitchell

25th Aug 05 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_godfather

been there bud except I got £200 fine and 4 points
mav

25th Aug 05 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would be polite with them...if they treat you ok do it back, but you do get some twats...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got pulled by the police tonight going quite quick.... 22 database queries in 0.2011521 seconds